Skunk ape video

Bigcathunter

SSR Team

This is one of the videos I find hard to be a hoax. The sound of the wood breaking, even if it is dead, is quite loud. Whatever is ripping the bark off has pretty good strength, in my opinion. I know some have said they see a youngster hanging around the adult in the bushes, but I do not see it. Either way, I also believe this to be convincing. ThinkerThunker has analyzed this one- he does pretty well overall with his analyses.

• Upvote 1

Is this you in the video? Were you armed at the time of the encounter? What made you run when it stood up? it did not seem like it notice you or the subject in the video. It could be mistaken for a black bear.  It can go either way.  Do you regret running away and not sticking around? 

18 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Is this you in the video? Were you armed at the time of the encounter? What made you run when it stood up? it did not seem like it notice you or the subject in the video. It could be mistaken for a black bear.  It can go either way.  Do you regret running away and not sticking around? 

No no that it not my video. It was just sent to me so I posted it as it is a new one to me.

I have seen this video before. Thanks for sharing. 

Not convincing. Any self respecting man ape would probably not allow a human to stand there and record it. 

When the film subject gets up the person pans away quickly and runs.

No doubt hoaxed, but not bad. 

• Downvote 3

Older video but a good one. I actually really like this video and find it pretty compelling. Being stationed and living in the south setting in that water is a bad idea for many reasons. So I don't see it being a guy in a suit personally. But I'm open to being wrong if someone comes out saying they hoaxed it.

• Upvote 3

SSR Team
2 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Older video but a good one. I actually really like this video and find it pretty compelling. Being stationed and living in the south setting in that water is a bad idea for many reasons. So I don't see it being a guy in a suit personally. But I'm open to being wrong if someone comes out saying they hoaxed it.

I'm in the same boat. If we can prove it is hoaxed, I'm open to being wrong, as well. 

This is the Mississippi Skunk Ape video, and as Skinwalker mentioned, it's been around a while.

This tells more about the background. It says it was filmed nine miles west of Tunica, MS. That distance west of Tunica would be very close to the Mississippi River. 

https://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/10/breaking-mississippi-man-films-skunk.html

• Upvote 2

Always been one of my favorites.   Personally I rank it as the 2nd best video behind the PGF.  That all being said, it’s unable to move the needle in any way.   Interesting nonetheless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I have seen this video before. Thanks for sharing. 

Not convincing. Any self respecting man ape would probably not allow a human to stand there and record it. 

When the film subject gets up the person pans away quickly and runs.

No doubt hoaxed, but not bad. 

🙄

It could certainly be a hoax. It’s certainly NOT a Bear….

But why would a Bigfoot be all seeing and all knowing and never allow itself to be filmed? Obviously if real whatever it is? Doesn’t know he is there. Humans have been sneaking up on things and stabbing it to death for millions of years. And that probably includes other apes.

• Upvote 3

In the link he did say he'd be laying in hunting camo, motionless waiting for dusk, so it would make sense to sneak up on it. Sasquatches probably are relying mostly on sight than hearing, like most primates and certainly Apes. 

I've always liked this piece of evidence, there were ppl scattered here n there that claim it was 100% hoaxed, but I've never found info on that statement. 

Edited by Marty

5 hours ago, norseman said:

🙄

It could certainly be a hoax. It’s certainly NOT a Bear….

But why would a Bigfoot be all seeing and all knowing and never allow itself to be filmed? Obviously if real whatever it is? Doesn’t know he is there. Humans have been sneaking up on things and stabbing it to death for millions of years. And that probably includes other apes.

They avoid trail cameras I am frequently told by people. Since there are zero HD films and photographs I can only conclude they either are great at avoidance or you know the rest. 

When is the last time a human sneaked up on a man ape and stabbed one?

Certainly not a bear like Jacob's Skinny Sow. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

They avoid trail cameras I am frequently told by people. Since there are zero HD films and photographs I can only conclude they either are great at avoidance or you know the rest. 

When is the last time a human sneaked up on a man ape and stabbed one?

Certainly not a bear like Jacob's Skinny Sow. 

There is a big difference between great and infallible. Zero? Not hardly. 

It’s a part of our evolution. Africans kill and eat baboons and apes with archery equipment right now.

Well at least I got you to admit it’s not a Bear…

C776F0DC-3FC5-4B20-8298-FB43D660B6BB.webp

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, OkieFoot said:

This is the Mississippi Skunk Ape video, and as Skinwalker mentioned, it's been around a while.

This tells more about the background. It says it was filmed nine miles west of Tunica, MS. That distance west of Tunica would be very close to the Mississippi River. 

https://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/10/breaking-mississippi-man-films-skunk.html

Thanks for posting that link. Always good to get more of the backstory.

I have seen this video before, too, but not the comments in that backstory. He is asking anyone for help in identifying the creature, exposing a hoax and further analysis of the video. Sounds sincere enough but that could also be faked.

Does anyone know if this sighting was revisited to measure the stump or look for more evidence?