Just now, langfordbc said:

Really enjoyed it... until the end.

Screenshot (4).png

shutterstock_480942370-1 (1).jpg

Ran out of money!

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, langfordbc said:

Really enjoyed it... until the end.

Yea! I really enjoyed it as well until the end. But I just did not want to criticize the documentary. I felt like the end had something to with the lady's Dad. I believe that it was ten years that this guy had his joyous view of a Sasquatch in the open in Alaska. That when he had his sighting he had a cancerous brain tumor and he was terminal. But when they removed is tumor he lived well past the time of his death.  I think that she needed to get this picture for him. For her love of her Dad. So if she faked it . It might have been out of love. So that she could see that joy in her father of seeing this creature again.

But as the documentary kept with it witnesses. We will not or ever forget our first encounter. Majestic Beauty. Remember being called a romantic once. For voicing out the beauty and grace fullness these creatures leave you with. When they are not violent or throwing rocks at you. :D 

I have met the film makers and have been squatching with them. I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with them.

They put out a statement... I have not watched the unedited video, but I think she was hoaxed... That picture is a suit.

image.png.d469cf62a3ae138207e8033c678f75d2.png

• Thanks 2

Sad , Rack up another one .  I havent seen this Doc yet  but suspected from seeing the cast of people that it would be more of the same . 

I sound like a jerk, but at this point ANYTHING bigfoot that has Dr Meldrum is immediately Suspect to me .  Call me Jaded but he's in the "Finding/Killing Bigfoot" circle of complete nonsense. 

I was really enjoying it, until the last segment with the Utah/Alaska family. That entire part felt too long, and then to see the obvious (IMO) hoax? I think the ex staged it. And if I were one of the other persons who shared their experience I'd be upset, because I believe that last segment will make many question the entire film. 

I think that the rest of the documentary was excellent, and it was an emotional experience to watch. Very moving stories, and genuine people sharing them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redbone said:

I have met the film makers and have been squatching with them. I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with them.

They put out a statement... I have not watched the unedited video, but I think she was hoaxed... That picture is a suit.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, I suppose. Her account was pretty compelling until you see the photos. All-in-all it was still good, it just ended on a disappointing note.

My wife and I just finished watching it.  I had seen the trailer here earlier this morning but did not read the entire thread.  When we got to the end of the movie and saw the obvious hoax...smh...why!?  It was a really good doc/movie up until the end, it made my wife mad when she saw the costume.  She said "Makes you question if everything else that was told is fake too."

• Upvote 2

I was finally able to watch it!! I agree, that image at the end just ughh!😫 But a great film otherwise! I was shocked the film makers used that footage to be honest.. 

23 hours ago, langfordbc said:

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, I suppose. Her account was pretty compelling until you see the photos. All-in-all it was still good, it just ended on a disappointing note.

I also haven’t read the articles or info myself yet, but there was some discussion on Dr. Meldrum’s Facebook about it and from what it seems, it was a hoax, but the woman telling the encounter story wasn’t the hoaxer?  

On 6/11/2022 at 9:55 AM, Redbone said:

Well, it was a judgement call by the filmmakers and it completely ruins a fairly decent film.

Looks like they couldn't resist the money shot. And yeah, I think Rachel was telling the truth as she witnessed it. After all, her father had been harping on the idea of BF for years. Not a leap for her to be fooled.  The guy you want to see pinned-down on this tale is the pilot, her Ex, as he obviously is the guy who had to put the plane over the subject and sell it when he did. It does sound like a lot of work for the return of a small pay-off, but not as implausible as she makes it sound. As to her father, I have little doubt he had a genuine sighting.      

• Upvote 1

I rewatched it again as really, there is a good professional documentary here. The witnesses all seem to be genuine and honest folk. Yes, a few familiar faces but all in all, it's well photographed and produced and "honest" in that it seems less sensational than a few docs I've seen on the streams. The last segment still grinds me and I really think the filmmakers should've either cut that whole segment, put in a disclaimer, or just had the father tell his story and leave it. 

And a quick note about Dr. Meldrum: I really don't have a problem with him being the go to Squatch guy. I remember Krantz getting the same criticisms. Meldrum has done solid research and is putting his career on the line for the cause (like Krantz). To be a professor who studies Bigfoot publicly puts you at risk for ridicule and loss of advancement. So hey, if documentary film makers and tv folk want to get you on camera to lend credibility and have an actual doctor offer opinion and pay you for it...better grab that coin. Anyone else would as well. and besides, the more conventions and show biz gigs you do, the more money you can put into research. So maybe it is, as the saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt"?

On 6/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, Maxwell Tarpley said:

I sound like a jerk, but at this point ANYTHING bigfoot that has Dr Meldrum is immediately Suspect to me .  Call me Jaded but he's in the "Finding/Killing Bigfoot" circle of complete nonsense. 

16 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

I rewatched it again as really, there is a good professional documentary here. The witnesses all seem to be genuine and honest folk. Yes, a few familiar faces but all in all, it's well photographed and produced and "honest" in that it seems less sensational than a few docs I've seen on the streams. The last segment still grinds me and I really think the filmmakers should've either cut that whole segment, put in a disclaimer, or just had the father tell his story and leave it. 

And a quick note about Dr. Meldrum: I really don't have a problem with him being the go to Squatch guy. I remember Krantz getting the same criticisms. Meldrum has done solid research and is putting his career on the line for the cause (like Krantz). To be a professor who studies Bigfoot publicly puts you at risk for ridicule and loss of advancement. So hey, if documentary film makers and tv folk want to get you on camera to lend credibility and have an actual doctor offer opinion and pay you for it...better grab that coin. Anyone else would as well. and besides, the more conventions and show biz gigs you do, the more money you can put into research. So maybe it is, as the saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt"?

I think your spot on in regards to Dr Squatch :] ,  he has leveraged his position well and was able to create a pretty cool "side gig" for himself.  

I just find him psuedo over  exposed and as you said "Familiarity breeds contempt" . Not unlike the PGF . 

I guess from the filmmakers perspective the final sequence is a double edged sword. They won't enjoy folks proclaiming the end chapter has 'ruined' the documentary. On the flip side however the 'hoax' has sparked plenty of discussion and controversy. 

Some may argue that the ending section captures the essence of the archetypal BF footage video perfectly. I guess from a distance and if the viewer isn't paying attention then there is the vague possibly it could be something of interest.... however, once the tape has been reviewed and properly scrutinized it's simply another one to add to THAT pile 

Out of interest.... If the makers decided to release an edited version of the film, is there any fairly recent pics or video which they could replace suit-squatch with? Something which may stand up to scrutiny more than their original choice?

• 1 month later...

well... looks like they changed the movie due to the feedback about the seemingly hoaxed picture at the end.

image.png.049b6dae5e8fda20fa7d8b9e0898a799.png

• Upvote 1