News Today , Amarillo Monster outside Zoo......

Maxwell Tarpley

BFF Patron

Whatever "it" is, it's got that Elvis collar down pat!

2 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

For those wondering how to achieve a -52 reputation score, this is a learning opportunity.

The real sadness here is that you care about your reputation on a site dedicated to a mythical creature. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

The real sadness here is that you care about your reputation on a site dedicated to a mythical creature. 

You've piqued my curiosity. Are you here for any more than to mock and sneer?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

I saw and read in a group I am in, that when analyzed a bit further, it seems there could be a sewer grate of some kind there, and what was caught on the photo there is steam of some kind floating up. Another I read and could see.. is that it is a wispy/larger piece of garbage that was caught in a very weird position. Whatever it is, it was clearly a zoo employee who released it, and I think the Zoo is well aware and is totally taking in the free publicity and marketing! Amarillo Zoo had posted on their twitter for “community help in identifying the creature” 🙄

21 minutes ago, MegWhite said:

I saw and read in a group I am in, that when analyzed a bit further, it seems there could be a sewer grate of some kind there, and what was caught on the photo there is steam of some kind floating up

@MegWhiteSo, are you saying that this figure could just be steam? No, there is something solid there. Just not sure what it could be. What made someone to look at the camera to catch this figure in the first place. 

1 hour ago, CaveMan said:

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

You've piqued my curiosity. Are you here for any more than to mock and sneer?

If you two want to argue your point, then take it to PM and leave this thread alone. Do not make this a personal issue between you two.  

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

@MegWhiteSo, are you saying that this figure could just be steam? No, there is something solid there. Just not sure what it could be. What made someone to look at the camera to catch this figure in the first place. 

I am not saying I believe it is steam, but just that I have read a few peoples opinions on that. I do believe it is something solid, absolutely… what that thing is, I honestly can’t say I have a very educated guess at this point! I literally even saw 2 separate comments on different groups stating how it somehow looks like a Pomeranian on hind legs… lol 

Just now, MegWhite said:

I am not saying I believe it is steam, but just that I have read a few peoples opinions on that. I do believe it is something solid, absolutely… what that thing is, I honestly can’t say I have a very educated guess at this point! I literally even saw 2 separate comments on different groups stating how it somehow looks like a Pomeranian on hind legs… lol 

For sure though, at this point, I feel it’s going to end up being some type of Dogman hoax:( I hope we find out either way!

BFF Patron

Let's not confuse Dogmen with Werewolves....but this is clearly a Dogman/Werewolf hybrid, truly remarkable and worthy of further study!

8 hours ago, CaveMan said:

Great so no real analysis. This place has become a bunch of bitter crazies. 

What is there to analyze?  A blurry picture without any meta data or context behind it.  In all probability it is someone in a costume trying to walk like he would think a werewolf might walk.  Here is what I see:

- The texture on the legs is different that the top.  Kind of looks like skinny pants but with a thigh bone that extends well beyond where you would expect the hip and waist to be.

- The leg angles seem really funky.  If it is a human it would definitely be an awkward position with head/body forward but legs kind of backwards. 

- The left arm seem to extend almost to the knee which is outside of human norms.

- There is something in his left hand which kind of reminds me of a beer bottle if held with an overhand grip like you are about to launch it. 

-  If it is a 10ft fence the thing looks to be roughly 6" in height but you really cannot tell due to angles and lack of reference.

-  The long pony tail almost looks like there is a child on its back.  If you squint hard enough you can see an arm and a head but who knows.  

Thats what I see.  Any other thoughts?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Admin

An article about this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-is-this-strange-creature-seen-outside-a-zoo-a-city-in-texas-wants-to-know/ar-AAYgnHO

Officials in the city of Amarillo, Texas on Wednesday asked for help regarding a peculiar problem: identifying a "strange" human-like animal that was seen outside a local zoo last month. 

The city shared a photo of the creature on social media, and said it was taken in the early morning hours of May 21 outside the Amarillo Zoo. 

"Is it a person with a strange hat who likes to walk at night? A chupacabra? Do you have any ideas of what this UAO- Unidentified Amarillo Object could be?" the city wrote. 

Members of the zoo were casually looking at footage from game cameras placed throughout it when they came across the photo, according to Michael Kashuba, the parks and recreation department director for the city of Amarillo. He told CBS News on Thursday that the cameras only take photos and the now-famous picture overlooks an open area of the park right outside the zoo that doesn't receive heavy traffic. He said a staff member had sent him the image, and after conferring with other coworkers, they reached a consensus: "Nobody could figure out what it was." 

"And so, that's where we decided to kind of reach out to our community to see if there was any thoughts on what it could potentially be," he said. 

The request inspired dozens of answers and calls for video of the incident, from Sonic the Hedgehog to Rocket Raccoon. Many social media users thought it could a be skinwalker — a mythological creature in Navajo tradition that can shape-shift into an animal. 

"Clearly a Skinwalker phasing between two densities/dimensions and what better place but the Zoo. I mean. DUH," one Twitter user replied. 

Others appeared to be more certain about their response. One person on Facebook wrote, "Clearly a young werewolf...not a big deal."

Kashuba said no animals were harmed and no one was at the facility at the time. Most importantly, there's no sense of fear, he said — "just more of a curiosity." 

"It's just a very unique picture in a very unique location," he told CBS News. "

• Upvote 1

One of the issues with this picture is that people are seeing two different positions of the head/face when they look at it.  

Some people are seeing a profile looking off to our left… with what appears to be a muzzle.  Other people are see this thing looking directly at the camera… with two dark eyes and a dark nose below.  The shape to either side of the head is explained as being a mane of some sort.  

I guess that my point here is… if there is a picture that is so unclear as to be able to discern two possible interpretations of the head… then it is too unclear for anyone to make a final judgement on it.  

One of the things that I find interesting is that this is a game cam pic.  A game cam that is pointing at a perimeter fence and the space beyond the zoo.  I am sure that the zoo has budgetary constraints…but, depending upon a consumer grade game camera to watch the perimeter seems odd to me.  I could see a game cam being used in some of the larger animal enclosures…but, for perimeter security?  

Maybe this is a standard practice, but it just seemed odd to me.  When the picture first began making its rounds, I thought that the fact that it was a game cam photo would probably preclude it from actually being from the zoo.  However, the zoo came out and admitted that it was from their camera.  

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

It would be interesting to know:

1. The specs of the camera. Trail camera, security camera, etc

2. What pictures were taken before and after this one

3. The height of the fence. From there, we could make an estimate of the subject's height.

It could really help us narrow down what this thing is. Hoax or not. There just seems to be almost no metadata associated with this photo, which makes analyses hard.

12 minutes ago, Trooper1410 said:

The zoo admitted it was just having fun with the public.

Where did you see this?

Admin
26 minutes ago, Trooper1410 said:

The zoo admitted it was just having fun with the public.

I just googled it and there is nothing about the zoo having fun with the public.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, gigantor said:

I just googled it and there is nothing about the zoo having fun with the public.

I don’t see anything on that either.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic