Best Camo patterns for dense woodland

norseman

32 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Very true. You have to adapt to the surroundings and conditions. Governments have been looking for the perfect camo for decades, if not centuries. Billions of dollars have been spent on R&D. And they still have not found it...

Maybe we should start our own camo company!

Admin

I can see it now "Norseman Camo Products Inc.". We will make you famous and me rich...  ;) 

• Thanks 1

I think camo selection can be like fly fishing....match the hatch.  As mentioned before, where I go ASAT works wonderfully BUT I've also tested (and use) Sitka's Subalpine camo. It has a limited amount of green and that pattern does an excellent job of breaking up a person's silhouette and confusing the mind. The Subalpine works well now through early Fall.

If the camo was being used in a life-or-death scenario, I think a ghillie suit that "matches the hatch" is about as good as it gets. 

I've always thought that someone who perfectly matched the environment with a crafted ghillie suit might actually have a good chance at fooling a sasquatch. Lie in wait, like a snake, motionless until the prey happens along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw4yhdX8Gxc

• Thanks 1

Admin

I agree that ghillie suits could be very effective if employed correctly. And just sitting in one spot for a while could bring in some positive results. I wonder how many have tried that method? Although you still have to contend with noise, smell, and other issues as well; but there are remedies for those too. If I tried that, I would probably fall asleep and snore right as BF was approaching.... ;) 

16 hours ago, norseman said:

I own some sitka gear.

Yeah I used my old military camo. I had desert,Woodland and the new AOR when I got out. My buddy is the big game expert over at Sitka sent me a bunch of their stuff. It's awesome kit I'll tell you that. Very warm and durable and light weight.