Ape not ape

xdivision

2 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

Considering that chimps share 99% of our dna, thats just not so, we are scientifically classified as apes despite the horror experienced by religious types at the thought of that... in the apes, the great apes are: Chimps, Gorillas, Gibbons, Orangutans, and Us.... maybe biggie to, but he's closer to us than chimps as far as ability to not be discovered.

LIke it or not though there is other smart if not intelligence life on earth: Whales, Dolphins, Octopii and squid, and hive insects if you factor in hive mind intelligence. Leaf cutter ants farm the leaves around them for mulch for a unique fungus they essentially farm for themselves. 

You misunderstood my point entirely, read the follow ups

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

Considering that chimps share 99% of our dna, thats just not so, we are scientifically classified as apes despite the horror experienced by religious types at the thought of that... in the apes, the great apes are: Chimps, Gorillas, Gibbons, Orangutans, and Us.... maybe biggie to, but he's closer to us than chimps as far as ability to not be discovered.

LIke it or not though there is other smart if not intelligence life on earth: Whales, Dolphins, Octopii and squid, and hive insects if you factor in hive mind intelligence. Leaf cutter ants farm the leaves around them for mulch for a unique fungus they essentially farm for themselves. 

Excellent post. I've run out if 'likes' but have a thumbs up instead! 👍👍

4 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

My personal theory: (YES THIS ALL SPECULATION) They are a proto human group that went a different way from us, when we in our development chose to embrace agriculture, and advance forward. They instead stayed close to the natural world and developed in a different direction. A couple thousand years later they are what they are, and it is a bit different.

Agriculture is only 12,000 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture

There is no way humans stayed humans and Bigfeet became an 8 ft hairy creature with no tools and no fire in 12000 years. Look at how close Neanderthals and humans looked separated by 200,000 years.

Look at how similar Native American and Mongolian cultures are separated by 20,000 years.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

There is no way humans stayed humans and Bigfeet became an 8 ft hairy creature with no tools and no fire in 12000 years. Look at how close Neanderthals and humans looked separated by 200,000 years.

I'm pretty sure you are correct.    It could be borderline possible under the most extreme conditions ... essentially, the closer a population is to extermination (both in small size and extreme pressure) the quicker it can adapt, but that is too much.   Further factor is it has to be isolated from a larger gene pool and the presence of the Native American people would have been a genetic buffer greatly slowing such adaptation.

In other words, the BF / human split has to have been farther back.    I think it most likely they arrived via the Bering land bridge in one of the 3 earlier episodes rather than the 1 most recent episode.   

I think they did indeed change rapidly from whatever our shared ancestor was because of extreme survival pressure, but that ancestor was something other than Homo sapiens.  Maybe H. erectus, maybe not.    If not, it was something older yet,  not something newer.  

IMHO .. which is subject to changing my mind if evidence comes forward.  :)

MIB

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Agriculture is only 12,000 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture

Look at how similar Native American and Mongolian cultures are separated by 20,000 years.

I did say it was speculation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/19/2021 at 4:36 AM, vinchyfoot said:

True about humans being apes to, but I still think whatever they are, they are further along than chimps, gorillas, etc, if theres a roughly halfway spot between chimp and human I think thats about where biggie operates.

Not really a matter of "how far along" those species are, its not their goal to evolve into a human like species, its to just evolve and see what does or doesnt work out for them, humans are not from other great apes, we simply shared a common ancestor millions of years ago.

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:46 PM, norseman said:

They supposedly are apes. And so are we! It’s a pet peeve of mine. There is no such thing as ape vs human. Humans are apes.

So the question is? Does Bigfoot belong to the genus Homo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo

This is what gives Homo Sapiens speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoid_bone

Were there other species in the genus Homo that exhibited this bone and therefore had some form of speech? Yes.

https://www.livescience.com/7468-hyoid-bone-changed-history.html

If Bigfoot belongs in the genus Homo? It begs the question? Where is the fire and stone tools?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_erectus

I honestly don’t know. It’s bipedal. That places the species closer to Homo Sapiens than a Chimpanzee which we share 98.9% DNA with. Are there other bipedal species not in the genus Homo? Yes. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranthropus

Bigfoot has some human like traits. It also has some very non human traits. Which may make sense if it’s not a Homo species but something close.

The bili ape is also bipedal and is a sub-species of chimpanzee. I do however think Bigfoot are more human-like than any other species of great ape yet discovered. 

3 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

The bili ape is also bipedal and is a sub-species of chimpanzee. I do however think Bigfoot are more human-like than any other species of great ape yet discovered. 

The Bili ape is bipedal?

4 minutes ago, norseman said:

The Bili ape is bipedal?

Yes. It has been observed walking both bipedally and on its knuckles. It seems to be able to use both means of locomotion with equal ease. Stands up to 6ft tall. I find this particularly interesting since skeptics often claim there are no extant bipedal primates other than humans. I will post as link shortly. Out getting an oil change and posting from my cell phone. Not too technologically savvy unfortunately lol. 

Edited by Wooly Booger

11 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Bigfoot have also been reported on all fours on occasion. 

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

Yes. It has been observed walking both bipedally and on its knuckles. It seems to be able to use both means of locomotion with equal ease. Stands up to 6ft tall. I find this particularly interesting since skeptics often claim there are no extant bipedal primates other than humans. I will post as link shortly. Out getting an oil change and posting from my cell phone. Not too technologically savvy unfortunately lol. 

I thought they were just large Chimps.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

The Bili ape is bipedal?

Only believed by Guardian readers. :lol:  That publication likes to push unsubstantiated analysis. They go right up to the line.

Edited by Arvedis