The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

On 6/23/2022 at 6:13 AM, Grubfingers said:

I’m starting this thread to search for that photo not for arguments over opinions. I think everyone has heard all the opinions that it was a hoax, Bear, Chimpanzee, and juvenile Sasquatch… I used a photo that had a filter to possibly see the shape better but you can use the original on the BFRO website if you wish. 

^^^^ From the first post of the OP, almost 2 years ago.

"not for arguments over opinions."

Good deeds do not go unpunished. Good luck finding the image that you are seeking.

Some cautionary words:  downloading copyrighted images from the internet can be a bad idea.

10 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Some cautionary words:  downloading copyrighted images from the internet can be a bad idea.

True but I will take my chances.  Those images from the BFRO have been all over the internet. I have copied copies of copies and posted here without the owner messaging me with infringement warnings or cease and desist notices. If he does I would certainly conform to his demands.

• Like 1

Admin

Pictures posted on the internet used for discussion and analysis are fair game.

If you were to print them in a tshirt to sell...  that's different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Obviously it was tiny and not the same color of hair as a bear.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those bipedal bear have a much longer torso where as Jacob is identical to the chimpanzee in every way. A feat that neither photo ever accomplished on a bear photo overlay.

image.thumb.png.3512ab4d17a7735b041c3aa8744d1d20.png

On 10/5/2024 at 11:43 PM, Grubfingers said:

Those bipedal bear have a much longer torso where as Jacob is identical to the chimpanzee in every way. A feat that neither photo ever accomplished on a bear photo overlay.

image.thumb.png.3512ab4d17a7735b041c3aa8744d1d20.png

I can never get past how the legs morph between left and right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2024 at 7:47 PM, Bonehead74 said:

I can never get past how the legs morph between left and right.

image.thumb.png.6be08b088925be879225415ea76b088d.png

This belly line proves that is the right leg.

image.thumb.png.6db444e1b945b71ac48f0372f4da3c5d.pngThe belly line proves this is the actual position.

On 10/20/2024 at 7:08 AM, Grubfingers said:

image.thumb.png.6be08b088925be879225415ea76b088d.png

This belly line proves that is the right leg.

image.thumb.png.6db444e1b945b71ac48f0372f4da3c5d.pngThe belly line proves this is the actual position.

Sadly, I remain unconvinced. 

On 4/25/2024 at 12:04 AM, Catmandoo said:

^^^^ From the first post of the OP, almost 2 years ago.

"not for arguments over opinions."

Good deeds do not go unpunished. Good luck finding the image that you are seeking.

34 pages later.

The Jacob's image does not have resolution that is noteworthy. Actually, they are noteworthy. The images run in the neighbor of 618pixels wide and 461 pixels high. The "game changer" image is 618 pixels wide by 348 pixels high. Not much there. This version Game over and the posting was on October 20th. 

Over the years, I have deleted most bear images. I had bears walking backwards, doing a pivot-spin -in place move with weird paw positions.

If you can't find a 'bear image', you may want to think about making a bear do that. How about a bear rolling around on a gross dead thing? The risk there is that the carrion feeders may see you as a meat sack when you service a trail camera. Then there is bear spray / vegetable oil. Bear spray is an irritant in a vegetable oil carrier that is propelled by propane. Years ago, a Fish & Wildlife researcher was testing bear spray in the Katmai Lake area of Alaska. He dumped a can of bear spray on the ground and observed the patch from a blind. The irritant loses potency quickly but the vegetable oil residue lingers.  An Alaskan Brown Bear and a wolf rolled around on the patch. The cheaper approach is to dump a gallon(s) of vegetable oil on the ground. The sticky part about the vege oil is that you may be tagged for baiting bears in / out of season. Very few 'bait' bears with bear spray.

Game on

Stay safe