Wish Me Luck, Boys (And Girls)

See-Te-Cah NC

Guest Darrell

My point being the S&W 500 out of an 8" barrel almost matched the 45-70 out of a 20" barrel and the 35 Rem from a 24" barrel and would be a decent choice for close range from a sleeping bag. I have been in situations (many times) where shooting someone from where I was sleeping was almost inevitable and even with my 11.5" SBR M4 I could get my issed M9 into action faster. So whats better, a 500 S&W that you can fire fast at close range or your long gun you have to fumble with and shoulder to fire? I guess its really up to you to decide what best for your situation.

Edited by Darrell

My point being the S&W 500 out of an 8" barrel almost matched the 45-70 out of a 20" barrel and the 35 Rem from a 24" barrel and would be a decent choice for close range from a sleeping bag. I have been in situations (many times) where shooting someone from where I was sleeping was almost inevitable and even with my 11.5" SBR M4 I could get my issed M9 into action faster. So whats better, a 500 S&W that you can fire fast at close range or your long gun you have to fumble with and shoulder to fire? I guess its really up to you to decide what best for your situation.

Where did you get one of those?  All of the ones I was issued and have used were 14.5"..   unless it was an CQBR.... those were 10" As well as the old commandos and XM-177's.

just curious..  :)

Guest Darrell

Early in the invasion, we were pretty much able to do what we wanted to. So I had a buddy who was the sales directer for Olympic Arms send me a 11.5" upper to play with. The Olympic Arms website used to have a pic of me and the rifle with a caption that their products were being used in Iraq.