Bigfoot Rock Throwing

Believer57

It could mean that Eastern and Western '"tribes" don't intermingle enough for some to learn rock-throwing behavior? Similar dynamic to the Chimpanzee study where not all groups, or maybe only one group practiced rock throwing.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

I truly don't know, but i find it strange for sure.

I ended up doing that as i was talking to Shane Corson a few weeks back about some recent rock throwing reports out in WA (western of course) and just thought i'd take a look in to what if any, was the public info on other non human primates and found that West African study.

What got my interest was the fact that they were showing and pushing the 'cultural behavior' line as i felt it would always be possible to find that within our subject, hence the focus on Washington and that was that.

But i didn't stop there....;)

In other areas of the PNW and the west coast, there's other 'strange' pockets of both pretty high density 'objects thrown' reports and areas of next to none at all which could possibly suggest that there are learned cultural behaviors within our subject and 'objects thrown' may just be one of them.

For example, within the same mountain range as the above numbers but just further south and across state lines, the Oregon Cascades see's way different numbers to what the Washington Cascades see, a mountain range that has a natural divide of a (Columbia) river.

Washington Cascades (240 miles in length approx) - 1/14 reports consist of 'objects thrown' out of 419 reports total (7%).

Oregon Cascades (360 miles in length approx) - 1/178 reports consist of 'objects thrown' out of 178 reports total (0.05%).

That's a big difference.

Other notable numbers.

Oregon Coastal Range - 1/25 reports consist of 'objects thrown' out of 100 reports total.

Eastern Oregon - 1/25 reports consist of 'objects thrown' out of 49 reports total.

Pattyville (Klamath Mountains OR and CA) - 1/106 reports consist of 'objects thrown' out of 211 reports total.

Sierra Nevada Mountains CA -  1/20 reports consist of 'objects thrown' out of 196 reports total.

It's all food for thought if nothing else BUT, at least we have a starting foundation and confirmation of learned cultural behavior in non human primates with that West African study of Chimps, it's something to at least give me the emphasis to spend further time on this kind of stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2