Sasquatch names

Madison5716

I pretty much use Sasquatch nowadays.  Like you, I find Bigfoot silly.

They call them woods boogers or haints in rural areas western North Carolina. Devils in the upstate rural areas of South Carolina.  

That’s just in the more rural areas… and mostly by older residents.  ‘Bigfoot’ is pretty much prevalent everywhere now.  

I don't like the Bigfoot name either. Reminds me of a monster truck .

I prefer Sasquatch. Being from Florida ,Skunk Ape is the mostly widely used. 

Grandpa,  who was a logger, called them "hairy boogers". One of his buddies called them "pine monkeys".

I don't have a problem with Bigfoot. Generally I will use that or Squatch. Just whatever gets the point across. 

• Upvote 1

I use Sasquatch or Forest People.  I don't like Bigfoot, it's a ridiculous name.  I believe in my state Mo-Mo (?) was used.  I know Six Flags had a spinning octopus ride called MoMo. 

47 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Sasquatch, Bigfoot, the Creature, Big Guy.

I find myself calling them ‘things’ or ‘creatures’ more often than not.

To not offend my buddy Thomas, and living just 20 miles from where the term originated, I use "Sasquatch" all the time, not "Squatch", or Thomas would smack me upside the head. ;-)

17 hours ago, BC witness said:

To not offend my buddy Thomas, and living just 20 miles from where the term originated, I use "Sasquatch" all the time, not "Squatch", or Thomas would smack me upside the head. ;-)

The one I see on Reddit all the time that I LOATHE is "Samsquanch" - I almost couldn't even type it.