What do you think it was?

Arel3

4 hours ago, Arel3 said:

The same way anyone knows when another being is sad or angry or upset or nervous from the expression in their eyes.

Those are basic emotional expressions that are pretty much consistent and easy to interpret.

A feeling of implied superiority isn’t so basic.   That’s why I asked why you interpreted it that way.  

I am not trying to come across like I am grilling you.  It is an important detail.  One of the entities that has already been mentioned in this thread is often associated with the witness reporting similar feelings.  That part of your post stood out to me.  

• Upvote 2

I didn't take offense. Thank you. I can't explain how but living things do share emotion through eye contact. There's that strange thing about some people that you can literally feel them when they enter a room whether you notice they've walked in or not.  Some studies have said it has to do with pheromones and some claims I've seen suggest everything with a brain has some degree of extra sensory perception. My response to being asked if I believe in those things is that there's a lot we don't know we can't prove either way because we haven't figured out how to cause or test it that has consistent results. 

• Upvote 2

For me, I need facial expressions in conjunction with eyes to make a determination of emotions. Even then I usually read it wrong. My wife will vouch for that.

I hope you don't mind I got a giggle from your comment, Doug. I'm really good at reading people and animals. I'm confident that's what this thing was thinking. It was ready to attack. If I had opened my door or window it was ON. I can defend myself very well but I knew I didn't have a chance with whatever this thing was.

• Haha 1

Look into dogman sightings. Wether or not you believe that something like this can exist, the videos of stories and articles that are written about are them are entertaining and the people who claim to have encountered them usually have the same feelings from the encounter as you described.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Arel3 said:

I hope you don't mind I got a giggle from your comment, Doug. I'm really good at reading people and animals. I'm confident that's what this thing was thinking. It was ready to attack. If I had opened my door or window it was ON. I can defend myself very well but I knew I didn't have a chance with whatever this thing was.

Don't know what it is.  Direct eye contact can have risks when an animal is cycling through the 5 F's:

• Friend
  • Foe
  • Fight you
  • Feed on you
  • F, it will hurt

Stay safe

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, Arel3 said:

I live in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Sasquatch Sightings have been reported all around but not in this county from what I can find. I had an encounter with something that has haunted my mind having visual flashbacks of it since it happened I'd:

1. Like to get off my chest where it will be taken seriously and not made fun of insultingly.

2. Like opinions on what others think it might have been, could have possibly been. 

Early September 2020 I was driving for Door Dash. No judgement on that please I was clearing an average of $800 a week and never worked more than 25 hours any of those weeks. I was doing that to transition from working 90+ hours per week to retiring from a 30 year career of working that many hours every week being an industrial mechanical engineer. 

I got dispatched to pick up from a local pizza shop and deliver it to a home in Panther Valley which is a fairly remote area. I arrived at the home which required driving on the home's private road that had a one-vehicle rickety old bridge that crossed Panther Creek. After I delivered I got back in my truck and did a half-horse shoe turn in reverse to face the bridge again and go back toward the main road, Panther Valley Rd. When I looked to my left out my drivers side window something was standing there staring at me maybe 10 feet away from my vehicle. 

All I could see was it's eyes since it was somewhere around 10:30pm at night and due to it being the remote area it was in there were no other lights except my vehicle's brake and headlights and whatever amount of light made me visible from my dash cluster. Whatever this thing was was humungous. My truck is a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 6 inch lift front and back with 38" tires on it so at the roof my jeep is 6 foot 4 inches tall and whatever this thing was was WAY taller than my jeep because I was looking UP at it as if I were looking up to return a stare down with Manute Bol. At a guess it's eyes were around 8 feet off the ground. I couldn't see it's shape at all. All I could see were it's not-perfectly round shaped eyes glowing in the dark staring at me. It was close enough that I could also see it's oddly shaped pupils. They were slightly slit like a cats eye but the points were horizontal instead of vertical and the pupils were also big and round in the middle. 

Because of how far off the ground this thing's eyes were and the shape of it's pupils I know (knew at the time) it was not a deer, horse, cow, bear, bull, goat, or bird hovering.

I guess it could have possibly been a horse if it had it's neck stretched out and in the air as high as it could go? But again this things eye's were not horse' eyes are.

There weren't any trees where this creature was so it wasn't a mountain lion or cat or bird in a tree. 

To this day I wish I would have pulled my flashlight out of my pocket and figured out what it was for sure. I knew whatever it was was a living creature because it blinked twice and quickly looked away then back at me again once and it's eyes swayed back and forth as if it was bipedal adjusting it's stance similar to how a wrestler or MMA fighter purposely doesn't stand still. It readjusted like that twice but otherwise stood dead still staring right back in my eyes at me. The expression in it's stare was as if it was thinking "Go ahead. Make a move.". It wasn't afraid of me at all because it seemed to know it was much stronger and capable than a human.

After what seemed like maybe 3 minutes of both me and this creature staring in to each others eyes waiting for each other to make a move I drove off. When my brake lights went off from me releasing the brake it turned it's back to me and ran away. 

Where this all happened was in this homes dirt / turn around area that was maybe an 80 foot radius circle-shaped maybe 70 feet from the door of the home I delivered to. 

Anyone have any suggestions of what it might have been? I'd really like to get what it probably was settled in my mind. If I can.

A Dasher, eh? No hate here! I'm an Instacart driver myself! Get your bag! 

Lol Back to the topic...

That's a pretty cool sighting. It's hard to say for sure what you saw due to only being able to see the eyes but there's a fairly good chance that it might have been a Squatch. A Dogman might have been a suspect as well (look that up if you're not familiar with it) along with it maybe being a Type III Baboon/Gugwe creature. Supposedly the bulk of their population is concentrated within a 500 mile radius of the Mississippi River Basin but a popular little photo called "The Beast Of Seven Chutes" that was snapped in Quebec might suggest otherwise. 

Stay safe out there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, Rex! Yes. I looked into Dogman when others mentioned it as a possibility. I also looked up the Type III Baoon/Gugwe creature you mentioned. A Gugwe is a possibility other than a bigfoot or an abnormally large hybrid horse but...the eyes the thing had...the spacing between it's eyes and the horizontally pointed pupils...I've never seen anything like that nor have I found anything like it. My hope is that some day I can get some closure from finding a photo or someone giving a suggestion of what it was where I'm able to say "Yep! That's what it was for sure!". I hope that day comes and I hope when it comes what I agree it was was something terrestrial and common, not something little or un-known. I get flashback visuals of it's eyes staring back at me way too frequently both in my day and night dreams. 

The thing I keep thinking about when I get the flashbacks or talk about the experience is that it had to be approaching me as I was getting back in my vehicle. One thing I haven't mentioned, and I don't know why I didn't mention it, is that there were 2 other sets of eyes back in the wooded area behind it. Also the same scenario where I knew they were extremely tall, the same species of creature and all I could see was their eyes glowing and because of the huge space between their eyes I couldn't convince myself what they were. The 2 that were off in the distance were a good 80 feet away so I wasn't too concerned about them. The one that was standing 8 to 12 feet from my driver door.... 

I've been tempted to share pins on Google maps to explain this incident really well with actual maps (satellite) of the area thinking it might give some better insight of how it all happened and the environment type, etc. I haven't done that because making consideration of the privacy of the people that live there and the possibility that sharing info like that might be outside the rules or guidelines of these forums. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:04 AM, Doug said:

Look into dogman sightings. Wether or not you believe that something like this can exist, the videos of stories and articles that are written about are them are entertaining and the people who claim to have encountered them usually have the same feelings from the encounter as you described.

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 hour ago, Arel3 said:

Yes. I looked into Dogman when others mentioned it as a possibility. I also looked up the Type III Baoon/Gugwe creature you mentioned. A Gugwe is a possibility other than a bigfoot

This is probably more appropriate for the General Cryptozoology forum, so I won’t drift this topic too much in that direction.  But…

I was someone who originally kind of mocked the idea of upright canids, but then changed his stance once I had some first hand experiences.  I don’t know what they are, and I honestly don’t think that anyone does. But, there is something to the whole “Dogman” phenomenon.  

It gets defined by the more ludicrous elements (even more so than Sasquatch), but there is something very real going on there.  Something very different than a flesh and blood Sasquatch with a muzzle.  

Take it for what it’s worth.  

Perhaps a wendigo? Again, more for the "General Cryptozoology" section. But you can check into it. Tons of Native American stories though.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:03 PM, Arel3 said:

If I didn't have the notion it might have been a Sasquatch

Then what was your notion that it was a Sasquatch? Did you see two eyes' or one eye? Were the eye facing forward or were they on the side. Do you get this awfully dreadful feeling that you did not belong there and need to get out of there. This does not have to be fear related. It just has to be a dreadful feeling. Like something telling you to leave. A feeling that comes over you that in a way does leave fear in you. Can you return to that place in the dark with no problem?  My thought is that you might have had an encounter with a horse. This is just my opinion. If you do not want to answer me, I am fine with it.

1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

Perhaps a wendigo? Again, more for the "General Cryptozoology" section. But you can check into it. Tons of Native American stories though.

Thank you for the input. Not a Wendigo. I have Native American heritage. I was raised being taught ancestral ways and skills. The Wendigo is a folklore myth. It's not real. Even the origins of the myth of the Wendigo's creation are that it's nothing more than a story designed to persuade people not to be an a-hole, to be strong, resourceful, and never give up. Not exactly but to example it's something similar to how people pass the responsibility of guiding children into being a good, strong, honest, solid, determined person by telling them Santa Claus is watching so they better be good. 

The difference is failure to abide doesn't earn a bucket of coal the Wendigo kills by eating you. 

1 minute ago, ShadowBorn said:

Then what was your notion that it was a Sasquatch? Did you see two eyes' or one eye? Were the eye facing forward or were they on the side. Do you get this awfully dreadful feeling that you did not belong there and need to get out of there. This does not have to be fear related. It just has to be a dreadful feeling. Like something telling you to leave. A feeling that comes over you that in a way does leave fear in you. Can you return to that place in the dark with no problem?  My thought is that you might have had an encounter with a horse. This is just my opinion. If you do not want to answer me, I am fine with it.

If you read through this topic thread I answer all of those questions. I know the topic is long and has a lot of responses. 

I saw both eyes. Sometimes it turned it's head to look away at it's buddies behind it off in the distance. There were 2 other sets of eyes glowing in a wooded area maybe 80 to 100 feet behind it. I wasn't concerned about those 2. 

Yes. That's the exact feeling it gave me, as if I didn't belong there. I was trespassing in it's home but as long as I didn't damage anything and left peacefully...all good but get going. It wasn't exactly fear it was more confusion and somehow knowing what it was thinking, sort of in a way, that if I made the wrong move, moved too suddenly, and didn't get myself out of there it was going to get very ugly and this thing's intensions weren't to scare it was more like it was defending it's land from a trespasser that was welcome but it didn't want to make a lot of noise and commotion if it didn't have to.  

Yes. That is my most thought that if it was a familiar animal the only thing it could have been was a horse. I know horses well enough that they can be like that. There's a few things that make me believe it couldn't have been a horse. 

1. It was way taller than average horse. It would have had to have been something like a big boned Clydesdale with a thyroid problem (gigantism). This thing's eyes were at least 8 feet off the ground. It was 8-12 feet from my truck and still looking down at me. Even Clydesdale's aren't that big. There are buildings in that area that could be horse stables but I'm quite sure there aren't any giant horses as big as this thing was in this area. 

2. It turned it's head a few times. It didn't swing it's head like a horse does because of it's long neck it turned it's head like a human or ape does. When it turned it's head it's eyes remained on the same plane they didn't move to the side at all. 

3. I go through that area often enough during the day that if there were horses there I would see them. There's a pond right there that draws your eyes to the pond and the area around it. 

No. It's private property. Someone's home. I can't go back to scope things out. Where this all happened is about 1000 feet off the main road in front of the house's main entrances, on their property and it's not like I can act like I was just roaming or looking for a place to turn around because I was lost. It's not a big open driveway that leads to the house from the road it's a little, one-car wide dirt path with a one-car wide (private) bridge that crosses a river. 

2 hours ago, Arel3 said:

Thank you for the input. Not a Wendigo. I have Native American heritage. I was raised being taught ancestral ways and skills. The Wendigo is a folklore myth. It's not real. Even the origins of the myth of the Wendigo's creation are that it's nothing more than a story designed to persuade people not to be an a-hole, to be strong, resourceful, and never give up. Not exactly but to example it's something similar to how people pass the responsibility of guiding children into being a good, strong, honest, solid, determined person by telling them Santa Claus is watching so they better be good. 

The difference is failure to abide doesn't earn a bucket of coal the Wendigo kills by eating you. 

Jack Fiddler begs to differ.  Lol

• Like 2