Damning For Skeptics

Guest alex

You call that an "attack"?

Boo!

No, he didn't. I suspect that he very well "understands" why no shot up hoaxers have been produced, like I do. What he wrote was:

Now, Skeptic, care to explain for the lack of dead prankster remains, or do we have to continue playing your silly game?

And, to continue your silliness, other people have been shot, killed, and buried to hide the crime, and the crimes were solved, anyway.

Look, if there are fools dressing up in ape suits and to try to fool thousands of people from the side of the road, there is a very good chance one of them would have been shot by now, but there is not a single report of such that I know of. Do you know of any?

The obvious reason is that there are extremely few fools in ape suits trying to fool random people on the side of the road. We don't need to go into clear and obvious foolishness to admit that, do we?

I'm writing that there is no case of such that I know of. Please show otherwise.

So you're saying that if hoaxers have been shot and killed all those cases have been solved? Wow, that's simply amazing!!! I guess you don't know that there are over 100,000 missing persons in the United States. Why haven't all those cases been solved?????

Why would there be a report of a hoaxer getting shot if the only two people there were the hoaxer and the shooter? Who is going to report the incident?

Are you just playing semantic games or do you really not understand the question and the issue?

Guest mizzousquatchn

I understand what yor saying Alex. And buy the way to the others I think its called The Bigfoot Forums and not The skeptics forums. Dont the skeptics have a place to go and beat their chests? I want to talk Bigfoot, not if they are real or not. I know they are real. No one hoaxed me, I was not hallucinating, and Im not some "crazy" wanting attention. Thats why I read more than post. If you dont believe in Sasquatch, why be on this forum? What is the motive? :huh: Anyway... I understand the point your making Alex.

So you're saying that if hoaxers have been shot and killed all those cases have been solved?

It just has to be all or nothing for you, doesn't it? Do you really think we're that stupid?

I guess you don't know that there are over 100,000 missing persons in the United States.

I'm Alaskan. I live in the Land of the Lost. I knew people who disappeared. I can assure you that they weren't wearing ape suits when they went missing, either.

You?

Why haven't all those cases been solved?????
Read and learn
instead of playing shallow, obvious games.
Why would there be a report of a hoaxer getting shot if the only two people there were the hoaxer and the shooter?

Dead body in an ape suit might be a dead giveaway for most of us.

Who is going to report the incident?

He who finds the dead body in the ape suit.

I guess you've never found a dead body? If so, was it in an ape suit all shot full of holes?

Are you just playing semantic games or do you really not understand the question and the issue?

I understand the question, issue, and reality very well, and believe that it is you playing the games.

I understand what yor saying Alex. And buy the way to the others I think its called The Bigfoot Forums and not The skeptics forums. Dont the skeptics have a place to go and beat their chests?

Yes, but it tends to be an exercise where they get emboldened by each other, then they come here to try to "conquer" the believers, or something.

hippiecowsm.jpg

A Scottish highlander. Impressive, even though they tend to be small.

You can say that again. I almost got squashed by a bunch not so long ago. I was wheeling my mountain bike through a field and around 10 to 15 of them trotted over to me and pinned me against a fence. Those horns are some serious stuff up close. But I made it out alive hehe. They were only being friendly, even if they wouldn't "shoo" when I asked them to. :lol:

Edited by Kerchak

But if sasquatch is reported everywhere like you said, then hoaxer's would likely be widespread too, so why haven't we shot one by now? Sasdenier is more like it, no offense, even skeptics are open to the possibilities

Just because I don't give a fallacious argument any credit does not mean that I'm closed to the possibility.

Do you think people in bigfoot suits are stupid enough to wander about public hunting lands on opening day? It's pretty easy to avoid getting shot while wearing a bigfoot suit in the woods.

The bigger issue is, however, the number of opportunities. How many people do you think have ever donned bigfoot costumes and gone a-hoaxing in North America? Now how many bigfoots have ever (and I'll even make this easier by restricting it to the past 200 years) walked around in North America? (Hint: the former number should be orders of magnitude smaller than the latter.)

ETA: Once assisted on an artificial insemination of a Highlander cow. She was not happy, and I was in charge of controlling the end with the horns.

Edited by Saskeptic

Do you think people in bigfoot suits are stupid enough to wander about public hunting lands on opening day?

I don't see why not. If they're stupid enough to don an ape suit in order to trick random people along a roadway (who might very well have a rifle behind the pickup seat), how are we supposed to attribute enough intelligence to them to know the hunting regs and put two and two together?

They're stupid. That's already established. We just don't know the depths of their stupidity.

It's pretty easy to avoid getting shot while wearing a bigfoot suit in the woods.

Prove it. Here in Alaska. Even better, how about in Tennessee.

I dare you...........

The bigger issue is, however, the number of opportunities. How many people do you think have ever donned bigfoot costumes and gone a-hoaxing in North America?

You can probably count them on the fingers of one hand. And that means that hoaxing is rare. Extremely rare.

Now how many bigfoots have ever (and I'll even make this easier by restricting it to the past 200 years) walked around in North America? (Hint: the former number should be orders of magnitude smaller than the latter.)

I agree. I'll estimate the total number of bigfeet that have lived on the North American continent in the past 200 years at perhaps 25,000. Today? Less than 2,000. Maybe less than 1,000. And the vast majority of those are likely in British Columbia.

Which is precisely why our official wildlife agencies need to get with the program............

ETA: Once assisted on an artificial insemination of a Highlander cow. She was not happy, and I was in charge of controlling the end with the horns.

Frankly, I think I'd prefer the "horny" end, myself, if it was an insemination exercise............

Just because I don't give a fallacious argument any credit does not mean that I'm closed to the possibility.

Do you think people in bigfoot suits are stupid enough to wander about public hunting lands on opening day? It's pretty easy to avoid getting shot while wearing a bigfoot suit in the woods.

The bigger issue is, however, the number of opportunities. How many people do you think have ever donned bigfoot costumes and gone a-hoaxing in North America? Now how many bigfoots have ever (and I'll even make this easier by restricting it to the past 200 years) walked around in North America? (Hint: the former number should be orders of magnitude smaller than the latter.)

Isn't the point that people ARE stupid enough to hoax bigfoot in a suit? I think Mak's point is that hoaxing in bigfoot suits isn't as prevalent as you skeptics like to think. What % of reports involve a guy in a bigfoot suit? It should be a substantial number if ALL the reports are false, considering how adamant the witnesses are regarding what they saw. How many reports involved hunters? Any way you slice it, hunters aren't very good at shooting bigfoot, whether it's a guy in a suit or whatever. Therefore, they likely wouldn't have bagged a real bigfoot by now, if they existed. You have to give Mak that one.

Otherwise, all those people who are positive about what they saw are either lying or delusional, correct? If you're a pseudo-Saskeptic you can't dodge that one. ;)

Guest Bullfrog
I don't see why not. If they're stupid enough to don an ape suit in order to trick random people along a roadway (who might very well have a rifle behind the pickup seat), how are we supposed to attribute enough intelligence to them to know the hunting regs and put two and two together?

They're stupid. That's already established. We just don't know the depths of their stupidity.

Those people who I know who have willfully faked bigfoot sightings with suits were/are hard core hunters and their intended victims were usually city slickers with little or no outdoors experience.

One of the hoaxers I knew controlled the environment closely. He would make sure his victims didn't have any guns on them, and an accomplice was always with the victim to make sure no guns came into play.

Another hoaxer I know of (but don't know personally) likes to walk specific areas of highways that he knows well. He'll linger just long enough for a vehicle to possibly catch him in the headlights, then he'll run into the woods to a pre-determined area where it would be hard to be pursued. The likelihood of being shot is minimal, as he always leaves view as soon as the vehicle reacts to him (by slowing down).

If Hoaxers can avoid hunter's easily, than Sasquatch could too, since both are likely to have human-like intelligence, and one gunshot will not kill a sasquatch automatically, there have been more sightings not reported of the rarest animals on earth, if you put a snow leopard in the PNW, the sightings would be in the 1000's YEARLY

Those people who I know who have willfully faked bigfoot sightings with suits were/are hard core hunters and their intended victims were usually city slickers with little or no outdoors experience.

One of the hoaxers I knew controlled the environment closely. He would make sure his victims didn't have any guns on them, and an accomplice was always with the victim to make sure no guns came into play.

Another hoaxer I know of (but don't know personally) likes to walk specific areas of highways that he knows well. He'll linger just long enough for a vehicle to possibly catch him in the headlights, then he'll run into the woods to a pre-determined area where it would be hard to be pursued. The likelihood of being shot is minimal, as he always leaves view as soon as the vehicle reacts to him (by slowing down).

Why couldn't a sasquatch make this same plan?

I think the #of people in bigfoot suits is an outlier on a chart of the cause of a bigfoot report. It is far outweighed by people just making up stories about seeing Bigfoot.