Sylvanic Episode Of "finding Bigfoot"

I spent a lot of years going over the area of Alberta where this Sylvanic valley or whatever it is is said to be. There is no such place by that name. If somebody has a google map of it please post it, for I sure like to know how I missed it during my 22 years there?

Thomas Steenburg

Thomas, dont know if you were lucky enough (or unlucky depending on how you view it) to have read some of the more fantastical accounts of how to get to "Sylvanic". From what I remember it involved hours of arduous hiking though the most rugged of mountain settings, and also at a certain point there was a 2' x 2' "hole"(that was only visible if you look at one way) that went through/under a mountain... and voila! your there !!!

Forgot to mention the "hole" changed a couple times from 2'x2', to 4'x 4', and back... (among other "details" that seemed to change as well.

For you (and anyone else interested), BFF staff member (Admin) Steve Kulls (Squatchdetective.com) did an excellent expose on the entire "Sylvanic" episode.

It can be found here:

http://squatchdetective.com/sylvanic.htm

Art

Guest Biggie

B) Lower jaw is too small; should be much broader. At least the lips form a straight line, as they should; but the lip line should be much wider. Some guy in makeup, okay for the movies, I suppose.

- Dudlow

Agreed. Eyes should be larger also.

Jodie I bet someone(or something) will steal it. ;)

I'm more intrigued by the third paragraph here than any of his claimed sasquatch footage!

I mean, if you have to rub yourself for hours, maybe you should consider some sensitizing fluids. Just sayin...

Edited by Bonehead74

Thomas, dont know if you were lucky enough (or unlucky depending on how you view it) to have read some of the more fantastical accounts of how to get to "Sylvanic". From what I remember it involved hours of arduous hiking though the most rugged of mountain settings, and also at a certain point there was a 2' x 2' "hole"(that was only visible if you look at one way) that went through/under a mountain... and voila! your there !!!

Forgot to mention the "hole" changed a couple times from 2'x2', to 4'x 4', and back... (among other "details" that seemed to change as well.

For you (and anyone else interested), BFF staff member (Admin) Steve Kulls (Squatchdetective.com) did an excellent expose on the entire "Sylvanic" episode.

It can be found here:

http://squatchdetective.com/sylvanic.htm

Art

Thank you for that reference Art. Steve did do a good job with that.

Thomas Steenburg

I've done more research on this guy's claims then most over the years. Craig Woolheater also pulled together quite a bit. Its unfortunate to know that Erickson was likely not following Standing's claims in the early days to recognize for himself all the things that were made up that did not add up. Standing's 2' X 2' hole into Sylvanic wasn't something that could EVER add up from a geologic manner. If Erickson is an outdoorsman, which I have no doubt of, then he knows just how silly such a claim really was. It was said to be more then just a hole thru a wall, it was stated by Standing as a "hole through a mountain chain". He didn't say cave or tunnel, he said hole. "Through a Mountain Chain" which would realistically mean something of a half mile or so.

Below is the entrance to said hole that he once posted on the Unexplained Mysteries site back in 2004 where the early fable was being concocted. As you can see, the photo is still entitled 'Sylvanic Entrance' on Standing's MySpace page. I've included a ScreenCapture of it just in case it disappears soon. REALLY, this was seriously claimed by Standing as the entrance through a mountain chain. MySpaceLink

post-120-089795300 1314285479_thumb.jpg

Imagine crawling through something the size of that entrance all the way thru a mountain. lol Man that would be one of the great geologic wonders of the earth. This hole was a serious and significant part of Standing's claim. Then there was also the river that flowed thru the hidden valley. Well, a river has to flow from and to somewhere. So why would a hole be required when all you'd need to do is follow the river? Hmmm.. And then there is the botanist who found never before seen plants in this magical place. What ever happened to that? Hmmm... One would take it to be the 'Land Of The Lost' and you wondered when dinosaurs would be claimed next..

There is a lot of stuff that Erickson doesn't know from where he sits. Unfortunately the Finding Bigfoot crew is likely just as unaware of all this stuff and will only pick up this late stuff rehashed and not be able to engage in serious critique as a result. I imagine it was Erickson who prompted the show to include Sylvanic as an ep. I very much doubt Erickson was following Standing when he was making his original claims of Sylvanic such as it taking days to get there by snowmobile, and that you wouldn't see the entrance if there was snow. He wouldn't know about the original video that was narrated by Standing's then much younger sister who was one of the original EXPEDITION MEMBERS to that forbidden far off land that took days to reach and who was in the original film in her cute white hat. Standing REALLY should share that video with Adrian Erickson! He wouldn't know about how Standing claimed the better footage he took using 16 mm film camera they supposedly rented was ruined by magnetic fields in that strange land. (Never mind that magnetism has no effect on film.) Instead all they had was a 3 megapixel camera. Funny both from someone that has developed so much video experience. Many know of Standing's original position that Sylvanic was named by the Native people of the area, at least until it was pointed out that the term just happens to be Latin. Standing obviously didn't know that, when he likely first took the name from the area Sylvan Lake. I imagine he first assumed there must have been a deeper historic native meaning, but its latin origination for forest unfortunately caused his Native claim to come to a screeching halt.

Oh and don't forget his use of shill posts to boost Sylvanic claims on GhostTheory, AlbertaSasquatch, and here coming from the same IP Address. Seriously busted! What serious scientific endeavor has to stoop to that kind of method?

Standing is very creative person. I suspect certain people don't realize just how creative he is.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest HairyGreek

The BFRO won't allow discussions on their website about Sylvanic and the mods are constantly ripping anyone trying. I think everyone over there are pretty well aware he is a hoaxer. I think MM wants to go and shred this guy. JMO.

The BFRO won't allow discussions on their website about Sylvanic and the mods are constantly ripping anyone trying. I think everyone over there are pretty well aware he is a hoaxer. I think MM wants to go and shred this guy. JMO.

That would be hilarious - and probably great TV to boot - if MM and crew outed a hoaxer like Standing on national TV!

Oddly enough, it might also give them a little more credibility with those in the doubting crowd.

Guest HairyGreek

That would be hilarious - and probably great TV to boot - if MM and crew outed a hoaxer like Standing on national TV!

Oddly enough, it might also give them a little more credibility with those in the doubting crowd.

I think MM can act rather...hmmm. I will leave it at that. But a lot if the BFRO has good intentions as do the researchers on the show. I think they are all very embarrassed at the showing they gave on that show and let the producers do a lot of things they shouldn't. They have promised to fix this problem for the second season and I will give them a chance. I see them really helping by putting people like Standing on the...well, stand; as well as investigating some sighting locations and trying to gain more evidence in a more scientific way. Hope springs eternal here at HairyGreek's residence. We will see if this is the case.

I agree, I think outing Standing would be showing the public that the Bigfoot World cleans out these guys whom try to hoax everybody. They need to do a show on Biscardi. The Master Hoaxer. However these can back firer as well, by making them look like folks whom are out to prove to be the only "The Real Deal" if I can use someones moto. Also by giving Standing a national audience if they "BFRO" do not expose him, can create even more false flags of real evidence/findings. MHO. I guess we'll see what happens.

i agree with slab. it would be funny (& extremely cool, imo) to see a known hoaxer busted on the air for all to see.

& it would help, imo, to lend public credibility to BF research as a whole , not just the MM crew.

might just show the world that someone is taking BF a little more seriously than the" tounge in cheek/ saturday night live skit "its usually presented as .

Guest Biggie

Yes they should do this, and when he mouths off to MM about it then Bobo can throw him down the stairs instead of himself this time.

Many of you seem to be forgetting that Erickson for some reason believes Standing. I truly suspect that Erickson hasn't really had the benefit of knowing about the preposterous nature of Standing's early claims and may not want to do so because of the inconvenient findings it may present. Besides, is easier to believe a fellow Canadian. It is equally doubtful that MM would go very far against AE's position on how Standing is viewed. I sense kid gloves will be worn in that ep so as to not rock the boat being MM endorsed the AE project. Politics are politics.

This whole thing does not make any sense to me.

1. Standing knows that the BFRO considers him to be a hoaxer. Why would he put himself in a situation where he would be made a fool on national television?

Answer: He wouldn't

2. As has already been mentioned, MM & the BFRO have, historically, forbidden any mention of Standing on their website. Finding Bigfoot is about finding Bigfoot and not finding hoaxers. Viewers want to see video of Bigfoot and not video of people hoaxing Bigfoot. Why would the BFRO go visit Standing to produce an episode of Finding Bigfoot if all they're going to see is a guy in a monkey suit?

Answer: They wouldn't

3. Adrien Erickson has spent millions of dollars and 5 years producing a break through Bigfoot documentary. He has put into place professionals with impeccable references and has gone to extreme efforts to ensure the highest level of credibility for his video release, in conjunction with Ketchum's DNA evidence. AE was an investigator for the BFRO and has made millions as a real estate developer. Certainly he or his people keep an eye on Bigfoot news and anything or anybody linked to his project. Why would he risk associating himself with Todd Standing, if he was really a hoaxer?

Answer: He wouldn't

Something does not make sense here and it's not that Adrien Erickson is too stupid to follow Bigfoot news or that Matt Moneymaker thinks that he can boost ratings by exposing hoaxers on his highly rated TV show.

I'm starting to think that they know something we don't.

Edited by Cisco