Discovering Bigfoot Doc

katmando64

Hi, just wondering if anyone has seen the documentary "Discovering Bigfoot" done by Todd Standing featuring Dr Jeff Meldrum And the late Dr John Bindernagel?

He claims to have filmed many BF's and shows a few vids of his expeditions in Nordic Alberta.

if you have seen it, what do you think?

Thanks

3 hours ago, MIB said:

My personal opinion isn't one people who ask such questions usually want to hear .. so .. you've been warned.  :)   I think Todd Standing is a straight-up hoaxer.    I have not seen anything even vaguely legitimate with his stamp on it.    My .. suspicion .. is that at some point long ago he had an authentic "thing" happen but was unable to substantiate it so he did the unthinkable: he tried to manufacture the evidence he could not otherwise produce and he got caught at it.    It is too late for him.   There is nothing he can do, ever, that won't tainted by his past hoaxes.   Worse, any other researcher who is seen with him is tainted as well .. brings their judgement into doubt.

MIB

I agree with this assessment.

I can understand that yes esp with Dr Meldrum & Bindernagel, whom I felt were both taken advantage of. I wonder whether it's some kind of animatronics he made??? You never see a body, torso, arm. just faces behind stumps logs etc.  :guitar:

20 hours ago, MIB said:

My personal opinion isn't one people who ask such questions usually want to hear .. so .. you've been warned.  :)   I think Todd Standing is a straight-up hoaxer.    I have not seen anything even vaguely legitimate with his stamp on it.    My .. suspicion .. is that at some point long ago he had an authentic "thing" happen but was unable to substantiate it so he did the unthinkable: he tried to manufacture the evidence he could not otherwise produce and he got caught at it.    It is too late for him.   There is nothing he can do, ever, that won't tainted by his past hoaxes.   Worse, any other researcher who is seen with him is tainted as well .. brings their judgement into doubt.

MIB

SPOT ON! Standing is a hoaxer who has duped many well meaning folk like Les Stroud. But if you ask other more well known researchers (as i have), they will tell you he's a fraud. But...they always add the caveat of that being their opinion as apparently Standing is very sue happy.

His blinky "Squatch" puppet heads are laughable at best. Anything he's attached to gets an automatic "no" from me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Review the 'Matilda' fiasco. If you are a  Star Wars fan, you might be amused.

Yeah...Bobo and I had a "nice" FB chat over that. 

I'm surprised Lucasfilm or Disney jasnt filed suit

On 3/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, katmando64 said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone has seen the documentary "Discovering Bigfoot" done by Todd Standing featuring Dr Jeff Meldrum And the late Dr John Bindernagel?

He claims to have filmed many BF's and shows a few vids of his expeditions in Nordic Alberta.

if you have seen it, what do you think?

Thanks

Haven't seen it.  What are your thoughts on it?

Well, I thought there was good info (mostly coming from Meldrum, Bindernagel) but as for his videos, I'm a little skeptical of most, filmed in dark etc.. but a few are intriguing.

I did notice tho that Dr Meldrum left after 2 days and Dr Bindernagel seemed to be asked to uphold Todd's claims of this and that which he didn't hear or witness. Just my opinion. Who would you bring on your show to get the most viewers? lol those 2.

I have also seen "Discovering Bigfoot" and found Todd Standing to be less than authentic..a showman.

What is far worse than "Discovering Bigfoot" is Todd Standing as the self described "International Bigfoot Expert" in his self-documentary series "Tracking Sasquatch"...this series is arguably the very worst of the genre, absolutely horrible and utterly unwatchable.

In case you haven't seen it, here is Todd Standing's newest video; it came out about a month ago. Notice the title.

On 3/14/2023 at 3:04 AM, Long Hunter said:

I have also seen "Discovering Bigfoot" and found Todd Standing to be less than authentic..a showman.

What is far worse than "Discovering Bigfoot" is Todd Standing as the self described "International Bigfoot Expert" in his self-documentary series "Tracking Sasquatch"...this series is arguably the very worst of the genre, absolutely horrible and utterly unwatchable.

It would be difficult to pick the worst as there are so many choices.   

The idea of a Bigfoot Documentary as a concept is really simple:  Does or could Bigfoot exist?  Thus, a great documentary should make the best case as to why Bigfoot exists (or it doesn't). The best documentaries focus on that topic.

If done well it will even score some points among skeptics who at least admit some of the other side's points are fair points.  I think of Dr. Eric Began on one of these shows who complemented Jeff Meldrum and did leave open the possibility Bigfoot could exist.  He gave the reasonable position as to why established science hold the position Bigfoot is not a proven thing.  He even said he hoped Bigfoot does exist as it would be very interesting to his scientific discipline.  He gave props to Meldrum because his position, argument, and reasonable points were respectful.  That is quite a contrast vs Bobo appearing on Conan.

Munns, Meldrum and others make great points in documentaries of these sorts.  Thus, these are rated high on a scale of bad to good.

Meanwhile you have shows like Finding Bigfoot.  This show is so bad they talk of Bigfoot's like they know his favorite baseball team is or his favorite color.  You have Bobo running around with a "Squatchin' hat saying every twig snap is a 'squatch"    Those shows not only are harmful to the Bigfoot discussion, but they should be an embarrassment to any believer trying to make their best case to others Bigfoot could exist.   

I saw X Creatures which claimed to focus on the PGF.   It was a really weak hit piece designed to attack the PGF (in a really ineffective and lazy way) to convince us the PGF was a hoax.   I wish a PGF documentary could be put out where those who think it is a hoax have to actually make their best case (one better than x creatures).   Focus on the film and let each side make their best case.  What do we get instead?   A bunch of embarrassing junk.   Who is the poster boy of the Bigfoot is real argument?   Bobo in a 'gone squatchin' hat.  

Imagine a public seeing a documentary where the following was presented:

- PGF suit replicating failure using 1967 materials

- and Munns like explanation of step by step of what the film shows with starts and stops

- showing how the film was at its most stable point when Roger was closest to Patty near the time of the turn back

-footprint evidence which goes with the PGF itself

-Jim McClariins similar but not same traveling to the site for his walk the following spring.

and so on.

The truth is, most bigfoot documentaries I have watched on the subject are pretty bad and that is being kind.   

Here is your representative.   And we wonder why they don't take the subject seriously...

image.jpeg.aa463e32a8d417a76e52028ca7d4f3b1.jpeg

(I don't dislike Bobo or his passion but that is not the point)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1