Freeman Footage. Thoughts?

BFSighting

I am amazed people even consider this. No wonder this subject is not taken serious by most. 

Most believers that I know and or related to even think this film is a over weight dude in a suit. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am amazed people even consider this. No wonder this subject is not taken serious by most. 

Most believers that I know and or related to even think this film is a over weight dude in a suit. 

The same can be said for the PGF…. most people think it’s an over weight dude in a suit.

My personal take, after watching interviews with Freeman and taking into consideration his history, how when he fell from the lime light forced himself back into it . I think that this film is genuine, simply because (no disrespect to the dead here) I dont think he had the mental capacity to pull off this kind of thing as successful as it was. Now, there is the probability of a hoax being played on freeman, but if it was i dont think he was in on the hoax.

14 hours ago, tieppol said:

Really too blurry to tell. 

To me, when they are blurry, my first thought is that it was done purposely to hide a suit.   Admittedly with this subject I start off on the skeptical side.   Too many past hoaxes to take anything for what it’s purported as.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

To me, when they are blurry, my first thought is that it was done purposely to hide a suit.   Admittedly with this subject I start off on the skeptical side.   Too many past hoaxes to take anything for what it’s purported as.

I think it’s a sign of the times. Early camcorder’s were junk in image quality. My family’s archive has much better films in 8mm from the 60’s and 70’s than the pixelated crud from the 90’s

On 3/8/2022 at 9:36 PM, norseman said:

The same can be said for the PGF…. most people think it’s an over weight dude in a suit.

No doubt. I was referring to believers in the creatures that I know personally. None of them, Not one think the crappy Freeman footage is legit. 

Same category as the memorial day footage where the hoaxer takes off the mask .

7 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

No doubt. I was referring to believers in the creatures that I know personally. None of them, Not one think the crappy Freeman footage is legit. 

Same category as the memorial day footage where the hoaxer takes off the mask .

And yet Meldrum was flipped (skeptic to proponent) on a trackway in the same area that Freeman showed him? Which does not jive with Freeman being a hoaxer.

The Memorial Day footage? It was assumed that there was an infant on its back. I’ve never heard proponents say anything about a mask.

Skeptics? Say everything has a mask of course.

9 minutes ago, norseman said:

And yet Meldrum was flipped (skeptic to proponent) on a trackway in the same area that Freeman showed him? Which does not jive with Freeman being a hoaxer.

The Memorial Day footage? It was assumed that there was an infant on its back. I’ve never heard proponents say anything about a mask.

Skeptics? Say everything has a mask of course.

Not the first hoax Meldrum has been fooled by. A film crew fooled him with the snow walker video.

Proponents not skeptics told me about the mask removal. 

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I think it’s a sign of the times. Early camcorder’s were junk in image quality. My family’s archive has much better films in 8mm from the 60’s and 70’s than the pixelated crud from the 90’s

Agreed however it is a tactic I feel is utilized by hoaxers.  Some may be intentional, some may be a product of the times/equipment.  

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Not the first hoax Meldrum has been fooled by. A film crew fooled him with the snow walker video.

Proponents not skeptics told me about the mask removal. 

I was referring to the trackway. Not the film. Meldrum is a expert in early human trackways. Film? Not so much. 

I believe you. It’s just not been my experience.

The "blur" factor could be because the auto-focus just latches on to whatever. I used to get real frustrated with the ol' camcorder as I'd be tracking my kids and suddenly they were a blur but a tree branch was clear. 

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Agreed however it is a tactic I feel is utilized by hoaxers.  Some may be intentional, some may be a product of the times/equipment.  

Blair witch project. I get it. But the Freeman film isn’t jumpy. It’s just pixelated.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I was referring to the trackway. Not the film. Meldrum is a expert in early human trackways. Film? Not so much. 

I believe you. It’s just not been my experience.

Understood. The trackway was impressive, but allegedly debunked by a professional tracker.