Researcher's Views On Bigfoot

Guest para ape

What's the chances of giving all the para-normals their own section to post all of their 'FACTS' in, so that the people who have seen them, and actually know for a 'FACT' that they are F&B, don't have to be subjected to the Sci-Fi BF fantasm every single day? Or, possibly lump para-normal into the same boat as G&R?\m/ Is it really that different? I don't see why people can't post about G&R relative to BF, but can post away about inter-dimensional, shape-shifting, de-materializing entities, or deities. Semantics, as far as I'm concerned. UFO's, ghosts, and goblins should have their own place. I don't know...Maybe I misunderstand the purpose of this forum.

This doesn't have anything to do with the debate that's going on, btw. It just gets old seeing the same para-normal cr_p having 5 different threads saying the exact same thing!

The relevance is that all of the researchers mentioned have received, published, and/or investigated sasquatch reports containing so-called paranormal elements. Not many, I'll grant you, but enough to be significant. No matter what your personal beliefs happen to be about sasquatch, it is intellectually dishonest to only accept reports that endorse your particular idea of what these creatures are. I have personally talked to witnesses who know for a 'FACT', as you put it, that they are paranormal. Why should I believe your claims about the nature of an unproven, hairy monster and discount theirs?

For a more satisfying BFF experience, I recommend you avoid visiting any thread bearing a title referring to the paranormal, thereby limiting your exposure to unacceptable ideas.

Edited by Bonehead74

now we finally have a paranormal discussion going that isnt just a flat declaration of "FACT"...

I'm enjoying the last couple pages !!

popcorn.gif

Oh and HG, just to stick up for PacNWSqatcher- the title of the thread doesnt say anything about it being in relation to "paranormal" bigfoot... so for someone who wants no part of it, I could see how it's a little misleading- but your right that its easy enough to hit the back browser button and read something else too.. So I see your point too....

Art

For a more satisfying BFF experience, I recommend you avoid visiting any thread bearing a title referring to the paranormal, thereby limiting your exposure to unacceptable ideas.

Umm, did you happen to take a peek at the title of this thread before making this statement?

Just curious...... :P ("whispering"---> it doesnt say anything about "paranormal" anything...) :blush:

Art

Art, that was me, not HairyGreek. Open mouth, insert foot.

Sorry PacNWSquatcher, I can see how this thread could have been something other than what you expected. Of course threads started by someone calling himself para ape might tip you off in the future!

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest HairyGreek

No, I got him first Bonehead74.

For some reason, I don't think you would need to twist para ape's arm to have the word "paranormal" included in the thread title/subtitle if PNWS feels he needs a disclaimer to spare his wrist and fingers extra motion. ;)

You know me, I tend to agree with him on the para-section. It was his approach which stank. It proved something though. If you open up a para-section (like the way that sounds!), the F&B crowd would come in there and kick us around after the skeptics got done with them. Then, the skeptics being bored of the F&B crowd would come in and kick us around. Next thing you know, we are back in high school lunch room.

Oh wait, that's happening without the separation already. Forget it.

To all: for the record (again), I am a F&B Bigfoot guy who happens to believe they come from a supernatural origin. I have my reasons and don't see a need to share them with those who aren't interested. What I am sick of seeing is, the paranormal crowd kicked around when skeptics and the layman think the same of the F&B argument no matter what cool Giganto/Home Erectus whatever spin you put on it to sound legitimate. Not everything can be explained away. Deal with it.

I almost think the fun would be over if we did solve it. Someone needs to start a thread about what this board would look like if Sas is proven to be real and is some sort of Giganto leftover/evolved model. I wonder if the board would even survive. There go the skeptics and the paranormal crowd. There go all the theories. It would be over. *poof*

Edited by HairyGreek

I almost think the fun would be over if we did solve it. Someone needs to start a thread about what this board would look like if Sas is proven to be real and is some sort of Giganto leftover/evolved model. I wonder if the board would even survive. There go the skeptics and the paranormal crowd. There go all the theories. It would be over. *poof*

I seem to remember a thread about this, either here or on the old board. IIRC, the general consensus was that the focus would change to research and preservation efforts.

Guest FuriousGeorge

Some say a sasquatch can change into another animal. Can't happen.

If a sasquatch is around 3 times the size of a deer and his atoms are not larger but there are just more of them, what does he do with the excess material after he changes into one? Does he become 3 deer? Or 17 chickens? What about the air trapped in the air sacs of his huge lungs that he has no control over changing? That would be enough to pop a deer. Don't even get me started on fluids that he would no longer be in control over. Pop.

What about the air trapped in the air sacs of his huge lungs that he has no control over changing?

And what happens to his brain? How is it pulled apart, reassembled, yet keep all the memories intact? And once the atoms of the brain are pulled apart, where do the reassembly instructions come from?

It's possible a flesh and blood creature can do something that appears paranormal. Ask Penn and Teller.

Or ask a chameleon or an octopus.

octopus.jpg

RayG

Just for the record- this is something that was communicated via PM between a member posting in this thread and myself a while back--> but there's no reason not to share it in a public thread..

There was a proposal in the not too distant past to set up a separate "Paranormal" section for no other reason but to keep them organized, and to avoid confusion (like the title of this thread).

It went to the steering committee and was voted down... why? Well, without going into the stated reasons, let's just say the members who voted "no" had their reasons, which they are entitled too.

So- keep in mind that steering committee members are elected from the general membership, and serve 6 month terms.... So its possible in the future with the right individuals, that a separate section could be a reality.

It just didnt pass an up and down vote last time it was proposed.

I for one have mixed feelings, but overall dont see why it would create a problem, but that's just one opinion....

Art

And what happens to his brain? How is it pulled apart, reassembled, yet keep all the memories intact? And once the atoms of the brain are pulled apart, where do the reassembly instructions come from?

RayG

Come on Ray... They did it on STAR TREK like what? 40+ years ago ??

I'm just sayin in my mind, that makes it like totally possible !

(hoping you realize im completely joking)

Guest HairyGreek

You already showed the closest way to get this done. The picture from Terminator 2. When a protoplasmic mass can be controlled by something the size of a thumb drive (maybe even smaller), it is possible. Magnatism would be my first guess in how you could get this done. Further than that, smoke starts coming out of my ears.

Also, with the size issue...people would assume that Bigfoot is the natural state. It doesn't have to be. It could that it's natural state is something much smaller and thus easier to blow up or shrink based on some sort of common mass size. This is of course only possible if the "alien Bigfoot" stuff is right. I am not a proponent of this line of thinking either, but it is again one of the only ways I could think of.

Guest para ape

The only point That I'm trying to make is that because of all the high strangeness reports that bigfoot is cleary something MORE than just a flesh and blood creature.

Edited by Art1972
edited to remove unnecessary quote

Para, most reports do not have paranormal experiences associated with them though so it is possible that it is a fleshly creature and that sometimes there are paranormal shape shifting entities that take the form of bf and other creatures that people sometimes witness. With all there is to discover and learn about bf it is not reasonable to be dogmatic in one's belief about it since there is nothing concrete about bf yet.

Hairy, that's true. Life is boring enough without us knowing everything and we never will thankfully. I believe if any person would know just one percent of everything there is to know, now in our times especially, then they would be a genius, yet there is no shortage of the ignorantly arrogant who believe they know it all with certainty.