New squatch-mobile inbound!

NorthWind

25,000 lb? Are you sure? It says 12,000 right on it. You must be a fisherman, too. :D

But you know what's funny? It looks just like the one I have sitting in my living room at the moment!  :)  Great minds, Norse!

20220109_090344.thumb.jpg.465e0835b3a042545f364acce039ac2d.jpg

Along with a jump-starter, power bank / tire inflator combo I picked up. I have to get the new front bumper installed first though.

And I DO know why it's good for solo - I remember your story quite well and was wondering why you didn't have a winch already. The HiLift jack I got as suggested by @gigantor would also do the trick, just takes longer. Also got a HiLift base and a LiftMate. But I need a secure and DRY place to store my things which is why I opted for the DiamondBack HD cover. 

Those things are just scratching the surface. I'll keep you all posted as I install.

4 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

25,000 lb? Are you sure? It says 12,000 right on it. You must be a fisherman, too. :D

But you know what's funny? It looks just like the one I have sitting in my living room at the moment!  :)  Great minds, Norse!

20220109_090344.thumb.jpg.465e0835b3a042545f364acce039ac2d.jpg

Along with a jump-starter, power bank / tire inflator combo I picked up. I have to get the new front bumper installed first though.

And I DO know why it's good for solo - I remember your story quite well and was wondering why you didn't have a winch already. The HiLift jack I got as suggested by @gigantor would also do the trick, just takes longer. Also got a HiLift base and a LiftMate. But I need a secure and DRY place to store my things which is why I opted for the DiamondBack HD cover. 

Those things are just scratching the surface. I'll keep you all posted as I install.

I have this winch sitting on my shop floor for the Dodge. Not a fish tale! Promise! 

https://sherpa4x4.com/products/stallion-25000lb-truck-winch?gclid=CjwKCAiArOqOBhBmEiwAsgeLmVfvQPm2GhP-fArCcyk81C9ESmtnclg4RVNQngvSqEPwMbaw1X1I7xoC368QAvD_BwE

The blue Chevy is my wife’s pickup. And we are not going to take that pretty blue bumper off for some ugly winch bumper!

The camper is on the Dodge now anyhow. Hopefully it will be done this spring. The Blazer is my daily driver now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wiiawiwb said:

Several times I've see a particular Gladiator parked in town that has a full-body camo wrap.  It's a head turner and is gorgeous. Almost without exception, everyone who walks by it stops and looks. Not a gawdy-looking wrap that looks like your neighbor did it for $20.  I went through a number of websites to see if I could find the camo pattern but no luck.

I'll take a picture next time I see it. Glad you're feeling better.

Yes, please - I'd love to see it. It sounds gorgeous!  But I won't be doing that, I don't think. I have other plans.

You could leave a business card on it with a note and ask where he or she got it done. And who knows, maybe they have a sasquatch story! I always carry a few sasquatchy business cards with me. They come in handy as heck. And they have saved my bacon before. For instance, Madison and I were looking for prints near some construction equipment that were not being used on a Sunday. Well, the owner came blasting up in his truck to see what we were doing. I was honest, and told him (I could see he was not quite convinced), and I handed him a business card. Then I could see in his eyes that he believed me (but still thought I was crazy!). I call them "crazy credentials". 

Just now, norseman said:

I have this winch sitting on my shop floor for the Dodge. Not a fish tale! Promise! 

https://sherpa4x4.com/products/stallion-25000lb-truck-winch?gclid=CjwKCAiArOqOBhBmEiwAsgeLmVfvQPm2GhP-fArCcyk81C9ESmtnclg4RVNQngvSqEPwMbaw1X1I7xoC368QAvD_BwE

The blue Chevy is my wife’s pickup. And we are not going to take that pretty blue bumper off for some ugly winch bumper!

The camper is on the Dodge now anyhow. Hopefully it will be done this spring. The Blazer is my daily driver now.

That's a pricey peice of gear, but I like it. It looks compact.

And if you spray painted it "pretty blue" she might go for it!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

parked in town that has a full-body camo wrap

Did you view 'CamoSkinz' for an ASAT pattern?

^^^^ It is an unsecure site with deceptive images. They have small wrap kits for weapons and the like in the ASAT pattern. I emailed ASAT. The owner has his vehicle in ASAT of course. Could be a custom job.  I don't need vinyl wrap for my vehicle. I have several ASAT 3D leafy fabric bolts. Enough to make blinds and hide my entire vehicle to make it look like a giant bush. Hiding from the satellites is my goal.

• Upvote 2

ASAT is my favorite camo pattern and the Vanish Pro Leafy 3d suit is what I use to. I've always wanted to wrap a vehicle in it to see if you can pull off a Houdini and make something that large vanish.  ASAT makes a ground blind but I'm surprised they don't offer their pattern in fabric. I suppose it might be competing against yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've had the Gladiator out to the woods a couple of times now, and it seems to drive like a dream! I'm love it so far!

20220115_142339.thumb.jpg.9fd5ed457e236d1a1275e75e8a3ec3de.jpg20220116_135112.thumb.jpg.250ae8f63d3b0cdab26e246433b82000.jpg20220116_144812.thumb.jpg.3f397eda550df437c414e49bdd9ef569.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, @wiiawiwb!  I have more to come, but I just have to find time to do it. Temperature, too. Some of them are dependent on ambient temperature being higher than it is right now. 

47 minutes ago, DrPSH said:

This is awesome, Northwind. Love it. I bet it makes the outbound ventures even more fun! Well done.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words! I don't know about "more fun" - because every outbound venture is fun already - but it does reflect a little of me. IOW, I like it, and that's what matters. Holler at Madison or myself if you're ever up this way (Oregon), and we'll take you along with us!