Dr. Melba Ketchum Schedule To Speak About Sasquatch Dna On October 1, 2011

Guest parnassus

1) My plan would have entailed someone probably doing a bit of messing around with the circumstances of the collection of the specimens. Without that I don't think it would be very convincing. That messing around could easily have been done without the knowledge of lab personnel.

2) My ideas apply principally to the NABS part of the study. That doesn't necessarily mean that NABS has done anything intentionally wrong. Any time you start offering money for people to bring in data, you got problems. Incidentally, I think Paulides is gonna make a big announcement at Honobia with or without participation by Ketchum. I wish I had the popcorn concession.

3)I haven't the slightest idea of what is going on with other specimens other than to say that to me the idea of hybrids is akin to "I had Bigfoots Baby". It is preposterous on several levels. Do not expect to hear that. I certainly don't. If you do, well I'll just say it will not gain any credibility and anyone who says it is probably suspect. IMHO.

Any time you start offering money for people to bring in data, you got problems.

I need a citation for that.

Guest parnassus

I need a citation for that.

You mean you don't think it's true that for money, people tend to tell you what you say you will pay for, and that socio economic racial differences might make that problem worse?

Cause that's what I'm saying. If you don't get that I suggest you delve into anthropological, sociological and even historical research methodology at your nearby university library.

Guest HairyGreek

You mean you don't think it's true that for money, people tend to tell you what you say you will pay for, and that socio economic racial differences might make that problem worse?

Cause that's what I'm saying. If you don't get that I suggest you delve into anthropological, sociological and even historical research methodology at your nearby university library.

Wow. That was the all-time greatest question dodge I have EVER seen! Give the man a prize. Is dat vat zey men by za strawman?

Who was offering money for data Parn? Care to elaborate on that? You are dangerousley close to accusing someone of fraud here. You need to get a grip before you delve deep into conspiracy.

And we haven't even seen the paper yet.:o

2 My ideas apply principally to the NABS part of the study. That doesn't necessarily mean that NABS has done anything intentionally wrong. Any time you start offering money for people to bring in data, you got problems. Incidentally, I think Paulides is gonna make a big announcement at Honobia with or without participation by Ketchum. I wish I had the popcorn concession.

I actually think Paulides and Ketchum are on the same page. Erickson looks like that odd man out on the study. And Paulides is billed as a former law enforcement officer, so you would think evidence collection is his organizations strong suit.

BTW - If there's a specimen that includes flesh, hair and bones, doesn't that make your objections/observations moot? Not saying that's what they have. I'm just trying to determine where your tipping point is.

And Paulides is billed as a former law enforcement officer, so you would think evidence collection is his organizations strong suit.

It worked for the Georgia Boys. Oh wait . . . nevermind.

It worked for the Georgia Boys. Oh wait . . . nevermind.

Clever, but my point wasn't to bolster his ability to tell the truth. It was meant to bolster his ability to collect specimens without contamination.

I don't know the man, so I can't and won't make assumptions about his character.

Guest HairyGreek

My argument is that they can't catch a bigfoot to obtain dna from it.Catching the creature is impossible.

I think anybody at any time could go into any thread and make your "point" for you. I'm looking for work if you need an assistant. I have what you say down pat now.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest parnassus

Who was offering money for data Parn? Care to elaborate on that? You are dangerousley close to accusing someone of fraud here. You need to get a grip before you delve deep into conspiracy.

Nope I'm not. You can make up the straw men if you want. I'd suggest you should get a grip. It would not be fraud for a person to go into an economically depressed village or area and offer incentives to those who would come forward with certain kinds of accounts, services or specimens. In fact, that has been done throughout history by dominant cultures. Sometimes it yields valuable material, but it may not. Sometimes you just get baloney. Good anthropologists are very careful about this.

Paulides' background has been brought up (not by me). He does in fact have a history as a law enforcement officer. A member of this board who has a business in Willow Creek looked into that and you might be well advised to do the same or go to his bigfootsblog.

http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Incidentally, don't LEOs often pay their snitches? Or do I watch too many detective shows?

Edited by parnassus

Nope I'm not. You can make up the straw men if you want. I'd suggest you should get a grip. It would not be fraud for a person to go into an economically depressed village or area and offer incentives to those who would come forward with certain kinds of accounts, services or specimens. In fact, that has been done throughout history by dominant cultures. Sometimes it yields valuable material, but it may not. Sometimes you just get baloney. Good anthropologists are very careful about this.

Paulides' background has been brought up (not by me). He does in fact have a history as a law enforcement officer. A member of this board who has a business in Willow Creek looked into that and you might be well advised to do the same or go to his bigfootsblog.

http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Incidentally, don't LEOs often pay their snitches? Or do I watch too many detective shows?

I couldn't find anything specific just alleged charges of an unknown offense, which were dropped. According to the San Jose Police Department he was granted deferred vested retirement benefits for 16.5 years of service.

Maybe you can tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Edited by rwridley

Guest mitchw

On Paulides, I have read the Hoopa Project book. One gets a glimpse into how he conducts himself in an investigation. He went to the area and introduced himself to law enforcement and government agencies involved in the outdoors. Paulides made his presence and intentions open. I think he was making himself into a magnet for the people there who might have had experiences with bigfoot. People he interviewed were asked to sign affidavits supporting their stories. My impression of Paulides, work on the Hoopa Project was that he used his savvy from law enforcement to gather evidence and assess peoples' veracity.(I say I gather these things since I am not a lawman. I don't even watch cop shows, unless you count reruns of Columbo)

Guest parnassus

I couldn't find anything specific just alleged charges of an unknown offense, which were dropped. According to the San Jose Police Department he was granted deferred vested retirement benefits for 16.5 years of service.

Maybe you can tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for.

I made my suggestion.