Discovering Bigfoot Doc

katmando64

• 1 month later...

My blush on watching it:

I have to start by saying infatically that Todd Standing, although he may be a good guy personally, has some nuts loose. He's like that guy you know that's a good guy, but he's always over the top and has a tendency towards the "unpredictable". Based only on his media, I don't find his personality conducive to public trust. 

That being said, is there SOME value to what he has produced. Maybe there is. The "tree breaks"? maybe some are genuine. We can't say what they mean. The Tree structures? Maybe. If Todd is out there alone day-in-day-out he could go along the road and break trees. The structures may HAVE been done by people decades ago. That's a possibility that I don't think can be discounted. Behind my grandmothers house there are all kinds of old "structures" with large trees leaned in tee-pee shapes. Myself and my freinds put them there in middle school just because. Maybe 15 years later someone is calling it a sasquatch structure. I have no clue.

The night-time encounter with the flare I bluntly don't beleive. The head shots are another one I lean to skepticism on. My question to myself Is also this; if the pictures came from someone I trust would I beleive them? I think the person originating a photo of that quality does play into it for me in large part.

The most plausible video I've seen of his is the video of a bipedal animal running up a steep ridge taking massive strides. That one might be legitimate given the behavior of the animal and the level of difficulty to stage. 

Taking in Tod Standings media is like drinking from a fire hose, it's very flashy and the evidence he presents is just far too clear and too much of it for me to say that he's completely legitimate.

The Survivorman bigfoot episodes and directors commentaries I think do a good job of exposing his personality. I think this is because, ultimately Tod didn't have control of the editing and so we get a good sample of his psychological profile through his interactions with Les. 

Discovering bigfoot was entertaining. You just grab a beer, hit the couch, and take a ride.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

. Is it just me or do the forearms of the creature going up the steep hill, almost look like extensions of some sort? I watched the clip as it repeated, and while those strides would be tough to pull off as an average person(though by his own admission, Todd "has always been very athletic" so.....) Something struck me as false looking about the forearms. Sure, I've never seen a sasquatch, much less one climbing a slope, but those reminded me of the extensions you see in gorilla costumes to facilitate knuckle walking.