Skunk ape video

Bigcathunter

19 hours ago, JustCurious said:

There has already been a 44 page discussion of this video.  Here is my comment on it: https://bigfootforums.com/topic/43024-mississippi-skunk-ape-video/?do=findComment&comment=893098

Thanks for posting this link.

Being new to this forum, I truly appreciate links to past discussions of topics being revisited especially when "old" stuff is "new" for some.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

They avoid trail cameras I am frequently told by people. Since there are zero HD films and photographs I can only conclude they either are great at avoidance or you know the rest. 

When is the last time a human sneaked up on a man ape and stabbed one?

Certainly not a bear like Jacob's Skinny Sow. 

In the backstory the person filming this creature was settled in, being very still and waiting for hogs and not sneaking up on anything. I am assuming he has done this before and apparently this works with hogs so why not another wild creature? Is it possible for an animal to be so focused on what it is doing or eating that it may not notice another? Is it possible a younger less experienced animal may be more focused and less observant? Or a sick one? 

Could still be a pretty good hoax, too. 

I do agree with those that say any video or photo would not likely be accepted by the general scientific community as proof but it does indicate where to take a closer look for better evidence.

• Upvote 1

Interesting footage but obviously not definitive evidence.

It's not a bear, and could of course be a hoax. However, I've never seen this footage proven fake. I'm also not aware of anyone admitting they were involved in creating this video to perpetrate a hoax.

I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir here but... we need to draw conclusions based on factual information, rather than letting our personal bias interfere when examining evidence. Assuming something is fake (or real) purely based on our personal opinions of this topic only results in further denigrating the field of cryptozoology.

Edited by Hoekler73
spelling and grammar
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:31 PM, OkieFoot said:

This is the Mississippi Skunk Ape video, and as Skinwalker mentioned, it's been around a while.

This tells more about the background. It says it was filmed nine miles west of Tunica, MS. That distance west of Tunica would be very close to the Mississippi River. 

https://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/10/breaking-mississippi-man-films-skunk.html

After reading this article. I am going to have to go with a hoax. Now this is my opinion. I am saying this due to him referencing this as a movie. Why a movie? Why not a video. Other witnesses say picture. video. Not movie. But this is me. He is hunter I think he could of stayed a bit longer. The creature just stood up when a truck went by. It never knew that he was videoing it. Yet he ran. Wearing snickers I think too.  If the wind was on his side, then he could have stayed there observing it. Again my opinion. 

I just do not know when someone says movie. It sounds made up, as though it took work to create. It might real, yet movie is a red flag for me.

What's interesting is even if it's hoax video, it's got some very interesting stuff in it. And it has one thing in it I personally can't recall seeing in any other Bigfoot video.

Starting at about :13 or so, as BugMaster mentioned, you can hear the sound when the figure rips bark or wood off the tree, and it is rather loud a couple of times.

At :20 - :21, you can see the figure has to give an extra hard tug to get a piece of bark off. It's hard to say just how much strength that took.

At :40 - :41, we can see the figure throw a piece of wood into the water just a few feet from the tree. You can both see and hear the splash. The piece looks like it's about 3-4 ft. long and maybe 4-5 inches wide?

I also wonder if this means the figure, whether real or a man in a suit, is standing in several inches of water.

This part is the one I've personally never seen before in a video. It's what we see in the sequence from about 1:37 - 1:45.

Starting at about 1:37 - 1:38, you can see the figure looks like it has it's hand almost up against it's mouth, with something whitish colored in it, presumably food. Then it moves it's right hand away from it's mouth, with the food still in it's hand, and into the hollow part of the tree. Then it brings it's hand from in the tree back up to it's mouth again, with more whitish colored food in it, and it moves it's hand back into the tree with the whitish color food still in it's hand.

The figure didn't appear to have actually eaten any of the whitish colored food. You never see the hand come up to it's mouth and then appear empty when it put it's hand back into the hollow of the tree. It's as though it was checking out the food to see if it wanted to eat it but decided not to.

As a hoax video, the last part about bringing food to it's mouth a couple of times is a very unusual detail to put in the hoax. I had read somewhere in the past that someone said there was a wild bee hive in the tree, and that is what the figure was after. I can't remember who said it or if it was true or not, or if they were just speculating that's what the figure was after.  

I've seen honey before and haven't ever seen whitish color honey; although the color comes from what the bees feed on. If the whitish colored "food" we see in the figure's hand in the video was wild honey and comb, it's hard to see a real skunk ape not eating it. Although maybe it got it's fill when we couldn't see just what it was doing inside the hollow of the tree.

Besides wild honey, another alternative would be worms or grubs in the rotted wood.

• Upvote 1

The first thing I look for in determining af a video is a hoax is arm length.  I had to play it back 7 times before I could stop the video and study arm length.  It flunked the hoax video test because the arm length is that of a human.   The next thing is a clear video.  Nowdays all cameras are digital, and when the hair rubbing back and forth while they move will generate static electricity, and that static electricty will scramble the pixels in a digital camera and will not make a clear video.  I am sure a lot of you will think I am full of crap, but go rub a baloon in your hair and stick it to the wall.  The ballon will stay stuck on the wall for several hours.  Some will still think I am full of crap, and if you do, go on amazon and buy a EMF meter. You can get a cheap one for less than $10.  The next time you spot a bigfoot hiding behind a tree, take the meter and touch the tree, and it will peg the meter.  If you can find a fresh stick structure, tick the meter on the stick structure, and it also will peg the meter.  I will admit the first time I saw the video several years back, i thought it was the real deal.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

If you scroll in the video you can clearly see the cone-shaped head this specimen has, just like Patty. The sound of that bark breaking off the tree signifies the strength this creature has, also when it stands up that thing has to be at least 8 feet tall.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, OkieFoot said:

This is the Mississippi Skunk Ape video, and as Skinwalker mentioned, it's been around a while.

This tells more about the background. It says it was filmed nine miles west of Tunica, MS. That distance west of Tunica would be very close to the Mississippi River. 

https://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/10/breaking-mississippi-man-films-skunk.html

Very close to the Mississippi River indeed.  I live in Arkansas, 9 miles west of Tunica would be right in the oxbows of the Mississippi River between Tunica Miss. & Marianna Ark.  Because of the meandering of the Mississippi and said oxbows right in that area, part of Lee County Arkansas is East of the Miss. River and parts of Tunica County Miss. are West of the River :lol: