Your favorite Sasquatch movie?

SasquatchPA

After seeing the Legend Of Boggy Creek, I never watched another movie about sasquatch and I watched only maybe three documentaries simply because I was afraid it would make my experiences in the woods less enjoyable. I did see Harry And The Hendersons because I was told it was not a creepy scary movie. Now in later life, I just don't find them interesting.

I even try to stay away from this site when hunting season is coming up and during hunting season, because I don't want sasquatch on my mind. I watch hunting videos instead and frequent hunting forums.

• Haha 1

I've always been kinda partial to the Patterson-Gimlin movie, having seen it in the theater as a kid. That really drove it home for me. Saw Legend of Boggy Creek in the theater when it came out, as a kid, and yeah, the ambience of the movie drew me in and that arm through the bathroom window just about killed me! Didn't help that I slept in a top bunk right below a window in a back bedroom of a house one house away from the brush of the San Gabriel foothills, where coyotes(I think...my big sister told me they were wolves) were in the area, it not the backyard, near nightly.. When the dude goes out the front door and gets jumped was something too. Gotta  see that again soon 

I like watching "scary bigfoot " movies because it's usually funny how they try to make it so. However, Exists pulled it off way better than I ever expected. The cabin assault was quite good and when it's running parallel to the guy on the bike, all effective scary bigfoot. 

There was one movie a while back that showed more of a native American take on it, maybe. One shot showed a Bigfoot walking amongst teepees I recall from the trailer. Never Saw it but I wanted to. Looked pretty good and I think had more than just one bigfoot. Anyone know what movie that was?

• 4 months later...

I remember the BBC showing 'Boggy Creek' fairly often when I was kid in the late 70's or Early 80's. I also remember ITV showing 'Snowbeast' prime time Saturday night around the same time. Absolutely hooked on the subject since.

2 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Any reports on this?:

1303914708_ScreenShot2022-12-18at7_58_17PM.thumb.png.f80a79a817318dac95693c0eea65625a.png

Not really about Bigfoot at all, but still fairly interesting, if anticlimactic.  It's about the some dudes who worked at a pot-growing site somewhere in Northern California and were murdered.  There was a rumor spread that "Bigfoot" did it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, entropy said:

Not really about Bigfoot at all, but still fairly interesting, if anticlimactic.  It's about the some dudes who worked at a pot-growing site somewhere in Northern California and were murdered.  There was a rumor spread that "Bigfoot" did it.

Thanks for that!

The Legend Of Boggy Creek is my favorite so far. Harry was a childhood favorite back in the day as well and I've been itching to see Willow Creek. 

Anyone see "Man vs. Bigfoot? The director is a Texan by the name of David Ford. He also was the main actor in the movie. Bob Gimlin did a nice cameo appearance as a pick up driver who stopped to give a ride to one of the characters he saw coming out of the woods one night. Overall, I liked the story which David Ford funded on his own with the help of family, friends, and other small investors. He gets high marks for actually finishing the project and getting it out there.

Edited by hiflier

image.png.f18da1dc477ea4aa4b1aca95947f9a56.png

pretty interesting look at certain facets of the search for unknown primates.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

I just saw a revamped version of Boggy Creek, but the only shot of the creature sticking it's arm through the bathroom window was from outside. But I'd swear as a kid I saw a shot from like the interior bathroom door that showed the creatures arm coming through the window and feeling around on the wall. I'm sure of it! Why would they edit out one of the most memorable images of the movie?

Not a movie, but the 2 part episode of The Six Million Dollar Man where he encounters Bigfoot...which turns out is an android

protecting some groovy space people. Bigfoot was played by Andre the Giant.

• Upvote 1