Bigfoot Controversies of 2021

Arvedis

Bigfoot Controversies of 2021  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I think he was just checking things out. He lives somewhere in Colorado so he probably did not go out of his way to attend this. I can't speak for him of course but Burtsev and Paulides go back a few years on the Sasquatch genome project. I was never clear what Igor's role was on that other than to be disruptive on social media.

You have a link to this whole phone call flap?  A video perhaps?

I am morbidly curious now 

The original phone call at the Nebraska conference is in that thread. The audio is not good and people are confused what is going on. It's also findable on YouTube. The second call is linked in this thread. Kind of long and mostly in Russian but it is at least in a controlled setting with better audio.

We will have to see if Igor actually comes back to do it again. He is on the Michigan conference speaker list in July. It seems out of character for him to pull these kinds of stunts. I guess my curiosity got the better of me to dig this one out.

14 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Now if you are a fan of Janice Carter. Well then she says that these creatures speak exactly like how Greg is speaking. I am not sure about Igor if this is normal for him. I have only met him twice and have taken him out in the field with me as well in my area. So he does know what he is talking about. But this phone call with this creature did catch me off guard. So you know now I will have to question him on this the next time i see him.  He is a great guy and all but is some times hard to understand due to his accent.  The one thing that would need to be asked is if he had made actual contact with this creature named Greg. Also what would need to be asked if he was able to get DNA sample from Greg and have it analyzed. So that we can get a make up of this creature.

It would only make sense that if he can make a cell phone call with this creature. That he could also make a face to face meeting. That would take away our doubt about his gullible over this person.  I would also wonder if there more pictures of this creature. So far what I am seeing in that picture in my opinion is a man in a suit.

Are there decent audio samples from the Carter farm?  How would a comparison be made? Carter language was in writing (and never verified or come close to it).

No DNA from Greg. He is in Siberia and even if this was legit and Greg allowed a cheek swab, the labs in Russia would find a way to blow it.

5 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I voted other to see the results, as I'm not even familiar with everything listed.

I was encouraged to see only a few people have voted and most don't care.

There is a lull in Bigfoot controversy so it needs a jump start.

5 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

Is the community EVER without drama?

Yes, like right now. If I didn't explain it, would anyone have even tried to pay attention to Igor's crazy stories and impossible accent?

Edited by Arvedis

6 hours ago, Twist said:

I’m shocked that it is even being considered that someone had a cell phone conversation with BF.   That is easily the most comical thing I’ve heard in 2021!  :rofl:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

“Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I’m just a caveman.  I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists...”

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Twist said:

I’m shocked that it is even being considered that someone had a cell phone conversation with BF.   That is easily the most comical thing I’ve heard in 2021!  :rofl:

It was a call with a habituator who allegedly was with a BF who allegedly squawked while the habituator held the phone. That's my interpretation anyway.

I guess I shouldn't have expected much out of this except below average comedy.

Edited by Arvedis

5 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Carter language was in writing (and never verified or come close to it).

That's how I read it too.  So there is no way to compare. But I am very disturbed by the action of Igor and does seem out out of character. But since he does have a subject from where he can get DNA from. It would be possible to have it tested here with in the US from independent labs. Just as long as he does not leak any information of from where he acquired this DNA. It could be done as a blind test. As far as I know the creatures from Russia are called Almas are they not. Did I pronounce that wrong. So they might be different. 

Now if they were really mind readers they could have talked in english on the cell.  The names would have been known and their thoughts would have been known live on the cell phone. A better test would be to write on a piece a paper some word and see if the creature could read what the word was said on the paper. But the word would have to be done with out Igor knowing it. Maybe I will try this tactic if the creature decides to call..  I have done it before  except with knocks and hoots. I think that Igor is a good guy. But you might have some idea on what might be going on.  I do not believe that he would be in on a hoax but maybe duped. We just do not know and no one wants to ruin some one who has been in this field for so long.

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

.... I am very disturbed by the action of Igor and does seem out out of character. But since he does have a subject from where he can get DNA from. It would be possible to have it tested here with in the US from independent labs. Just as long as he does not leak any information of from where he acquired this DNA. It could be done as a blind test. As far as I know the creatures from Russia are called Almas are they not. Did I pronounce that wrong. So they might be different. 

Now if they were really mind readers they could have talked in english on the cell.  The names would have been known and their thoughts would have been known live on the cell phone. A better test would be to write on a piece a paper some word and see if the creature could read what the word was said on the paper. But the word would have to be done with out Igor knowing it. Maybe I will try this tactic if the creature decides to call..  I have done it before  except with knocks and hoots. I think that Igor is a good guy. But you might have some idea on what might be going on.  I do not believe that he would be in on a hoax but maybe duped. We just do not know and no one wants to ruin some one who has been in this field for so long.

For any of this to have a shot at being real, the habituator would have to first prove that there is a genuine yeti present with him. Talking in russian to Igor who is a bad communicator, who then talks to us, won't cut it. The photo of the yeti statue with blonde dreadlocks pretty much caps this off for me. His strings are being pulled.

Still, what would be interesting is matching the audio with other BF vocalizations. His squawks do not seem original. Easy to hoax. And neither is Greg's message which is the same as the psychic sasquatches.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Downvote 1

I am only familiar with the Mireya Mayor controversy. I had to go and check out the rest and holy crap there are some freaks out there aren't there? I spent quite a bit of time laughing. I don't know what to say about all that stuff. I'm not so sure about Mayors research that she's doing. It seems a little Hollywood to me. If she's legit then Hopefully there will be more solid information coming down the pike.

• Downvote 1

SSR Team

The first option, which i voted on, is bordering on absolute lunacy if he was being serious with it and it hasn't been interpreted wrong IE If he meant it as an actual joke ! :lol:

"I saw Sasquatch talking on a cell phone and drinking a pina colada in a Trader Vics today...his hair was perfect." --- quote from xdivision.

"Be careful, he will rip your lungs out Jim" ----- Warren Zevon.

On 5/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Arvedis said:

The photo of the yeti statue with blonde dreadlocks pretty much caps this off for me.

How can the Yeti be so happy when his hair is so nappy?

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

I voted for the UFO conspiracy. A lot of interesting things going on in that field right now.

Despite my poor attempt at humor? Thanks Arvedis for bringing these items to our attention!

6 hours ago, BobbyO said:

The first option, which i voted on, is bordering on absolute lunacy if he was being serious with it and it hasn't been interpreted wrong IE If he meant it as an actual joke ! :lol:

That's what makes this suspiciously curious. Igor would not stage a joke or a hoax. His American handler might but knowing what I know of her, she doesn't have the competence to pull that off. It seems easy to hoax but think of the preparations. Where did those vocals come from? At least as it comes through the tin can of the phone audio to video, I'm not hearing any reverb that hints it is manufactured. Anything created with a mic is going to have some ambient noise and traces of the signal processing.

To me, the the vocals sound reasonable but not original. I can't place where I've heard that style of supposed BF vocals but I know it's out there.

I guess bottom line is someone in Siberia or at least someone who speaks Russian has those vocals queued up on an audio player. I don't have the patience to set up an audio comparison to know how much variance is going on with the vocals or if it is the same clip over and over as a reply to each question the alleged habituator relays from Igor.

Edited by Arvedis

34 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

To me, the the vocals sound reasonable. The problem is the vocals don't seem original. I can't place where I've heard that style of vocals but I know it's out there.

Arvedis

Those vocals sounds from clips from a poster who use to post here. Apparently he had some beef from with someone else who also had a a creature that use to talk to him as well. Until he found out that it was all a hoax and that was the beef that he had with him who was talking to this so called creature. We had a whole thread on it and he had even posted a cows eye or a fish eye claiming that it was from this talking bigfoot.  Anyhow it sounded similar to the creature that Igor is listening too on the cellphone. It is a few threads back and i believe that this poster has been banned from posting. Maybe it is relevant I am not sure. But that voice does sound similar. A voice synthesizer might be the tool they might have used to fool Igor. We just do not know.

3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

That's what makes this suspiciously curious. Igor would not stage a joke or a hoax. His American handlers might but knowing what I know of her, she doesn't have the competence to pull that off. It seems easy to hoax but think of the preparations. Where did those vocals come from? At least as it comes through the tin can of the phone audio to video, I'm not hearing any reverb that hints it is manufactured. Anything created with a mic is going to have some ambient noise and traces of the signal processing.

To me, the the vocals sound reasonable. The problem is the vocals don't seem original. I can't place where I've heard that style of vocals but I know it's out there.

I guess bottom line is someone in Siberia or at least someone who speaks Russian has those vocals queued up on an audio player. I don't have the patience to set up an audio comparison to know how much variance is going on with the vocals or if it is the same clip over and over as a reply to each question the alleged habituator relays from Igor.

^ Sasquatch Ontario...

While I am 99.9% convinced it's all a hoax, I'm 75% certain that Igor is not in on it. I think he's being played. Robin is a friend of mine and say what you will (politely) about her claims, she is not a part of this...

Since I was there and caught some back story I'll share a little. It's absolutely remarkable!

Alexi, when he was a small mouse, came across a lion who was in pain because he had a sliver in his foot... of sorry  that's a different fable.

Alexi, when a young man at age 14, came across Greg caught in a bear trap. Alexi released Greg and they've been friends since then. Now Greg talks on the phone whenever asked to.... (Want to impress me? Lets see a Zoom Call instead)

Remember the Russian video of an Almas chasing young kids in a car? Mind you it may have been lost in translation, but I think Alexi was in that car. Strange that he'd be so scared when he is friends with Greg. For certain, the girl that Alexi is MARRIED to was in that car. Amazing how such a tight knit group of Russians have these remarkable experiences to share.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Redbone said:

^ Sasquatch Ontario...

While I am 99.9% convinced it's all a hoax, I'm 75% certain that Igor is not in on it. I think he's being played. Robin is a friend of mine and say what you will (politely) about her claims, she is not a part of this...

Since I was there and caught some back story I'll share a little. It's absolutely remarkable!

Alexi, when he was a small mouse, came across a lion who was in pain because he had a sliver in his foot... of sorry  that's a different fable.

Alexi, when a young man at age 14, came across Greg caught in a bear trap. Alexi released Greg and they've been friends since then. Now Greg talks on the phone whenever asked to.... (Want to impress me? Lets see a Zoom Call instead)

Remember the Russian video of an Almas chasing young kids in a car? Mind you it may have been lost in translation, but I think Alexi was in that car. Strange that he'd be so scared when he is friends with Greg. For certain, the girl that Alexi is MARRIED to was in that car. Amazing how such a tight knit group of Russians have these remarkable experiences to share.

The Sasquatch Ontario hoax was a BF using english words like miiiiiiiike, brrrrootherrrr and various noises & grunts. Greg's voice is harsh, like barking, not saying anything. I'm sure I've heard it somewhere else. It's not a bad job if someone is going to hoax from the unreachable land of Bashkortostan.

That is an interesting and borderline believable video of the car chase. Looks like Bashkortostan has pretty good activity: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/11/siberian-yeti-caught-on-camera-may-be-shape-shifting-shurale

also found Igor's take on BF vocals. Wait for it....

Edited by Arvedis