I'm a sucker for any new Bigfoot show , anyone going to watch the new show on Discovery plus?

Yet another so-called reality show is featuring Alaska in its plotline. The latest, from the streaming service Discovery Plus, is called “Alaskan Killer Bigfoot,” and is set in and around an abandoned Kenai Peninsula ghost town.

According to its promotional materials, “Alaskan Killer Bigfoot” follows four men as they explore Portlock, near the tip of the Kenai Peninsula, and try to “reclaim” the land from the terrifying bigfoot-like beast known as Nantiinaq, which reportedly sent villagers fleeing 70 years ago as it went on a murderous rampage.

I'll pass. Sounds like a sensationalized "reality" show like Mountain Monsters where it's all theatrics and little actual substance. The sort of thing that discredits the subject and makes the study a joke.
I'm overly judgmental on these things, but this would probably make a "good" double feature with any of Todd Standings rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This area is shrouded in mystery. I have read his book. 

Huntster gave me some information about Portlock. 

I am leaning towards human killer,accidents and animals killing their community before abandoning in 1949.

I have watched the first two episodes and it definitely is strictly TV entertainment. I would expect nothing more. 

11 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

I was asked to participate and I declined. I'm going to do a podcast about it soon. I'll try to remember to post it here. The interaction with the producer was...interesting.

The documentaries I saw you on were not of the obviously fiction content like this one. 

I can understand why you would not participate. 

12 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

I was asked to participate and I declined. I'm going to do a podcast about it soon. I'll try to remember to post it here. The interaction with the producer was...interesting.

When I saw this advertised, I wondered why you were not participating and almost messaged you to ask about it.

After watching half of the first episode, I can see why you chose to pass up on it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

Here is an article the local paper did on my book. Abandoned Book Homer News Article.

Here is an article they did about the new show on Discovery + New "reality" show article.

@BeansBaxter78 Thank you for that info. I am really enjoying this show. I really understand what this crew must have gone through on this and am looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes. These creatures are no joke. You have to experience it in order to know what it is all about. Your article on you was great and hope that people read your book. I wish I lived in Alaska but I be one of those that would be lost in the triangle never to be found. 

On 12/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, hiflier said:

Don't forget, our own Beansbaxter78's book Abandoned, which is all about his visit to, and investigation of, the Portlock mystery :)

Bought and paid for. Awaiting delivery by Amazon on 12/21 thanks for the recommendation. Do we have any other authors worth promoting around here?

On 12/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, hiflier said:

Don't forget, our own Beansbaxter78's book Abandoned, which is all about his visit to, and investigation of, the Portlock mystery

'

Just put the book on my Wish List. Excellent recommendation! Thanks, I had no idea. 

Also, I don't watch television, only YouTube. We have netflix and disney plus, but I dont' think we've actually ever watched anything on them. This is a hard maybe. I don't want to pay for another streaming service when I don't watch the two I already pay for. Though I like Alaska. I'd rather buy Beansbaxter's book.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Doodler said:

Do we have any other authors worth promoting around here?

Doodlier

Yes we do. But @hiflieris not going to toot his own horn so I will do it for him. He has his books as well. You should ask or pm him. This show has some surprises coming on it that should not be missed. If you have Discovery Plus please watch the show. If you do not find someone who does and watch it there. But do it within a safe manner due to covid restrictions.   

• Upvote 1

Well I have watched all three so far and I am still fascinated by the beauty and ruggedness of Alaska but this show so far has shown nothing of substance .

They do say midseason they make a discovery that will be startling so I will continue to watch :biggrin:

Edited by 7.62