DOES THE BLM & FOREST SERVICE HIDE BIGFOOT KNOWLEDGE FROM THE PUBLIC?

georgerm

On 3/20/2023 at 5:55 PM, norseman said:

.........I don’t think a pine cone cop is going to write a ticket to 160th SOAR.........

It happens........kinda'. There was a SEAL team that trained in the foothills of the Talkeetna Mountains near Willow, AK, one winter. It was a particularly cold, brutal period. The squad left a mess, including fuel spills. Didn't report it. Somebody coming onto the scene later reported it to state authorities. It got back to DoD. Our organization had to go and clean it up. There were hefty fines levied. DoD paid. The event was hushed up.

14 minutes ago, Huntster said:

It happens........kinda'. There was a SEAL team that trained in the foothills of the Talkeetna Mountains near Willow, AK, one winter. It was a particularly cold, brutal period. The squad left a mess, including fuel spills. Didn't report it. Somebody coming onto the scene later reported it to state authorities. It got back to DoD. Our organization had to go and clean it up. There were hefty fines levied. DoD paid. The event was hushed up.

The DOD paid the state of Alaska? I guess I could see that. But the Feds are not going to fine themselves.

5 hours ago, norseman said:

The DOD paid the state of Alaska?.........

Yeah. Fines. And DoD had to clean it up. I wasn't in on the admin on that one, but I'll bet the Army (us) billed the Navy (them) for the cleanup, too.

........ I guess I could see that. But the Feds are not going to fine themselves.

Oh, yes, they most certainly do. Different agencies most definitely fine and bill others. Environmental agencies are famous for fining other agencies.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Yeah. Fines. And DoD had to clean it up. I wasn't in on the admin on that one, but I'll bet the Army (us) billed the Navy (them) for the cleanup, too.

Oh, yes, they most certainly do. Different agencies most definitely fine and bill others. Environmental agencies are famous for fining other agencies.

But what about the original claim of not a claim of environmental waste, but simply using the land?  The USFS may not like the USAF SERE school but they have never sued anyone. The USAF does what they want here, and I’ve stumbled across USAF camps in the forest. 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, norseman said:

But what about the original claim of not a claim of environmental waste, but simply using the land?  The USFS may not like the USAF SERE school but they have never sued anyone. The USAF does what they want here, and I’ve stumbled across USAF camps in the forest. 🤷‍♂️

The USFS and BLM aren't gong to bless major military training exercises on their lands. Squad size foot traffic exercises like the SEAL team or SERE training? Yeah, it happens all the time. Here it's often on glaciers, which are usually BLM "lands" (ice) or high altitude mountains. There are probably long standing ISSAs (Interagency Service Support Agreements) governing such activities. When it comes to the inclusion of heavy military equipment, that's almost always on military lands. Commonly we'll see a greenie administrator try to shut down an ISSA when it expires, but DoD money is extra green, and they usually come to terms when the double press of money and political pressure comes into play.

I have no doubt you've found SERE camps. Like the SEAL camp I mentioned, they might leave a mess, especially if they were in rough weather. The land managers get pissed off, but it happens just like it does with members of the public. When those guys leave a mess, they get chewed on pretty good. Stuff like that has led to greater difficulty setting up good training ops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 5:02 PM, norseman said:

I am good friends with a former SERE instructor out of Fort Lewis. We used to work together in corporate security.  Great guy and has some funny stories about training in the mountains.  When I asked him about Bigfoot, he didn't want to talk about it.  

The next day he brought in one of his SERE maps and pointed to a corner of it and said that the US Government believes in Bigfoot and so did he...

ATQeSq-vTkuZWeRWS6oa7g.thumb.jpeg.72450f665f68403c885abe9d3f2fb1d0.jpegqPzouGDhQdKIrO9SqLJrSg.thumb.jpeg.f06aa4aed2e8738c51b25e0576358684.jpegK1rAuoG_SGCsI8Kt-LCYnw.thumb.jpeg.34ee35223676f4939a165b8159e20048.jpeg

• Thanks 2

BFF Patron

Yep, used that one for an avatar for awhile until I found the BF Wanted Poster one, difficult choice, two cool depictions.