Your favorite Sasquatch movie?

SasquatchPA

On 3/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, SasquatchPA said:

What is your favorite movie with Sasquatch and why?

Mine is Sasquatch the legend of Bigfoot from 1976. I always enjoyed the scenery in this movie. I also enjoy the pace of the film. I remember watching this as a kid and that probably has a lot to do with it as well.

A close second for me is the Legend of Boggy Creek. The new remastered 4k version is amazing to watch. 

I personally never enjoy watching the slasher type films with Sasquatch.

No fan of the slasher-type films myself.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:09 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Big Legend is pretty good.

Willow Creek wasn’t bad either.

Yes, two good choices.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, norseman said:

I enjoyed that one as well.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Don't really care for Sasquatch movies. 

Prefer documentaries. 

Favorite :When legend meets science. 

Great documentary!

I assumed he meant movies and not documentaries.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:07 PM, Foxhill said:

Harry and The Hendersons

How can one NOT mention this movie in a list of favorites!?!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Annie Nore said:

How can one NOT mention this movie in a list of favorites!?!

Easy for me.

I'm not a fan of kid movies. I tried watching it and was put off. But hey...I'm glad so many others enjoyed and if it sparked interest in the subject, so much the better.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, CelticKevin said:

Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot was my face as a kid. I still watch it from time to time.

It really is a great movie. 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Big Legend is pretty good.

Willow Creek wasn’t bad either.

I will have to watch Willow Creek. I have seen Big Legend.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, Foxhill said:

Harry and The Hendersons

It is a fun movie. We tend to watch it as a family when we are at camp.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:41 PM, norseman said:

My great great grandfather was the first mayor of Index, Wa. That’s where they take him at the end of the movie. The town is named after Mt. Index. 

6058D30C-C897-4D21-935F-E3DB9AF335EE.jpeg

That's very cool! 

• Thanks 1

On a side note, The Legend of Boggy Creek scared the crap out of us as kids when the arm came through the window.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

On a side note, The Legend of Boggy Creek scared the crap out of us as kids when the arm came through the window.

So true.  I legit could NOT use the bathroom at my Grandparents house for years after seeing that because there was a window there and they lived out in the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/12/2022 at 10:56 PM, CelticKevin said:

Exactly! That stuck with me for a while as a kid!

Letters From the Big Man is not too shabby. The BF is portrayed as it is often experienced in actual reported events (albeit a very short version of BF), low key observing, nothing slashy.

3 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Exactly! That stuck with me for a while as a kid!

Letters From the Big Man is not too shabby. The BF is portrayed as it is often experienced in actual reported events (albeit a very short version of BF), low key observing, nothing slashy.

I Liked Letters  From the Big Man. I thought the videography was pretty good. 

On 3/12/2022 at 10:56 PM, CelticKevin said:

I jumped at that myself when I first saw that movie! 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, SasquatchPA said:

What is your favorite movie with Sasquatch and why?

Mine is Sasquatch the legend of Bigfoot from 1976. I always enjoyed the scenery in this movie. I also enjoy the pace of the film. I remember watching this as a kid and that probably has a lot to do with it as well.

A close second for me is the Legend of Boggy Creek. The new remastered 4k version is amazing to watch. 

I personally never enjoy watching the slasher type films with Sasquatch.

"The Legend of Boggy Creek" will always be my favorite...

But I also love "Something in the Woods" which seems to be based on the classic encounter story of The Cowman of Copalis Beach

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hoekler73 said:

"The Legend of Boggy Creek" will always be my favorite...

But I also love "Something in the Woods" which seems to be based on the classic encounter story of The Cowman of Copalis Beach

I watched something in the woods about a month ago it in my opinion is way above the average Sasquatch movie. I believe you are correct on what it was based on.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, norseman said:

Watched this movie tonight.

It's slow. Acting is not great. Dialogue not great. But once it gets going the fun starts. Interesting cameos by two fairly well known actors.

12 years as an Amy Ranger, and when he goes back into the woods, he does some truly stupid stuff.

When he's in his car? And doesn't look 360 as soon as he's woken up with his revolver in high ready? Come on.

Bolt action rifle and he takes a few shots like an automatic?

I'm not Cinema Sins or anything, just stuff like that yanks me out of the story and tells me the director has zero clue how to camp and hunt, or how to get advice on it,.let alone what an Army Ranger would do. At least ask at the local VFW for some consulting. I have no military experience, but I have some camping and hunting experience, basic first aid and basic first responder stuff from CERT training, and I'm "capable". But an Army Ranger is Capable. If you know what I mean. I found it hard to believe that the main character would not immediately engage in one scene, or immediately disengage in another things like that just seem out of character.

That said, all my negative Nancy review and i still enjoyed it for what it was. I enjoyed the beast's performance and costuming, what they did with their budget was amazing, how they built suspense and delivered on it with the limited script and cast left me waiting for the sequel despite my complaints.

My favorite movie is :  The Untold Untold (2002) - IMDb