Looking for Bigfoot in Open Areas

Believer57

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Can you elaborate on what type of open areas you'd be looking for and how you'd find them? 

I think we may be saying the same thing but I'm looking for edges where two different areas of nature meet.........

Alpine tree line. Dawn and dusk. Scan the tree line with binocs and spotting scope.The autumn might have ripe berries that a sasquatch might pick through.

9 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Can you elaborate on what type of open areas you'd be looking for and how you'd find them? 

Say a car gets lost in the woods.  Guy leaves the car and goes for help.  If he treks across the deep woods it’s harder for the rescue party to spot him.   If he walks along the road he is more easily spotted.

Essentially anywhere things break from dense woods to open areas are the target spots.   Creek beds, roads, paths, and so on.

At bluff creek on the PGF the woods broke up at the creek bed.  It was devoid of as much cover due to previous wash out.   Go there today and it’s now in much more cover and shade.

Easier to spot a bear trying to get salmon in streams vs in deep woods.  Thus even in very remote deep woods go to a nearby stream.

Ok, we're talking about the same thing.  I'm confident that the wariness of a sasquatch is proportional to the extent it ventures out of the woods. It goes from its comfort zone to high alert and maybe tries to do so more often under the cover of darkness. 

^^^

I would never tell someone how to find bigfoot. I have never looked for it and lack the skill set to even know how to guess.  

I like what a poster (can't remember who) said:   Bigfoot is like the KGB in Russia, you don't find him, he finds you.

Having watched various Bigfoot TV shows over the years it seems when John Q Public come forward to report a sighting, they are regular people who happen to come across something they can't explain.  These people seem like usual people who happen to be out at a picnic that day vs Rene Dehinden- type adventurers.  The encounters seem brief, and the thing they are shocked they saw quickly slips out of sight.   To my mind, that is the typical witness and the typical sighing.  I don't know if numbers really support that but it seems that way.   If this is the case it seems being ready to film it would be a priority.  Apart from just being prepared to 'film' I am not sure expeditions have much of a chance.

Then there is the PGF.   They did some things to make their own luck but we have to admit it was still a long shot they got that lucky.    Maybe Roger and Bob cracked the riddle of the only way to maybe film bigfoot is to replicate their method.  If someone is catching fish you will increase your chances if you are fishing they way they are fishing.

-Come up quietly on horseback

-Running water to cover their approach

-Being physically fit and agile to make the chase

-Encounter in more open creek bed area (things need water)

-Daylight encounter

-Much cover generally yielding to some open areas

-knowledge of how to use the camera 

-having a foolproof video system available which is ready to go (old film camera wound up vs a cell phone with a clumsy access code.)

-willing to look for weeks and weeks without giving up

-going where there had been reports of RECENT activity.

I will still place my bet on a regular person who happens to come across something but is armed with a camera which is easy and easy to fire.   With that in mind, some cameras are like drawing a pistol which is ready to fire immediately.   A modern Cell Phone-based filming attempt would be like loading a musket and then taking the shot.  Even then, with enough cell phones out there, another better film is coming some day.

Edited by Backdoc

I'm often shocked how little Horses are used in expeditions, prey animals don't alert a Sasquatch as much as an apex predator (us) would. I guess it's the logistics of ppl renting or by luck owning pack horses, but it honestly seems like a very underrated and criminally underutilized advantage. If I were to go on a extended trip, I would want to bring terrain horses not only to just get around but to mask any potential scent of humans. That's what startled Patty, not the horses but the humans on them. There are many ways to conceal oneself on Horseback if you want to get close. Dumb luck or active camo. Maybe the HECs tech too.