5 Stood the test of time!

Grubfingers

6 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I would be more inclined to believe you than them.

You are honest and well equipped to take down a specimen. 

You have never seen one correct?

Correct, but I found a trackway that convinced me, and the early evening of the day that we found that trackway, an extraordinary thing occurred, and we had a camp visitor that none of us actually saw. I admit that the camp visitor could have been one of many critters, but could have been a sasquatch. That was my only sasquatch experience in a long life of outdoor experience. There was also one moose hunt when I heard tree knocking. I thought it was a moose knocking his antlers on a tree, but moose usually scrape their antlers, not knock them. I've never heard anything like that before or since. That location is also a location that the local natives calla woodsman's lair, as recorded by an Alaskan anthropologist in "Make Prayers to the Raven".

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for sharing your experiences. 

The trackway sounds very interesting. Where and how far? Do you recall the size if you would be so kind to elaborate?

We found the trackway along the Silver Knapsack Trail in the Golden Trout Wilderness of the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains (specifically, less than a mile from Soda Springs) in eastern California in 1972. There have been several other sightings/reports in this area. I didn't have a camera or tape measure, since it was a 6 day, 50 mile backpacking trip and weight/bulk was cut to the bone, but compared to my boot, the footprints were @ 15" long.

C6E2CA6C-FB53-4EDB-89A9-CAD1616653D5.png

2E952B53-1D5B-432B-8682-74E12B591720.png

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Huntster said:

We found the trackway along the Silver Knapsack Trail in the Golden Trout Wilderness of the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains (specifically, less than a mile from Soda Springs) in eastern California in 1972.

I’m impressed you’ve been at this longer than I’ve lived!

On 6/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

An elk print

Not an elk.   I've hunted elk for over 40 years.   Elk simply do not do what that thing had to have done not to leave tracks.   *Ever.*   I'm not convinced they are physically capable of doing what has been suggested.   It's also incredibly rare for them to lay down to eat .. fruit.   It was not real unusual to have elk come into our yard to get at the apple trees and the fallen apples.   .. so I think I can rightly claim firsthand expertise on that, y' know?    They will sometimes lay down to chew their cud like a cow.   Deer do the same.  But not to do initial consumption nor is fruit part of "cud".   

I'm not trying to prove bigfoot to you by elimination of other (ridiculous) options, just saying the elk explanation does not fly.   If you need to explain this away, find another explanation.

Since we're on these ... Freeman footage is probably legit.   At least if it was a  hoax, Paul wasn't in on it.   

The Myakka image .. I dunno what that is but I lean toward hoax of some sort.   It's not bigfoot.   There are anatomical problems.  If skunk ape = bigfoot then it's not skunk ape either.     The body doesn't look even vaguely orang-like to me.   The image appears to me to be of a natural biped, not a tree dweller, and a stoutly built one at that.

I'm on the fence regarding the Jacobs photo.    What I will say ... whether it is hoax, mistaken ID, or real, it is too ambiguous to be considered convincing evidence so regardless, it is pretty useless and far short of compellng.

PGF .. as I've said before, Patty appears biologically appropriate to be the female counterpart of the male I saw in '76 and appears biologically appropriate to be the mother of the juvenile/adolescent I saw in 2013.   I had not seen the PGF 'til somewhere around 2014-2015 though I'd heard of it.    If it is anything but legit, a) how did those two near-broke cowboys manage to create the suit and b) how did they know what to make it look like?   Nah .. whatever bigfoot is, what we see there is one.   You can bet your lunch money on it and you won't go hungry.

.. but those are just my views.  :)

MIB

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Great post. 👍

Thanks for sharing your views. 

I still say elk,mangy bear, fat dude in a suit, faked photo. Man ape or mime. 

9 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

It has no bearing on what is in the picture. 

Mangy bear 🐻 

You say it could NEVER be a chimp in the photo in question…..

And yet a Primatologist has pulled CHIMP DNA out of a Kentucky forest? Kentucky to Pennsylvania is 142 miles…..

🙉

2 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

We care for Sasquatch DNA.  Just not photos of mangy bears.

We know you would like it to be a bear but that much was debunked. It’s now registered as an unclassified primate. 

16 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

We care for Sasquatch DNA.  Just not photos of mangy bears. 

Thats simply speculation on your part. The photos prove one thing. If the photo showed a mangy bear? We wouldn’t be discussing it.

And if this supposed animal had mange? Why does it have a full coat of hair? It should be devoid of hair. Where is the tail? In one of the photos we should easily see the tail….. there is no tail. Why? Because it’s not a Bear.

849E3254-1FDB-4868-AB49-86FD48A8A83A.jpeg

15 years ago it was promised the photos would be replicated but everyone has failed. Nothing even close to the head on the ground photo but the chimp was pretty darn close.

E66ACC94-3BD2-4D7C-96F8-3628F597C75F.thumb.png.45d49fad23daa031489c35592f366b4e.png

2 hours ago, Grubfingers said:

I’m impressed you’ve been at this longer than I’ve lived!

I really haven't been "at it". I'm just an avid outdoorsman, and that happened to me on one of my first outdoor adventures without my parent driving. Just a couple of years after that I went to Southeast Asia, then southcentral Alaska, and I've lived here ever since. Remarkably, I've never found another trackway that I can even remotely attribute to a sasquatch, including here in Alaska. There aren't many reports from others here, either.

3 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Great post. 👍

Thanks for sharing your views. 

I still say elk,mangy bear, fat dude in a suit, faked photo. Man ape or mime. 

And still no response to the ThinkerThunker video posted by Grubfingers? Or did I miss it?

Just curious to read your response to it, Patterson-Gimlin.

6 hours ago, Grubfingers said:

It’s now registered as an unclassified primate

I believe it should be registered as a classified primate. In my opinion, your morphing pics blew my belief that it was a bear out of the water and pretty much solidified that it is a chimp.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1