Ape not ape

xdivision

I have heard and have recorded similar chatter from these beings like the Sierra sounds. This for me puts me in the non-ape category.

Edited by xdivision
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, xdivision said:

I have heard and have recorded similar chatter from these beings like the Sierra sounds. This for me puts me in the non-ape category.

Homo sapiens are a member of the great ape family though, so is it just semantics as in you think they are more 'human' than say, a gorilla or do you think they are something different entirely? Patty to me looked very certainly great ape. I have yet to hear a plausible hypothesis that they are not in that family.......

The video explains your question. Its information confirmed for ME by my experience. Food for thought for others.

They supposedly are apes. And so are we! It’s a pet peeve of mine. There is no such thing as ape vs human. Humans are apes.

So the question is? Does Bigfoot belong to the genus Homo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo

This is what gives Homo Sapiens speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoid_bone

Were there other species in the genus Homo that exhibited this bone and therefore had some form of speech? Yes.

https://www.livescience.com/7468-hyoid-bone-changed-history.html

If Bigfoot belongs in the genus Homo? It begs the question? Where is the fire and stone tools?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_erectus

I honestly don’t know. It’s bipedal. That places the species closer to Homo Sapiens than a Chimpanzee which we share 98.9% DNA with. Are there other bipedal species not in the genus Homo? Yes. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranthropus

Bigfoot has some human like traits. It also has some very non human traits. Which may make sense if it’s not a Homo species but something close.

• Upvote 1

True about humans being apes to, but I still think whatever they are, they are further along than chimps, gorillas, etc, if theres a roughly halfway spot between chimp and human I think thats about where biggie operates.

• Upvote 1

Humans are apes in the manner that they are our closest relatives from a common ancestor 7 millions yrs ago, however we are distinctly different from Apes in a lot of ways. It's a spectrum. 

2 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

True about humans being apes to, but I still think whatever they are, they are further along than chimps, gorillas, etc, if theres a roughly halfway spot between chimp and human I think thats about where biggie operates.

That's a BINGO in my book, V.

44 minutes ago, Marty said:

Humans are apes in the manner that they are our closest relatives from a common ancestor 7 millions yrs ago, however we are distinctly different from Apes in a lot of ways. It's a spectrum. 

Homo Sapiens ARE Apes. Our closest known living relative is a Chimpanzee. And yes we share a common ancestor millions of years ago with Chimpanzees. Gorillas are closely related too. Orangutans are more distant cousins. But we all belong to the family Hominidae.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

And it’s true that our branch of the ape family has traits very different from other apes. Bipedalism, language, tool manufacturing, fire, etc.

The discovery of a fellow bipedal ape? Could shed a lot of light on our own past not found in the fossil record.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying we aren't Apes, we are by default of genetics, but we aren't Apes in the true sense. We evolved radically differently. So yeah, we are Apes but I also don't think it's right to lump us into the same category because we are so different now. 

I do think Sasquatches are a type of Hominid, but I could be wrong, they do share a lot of Gorilla-like features so maybe they could be a branch of upright Gorillas, who knows at this point. 

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty said:

I'm not saying we aren't Apes, we are by default of genetics, but we aren't Apes in the true sense. We evolved radically differently. So yeah, we are Apes but I also don't think it's right to lump us into the same category because we are so different now. 

But it’s important to use proper terminology. So that everyone is on the same page. The demarcation line your looking for is the genus Homo. We are the only ape left in that genus supposedly. Bigfoot could possibly be another ape species that belongs to the same genus. Or not. We just don’t know.

Science breaks every species down in sort of a pyramid fashion. For example all apes are mammals. So our class is mammalia. So we are related to horses, killer whales and chipmunks by that comparison.

2E5D0674-5F7B-4E40-9BB8-1B6A65A6B088.jpeg

I'm aware of the terminology, but I think we're arguing two different points of view. I'm not saying we aren't Apes by definition, we ARE, genetically and phylogenetically. I'm arguing that calling us Apes undermines how different we actually are as a result of those 7 mys of evolution. We are far more intelligent and the way we control and utilize our environment is completely different from living Apes. Therefore, if we consider Sasquatch a Hominid, we should expect its intellect to be somewhere near our own, and using known Ape behavior to study the animal is a flawed way of going about capturing evidence of a creature with manlike intellect, with Ape-like prowess. It's a weird creature that highlights the best of both worlds. 

It's like saying all Dinosaurs are birds just because birds are genetically a Dinosaur, the latter is true because Birds came from Dinosaurs but most Dinosaurs are very different from birds. 

I hope there aren't folks that, somehow, take offense at Science correctly including Homo sapiens into the Family great apes. It's not meant to be insulting.

1 minute ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I hope there aren't folks that, somehow, take offense at Science correctly including Homo sapiens into the Family great apes. It's not meant to be insulting.

I love Apes so that's not an issue for me. I hope I'm getting my point across, I have barely woken up and my coffee hasn't circulated in my system yet LOL

Edited by Marty
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1