I'm a sucker for any new Bigfoot show , anyone going to watch the new show on Discovery plus?

3 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Well I have watched all three so far and I am still fascinated by the beauty and ruggedness of Alaska but this show so far has shown nothing of substance .

They do say midseason they make a discovery that will be startling so I will continue to watch :biggrin:

The piped in sound effects are a bit hokey.  It’s also obvious that the reality stars are trying to repeat scripted lines, pretty poorly at that.  

This show is occupying a weird sort of space between something that makes no effort at suggesting that it’s real like Mountain Monsters and something like Expedition Bigfoot.  Ron Morehead is supposed to be on an upcoming episode, for what that’s worth.

21 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The piped in sound effects are a bit hokey.  It’s also obvious that the reality stars are trying to repeat scripted lines, pretty poorly at that.  

This show is occupying a weird sort of space between something that makes no effort at suggesting that it’s real like Mountain Monsters and something like Expedition Bigfoot.  Ron Morehead is supposed to be on an upcoming episode, for what that’s worth.

Sometimes you can see one of them trying to hold back a smile or out right busting out laughing when they are repeating scripted lines.

I didn't know Morehead was appearing on it and do look forward to watching that .

• Upvote 1

Well, I started the first episode and made it 10 minutes before I nearly blinded myself rolling my eyes so far back in my head. I loved the whole phony set-up of "The elders say you can not go into the woods!" (Really? In a Bigfoot show?) So you know...."to get to the truth"...they'll be going into the woods with dramatic music blaring.

Drivel. All of it. I hope we get Legend Meets Science 2 sometime soon.

1 hour ago, CelticKevin said:

.......Drivel. All of it.........

The devolution of such channels as Discovery, The Learning Channel, the History Channel, and others originally created to promote education, science, and learning is a true tragedy. I don't even bother looking at their offerings anymore. It's garbage.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks, but it's a depressing reality. I find it especially sad that many of these junk hoaxes and stupid icebox dramas seem to focus on Alaska. It has been proven that they're attracting the exact folks that we need to get rid of. The only bright spot about it is that most of these people go straight out into the Bush where reality has a very cold and savage reality waiting for them.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

The devolution of such channels as Discovery, The Learning Channel, the History Channel, and others originally created to promote education, science, and learning is a true tragedy. I don't even bother looking at their offerings anymore. It's garbage.

Preaching to the choir here Reverend. I'd love to witness a development meeting in the boardroom about what new series to fund. I think all were hired at the National Enquirer first before getting into t.v.  PBS is my go to now.

1 hour ago, CelticKevin said:

........PBS is my go to now.

I haven't bothered so don't really know, but does all programming there end with the obligatory climate propaganda?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

I haven't bothered so don't really know, but does all programming there end with the obligatory climate propaganda?

Climate propaganda?

On 12/17/2021 at 8:21 PM, hiflier said:

Yeah, there are a couple scattered around ;)

Lol ok spill the beans. It's available where? Amazon? Your own website?

The one reason I have asked that people watch this show. Is not for the entertainment or that they are in Alaska where I would love to live. But the show reveals behavior that surrounds this creature. That is what is important. For those who have never experienced these creatures in the field you are getting a feel for it on your T.V or Computer. That is what these shows are about. It is that experience that one might not ever be able to get. You do not have to like it. But you do get to understand what we might be dealing with.

• Upvote 1

These "shows" never quite replicate the real thing. I've seen bigfoot.

most of these programs do a lot of teasing but in the end, never deliver the goods. I plan to deliver the goods...in time. sure, it won't be some well funded mockumentary..........but I think I'm close to producing unrefutable proof

10 hours ago, Flynn Edwards said:

These "shows" never quite replicate the real thing. I've seen bigfoot.

most of these programs do a lot of teasing but in the end, never deliver the goods. I plan to deliver the goods...in time. sure, it won't be some well funded mockumentary..........but I think I'm close to producing unrefutable proof

Well keeps us posted if you are able to something no has been able to do before :biggrin: