Bigfoot & Beyond episode 149...

CelticKevin

Do yourself a favor and listen to this episode 149 titled Michael's Mysterious Neighbors. In my opinion, it's a fascinating insight into Sasquatch behaviors when "sharing" space with humans. The fellow being interviewed is in Washington (perhaps some on here may know the fellow or the area) and had help from the Olympic Project. The takeaways for me... without giving it all away...

These creatures are quite clever. They know where to step, where to watch, and are good at probing boundaries. In fact, I now wonder if between the "house slapping", the rock throwing, and the always watching outside the light...these creatures aren't practicing psy-ops to scare people off or keep humans inhabiting their space in check. I think some of that behavior may be out of curiosity...say a hunter or hiker in the woods...but here? 

Micheal...the home owner...and his family are very nervous there. They tend not to go outside at night. He has a system of security lights and motion sensors and they find "chinks in the armor" and get through. If I recall right, he arms himself when he's outside. No one has been harmed by them there. But it is in an area where Native stories tell of people being eaten by these creatures. 

And I'll hand it to Cliff. He said straight out, these creatures ARE NOT your forest friends. They are wild animals and capable of anything. Even more so as they are more  "human like" than say orangutans. Its NOT Harry and the Hendersons. I think we tend to "Disneyfy" animals anyway. And many would like to see them as Chewbacca instead of a possibly dangerous being.

Honestly, listening to this episode gave me the heebie jeebies. As much as I'd love to see one, I dont know if I'd be willing to stay in a home surrounded by a few who seem very territorial.

I'd be very curious to hear other's impressions.

https://www.bigfootandbeyondpodcast.com/listen

• Upvote 1

I listened to part of it again. It still makes me wonder what I'd do if my home was being visited fairly regularly by the beasties.

I listened to the episode and did not hear any mention of placements of game cameras or night vision video cameras posted around the property.

He did mention placing motion detection lights.

Wonder how can these creatures hang around the property for 10 years and the owners not be able to take a single photograph or video.  Or maybe they did and are keeping quiet?

Why not flood the area with game cameras?

If he is scared and wants to protect his family, then pushing the sasquatches  away with game cameras has worked in other places (according to Thom Powell's books).

7 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

......It still makes me wonder what I'd do if my home was being visited fairly regularly by the beasties.

I'd kill them.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'd kill them.

Yeah...shoot one and then have a sequel to the Ape Canyon incident.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CelticKevin said:

Yeah...shoot one and then have a sequel to the Ape Canyon incident.

There are no rocks around here. Just birch, spruce, and aspen trees. And neighbors with guns.

Going to listen to it tonight. As to the question if they were coming around my home for 10 years and they were nonthreating I think it would be pretty cool. I for sure would have photographs of them during all that time. As long as they leave my dogs alone I would have a peaceful relationship with them.

I sent an email to Cliff Barackman asking a few clarification questions on Episode 149.

He gracefully and promptly replied. Below are his answers, FYI.

(Q1) What experience Michael had with placing game cameras or night vision video cameras around his property?

(A1) We have tried several methods, including motion-sensor thermal imagers.  No luck so far.  There was one photo obtained by the Olympic Project that some say showed a face, but I think it's a case of pareidolia.  

(Q2) Was he able to get a single photo of these creatures on his property after 10 years of visitations?

(A2) No.

I've heard it said (maybe by Cliff) that the best way to keep the BF away is to put out lots of cameras, LOL!

15 hours ago, Explorer said:

I sent an email to Cliff Barackman asking a few clarification questions on Episode 149.

He gracefully and promptly replied. Below are his answers, FYI.

(Q1) What experience Michael had with placing game cameras or night vision video cameras around his property?

(A1) We have tried several methods, including motion-sensor thermal imagers.  No luck so far.  There was one photo obtained by the Olympic Project that some say showed a face, but I think it's a case of pareidolia.  

(Q2) Was he able to get a single photo of these creatures on his property after 10 years of visitations?

(A2) No.

I just don't get how that's possible . I understand trail cams in the forest but visits for 10 years that include knocking on the side of your home.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I just don't get how that's possible . I understand trail cams in the forest but visits for 10 years that include knocking on the side of your home.

I'd step out onto the porch and start shooting wildly just out of pure frustration. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'd step out onto the porch and start shooting wildly just out of pure frustration. 

I have nets and traps set all over my property .  :D