Wish Me Luck, Boys (And Girls)

See-Te-Cah NC

Here I am in Davidson County, NC... The fourth most Bigfoot sightings/reports in NC by county according to BFRO. I'm set to go. I heard one wood knock at about 9:35 this evening. I have 20# of various kinds of apples and a 50# salt block PLUS a burlap sack filled with walnuts, a jar of honey, a jar of peanut butter, loose pecans and bread... Brown and serve rolls to be exact! 25 acres of land (complete with creek) adjoining the Yadkin River + another 75-100 acres of privately-owned land. I've went down to the river and smeared honey on the trunks of trees and distributed apples along the creek bed. Just me in a sleeping bag and a S&W 50 cal., just in case... You can never be too safe these days! LOL!

There has been at least 4 sightings here within the last 40 years. I know that this area is remote enough to possibly harbor ol' BF and friends. This place is just right for some action. Hopefully, I'll have some interaction tonight. This is my very first time out in the field and I hope that it's a fruitful experience. The next step is to procure a trail cam, but I'm just happy to be out in the wide open spaces.

Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky!

See

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC

Guest Thepattywagon

With 20 pounds of apples, no doubt it WILL be "fruitful"! :)

Good luck, and don't be surprised if you have a few bear encounters with all of those goodies laying around.

Good luck, brutha! Sounds like fun! I'm chasing my little girls around the house, and watching the Seahawk game, but I'll definitely be living vicariously through you tonight! That .50 S&W is awesome, btw! I have the Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 for Squatchin', but I've had my eye on the .50 for quite awhile. Give us an update in the A.M! Watch out for bears:)

I have no doubt you will have company. Ants, for one. Bears, too. Racoons, maybe, wasps, I dunno what all.

I never stray from the roadside if alone. I cannot imagine you will get any sleep. Me, I'd be lying there tensed up and anxious the whole time if by myself.

Bugs, snakes, and rain would make me want a tent and netting. They should make a tent with a netting top half so you can see out, but bugs can't crawl in, that can have a regular cover/roof you can zip closed if it rains.

Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Guest BuzzardEater

Good luck.

I look forward to the day when guys on expedition can take a laptop with them and uplink to the site. That would wake up the chat room.

I just have this image of See coming out of the woods in the morning- tired, bug-bitten, sticky face/arms/fingers---> honey coated and rolled in nuts like one of those "pecan logs" you can buy down south.. (love those by the way- cant get them up north), and wondering if the "ultra light camping" plan was the best idea.... :D

I love to camp- but man no tent ?? In North Carolina ??? if you dont have a dozen ticks on you by morning, and god knows what other creepy crawly bugs sharing your sleeping bag... I dont know.

I guess maybe im gettin "soft" in my older age, when I was a kid a blanket or sleepin bag was fine.

Now I need (read want) the tent, a cot (if practical), a pad/roll-up mattress (must have), gotta have a pillow, and comfy sleeping bag. Aside from that- I can still "rough it"- but when I dont get any sleep, I'm not fun to be around...!

Art

Bugs, snakes, and rain would make me want a tent and netting. They should make a tent with a netting top half so you can see out, but bugs can't crawl in, that can have a regular cover/roof you can zip closed if it rains.

Have you thought of coming up with a design and filing a patent? If you don't, I will look into it. Usually some other inventor beats me to the punch on any idea I come up with.

I am going to ask here, but it might be a good thread topic - tents vs. open sky. Would BF be more interested in a camper in a tent? If I were BF, and I understood the concept, I might be more apt to sneak around a camp if I knew that the humans were in the tent and couldn't clearly see me...

Good luck, See...

Edited by notgiganto

Have you thought of coming up with a design and filing a patent? If you don't, I will look into it. Usually some other inventor beats me to the punch on any idea I come up with.

outpunched again i'm afraid Jodie...

http://www.nextag.com/screen-tent-with-floor/shop-html

looking forward to hearing what see-te has discovered.

Edited by megatarsal

As always, a day late and a dollar short.

Like NG , I wonder if the bigfoot is more attracted to tents as opposed to campers. It would be hard to say since you might not be aware that bigfoot came through sleeping in a camper.