Anyone have any recent photos of a Bigfoot they took ?

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Only if it's legal. DNA can make it legal. After that, science will collect the specimens as they so desire. But then, you already knew this, right? However, if for some strange reason you didn't already know after all this time? You do now. There are laws.

What laws? The US legal system only pertains to Homo Sapiens. There is no legal precedent for any other species to have legal representation. Labs own Chimpanzees and do experiments on them. Chimpanzees are our closest living relatives.👌

With that said? How many Homo Sapien type specimens are in our museums right now?🤨

https://news.artnet.com/market/its-not-just-art-that-indigenous-peoples-want-back-from-museums-they-want-their-ancestors-human-remains-too-1397737/amp-page

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, norseman said:

What laws? The US legal system only pertains to Homo Sapiens. There is no legal precedent for any other species to have legal representation. Labs own Chimpanzees and do experiments on them. Chimpanzees are our closest living relatives.👌

With that said? How many Homo Sapien type specimens are in our museums right now?🤨

https://news.artnet.com/market/its-not-just-art-that-indigenous-peoples-want-back-from-museums-they-want-their-ancestors-human-remains-too-1397737/amp-page

This is the precise reason I've repeatedly cited for why the government wants these creature to remain a myth. The very last thing that they want on earth is another human species.

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

This is the precise reason I've repeatedly cited for why the government wants these creature to remain a myth. The very last thing that they want on earth is another human species.

Oh I don’t know? Imagine what the environmentalists could do with an ape man in the forests. Look what they did with the spotted owl?

But maybe you’re right? If the 911 books are true? They may have to take on a lot of responsibility and lawsuits? 

I like the truth. Just like with UFO’s? But with the government the truth is never forth coming…..ever.🙄

31 minutes ago, norseman said:

Your a hunter so your post isn't even relevant. Having said that, there isn't one single good reason for me to hash through all of this all over again for the hundredth time. I truly dislike circular arguments that seem to always find their way back into a discussion.

4 minutes ago, norseman said:

Imagine what the environmentalists could do with an ape man in the forests. Look what they did with the spotted owl?

Oh those nasty, evil little environmentalists!! LOL

https://foresthistory.org/research-explore/us-forest-service-history/policy-and-law/wildlife-management/spotted-owl-timeline/

https://foresthistory.org/research-explore/us-forest-service-history/policy-and-law/wildlife-management/spotted-owl-timeline/1984-final-environmental-impact-statement-published/

Even so, it still took six more years , up to 1990, for the FWS to declare the spotted own as endangered. Government may move slow, but it does move.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

.........Imagine what the environmentalists could do with an ape man in the forests.........

Oh, you can be sure that they'll be out for their ton of flesh like everybody else.

Edited by Huntster

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

........Government may move slow, but it does move.

Except when they don't have to, and as long as sasquatches remain mythical, government doesn't have to manage them, the lands they may live on, or the rest of us with regard to this primitive human cousin.

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Your a hunter so your post isn't even relevant. Having said that, there isn't one single good reason for me to hash through all of this all over again for the hundredth time. I truly dislike circular arguments that seem to always find their way back into a discussion.

Yes, you have a nasty habit of spreading disinformation when you KNOW it to be wrong. There is NO circular argument. You’re the one who butted into my comment that was not directed at you….remember?

Dr. Mayor lays it all out with her discovery of the new species of Lemur in Madagascar. Two Lemurs were collected and live in captivity. When they die? They will become the species type specimens! I posted the video awhile back.

For obviously reasons this is not possible with a 800 lbs elusive dangerous ape man that is supposed to break the necks of running Elk.

*******DNA discovery or no? Two type specimens will be collected for science******** 

8 hours ago, norseman said:

*******DNA discovery or no? Two type specimens will be collected for science********

I don't doubt that. But that's not the issue. The issue is a private citizen shouldn't be the one out gunning for these things. The LAWS I spoke of weren't referencing HUMAN laws. I was referring to HUNTING laws. That's why I said you're a hunter. You're a law abiding citizen, Norseman, and a law abiding hunter. And if it wasn't an absolute dire situation to put food on the table I know you would NEVER go out and poach a deer, bear, elk, or any other animal. So why not use DNA to it's the fullest potential to at least verify this creature's existence before going out and poaching one- which is what it would be, and which I know goes against your grain in a truly big way.

I say all of this because I have great respect for you, NOT because I just want to give you a hard time. I NEVER want to give you a hard time and I'm sorry if it comes across that way- it's highly non-productive and only hurts the goal of discovery.

Edited by hiflier

40 minutes ago, hiflier said:

..........The issue is a private citizen shouldn't be the one out gunning for these things.........

Nobody should. They're human. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

I don't doubt that. But that's not the issue. The issue is a private citizen shouldn't be the one out gunning for these things. The LAWS I spoke of weren't referencing HUMAN laws. I was referring to HUNTING laws. That's why I said you're a hunter. You're a law abiding citizen, Norseman, and a law abiding hunter. And if it wasn't an absolute dire situation to put food on the table I know you would NEVER go out and poach a deer, bear, elk, or any other animal. So why not use DNA to it's the fullest potential to at least verify this creature's existence before going out and poaching one- which is what it would be, and which I know goes against your grain in a truly big way.

I say all of this because I have great respect for you, NOT because I just want to give you a hard time. I NEVER want to give you a hard time and I'm sorry if it comes across that way- it's highly non-productive and only hurts the goal of discovery.

I have zero intentions of eating a Bigfoot….. I am not hunting Bigfoot for food. It’s only for scientific discovery, ok?

Only ONE county in Washington state is it a misdemeanor to harm a Bigfoot. ONE. And who would not take the misdemeanor to make one of the biggest discoveries in human history??? I would!

And again for the millionth time? I’m not against collecting DNA samples. But why collect a DNA sample if one is looking right at you? How many sightings get reported on a yearly basis? All lost opportunities.

Let’s stop judging each other and get off our high horses and focus on the most field expedient way of proving this cryptid a real animal. I don’t make the rules with science. DNA and type specimens are interlinked. Most DNA comes from a chunk of the animal….typically deceased. Science doesn’t care if it was natural causes or the bush meat trade. What it is, how many it is and how to properly manage the species???

Comes after it’s no longer a CRYPTID!!!

No fish and game agency is debating or putting money into managing Pixies or Gnomes or Mothmen or Werewolves. And Bigfoot will get no consideration for conservation either as long as it remains in this camp….

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I have zero intentions of eating a Bigfoot….. I am not hunting Bigfoot for food. It’s only for scientific discovery, ok?

No reason to even say that ;)

But why collect a DNA sample if one is looking right at you?

Because one hasn't looked at you so why wait for that when you don't have to?

DNA and type specimens are interlinked. Most DNA comes from a chunk of the animal….typically deceased.

Then why does the Forestry Service scoop up snow tracks for DNA of wolves, wolverines, and Canada Lynx when they know the animals exist. The snow tracks should tell any experienced fur bearer expert what made those tracks. Why the DNA. So would Sasquatch leave DNA in snow? You betcha!

17 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........Then why does the Forestry Service scoop up snow tracks for DNA of wolves, wolverines, and Canada Lynx when they know the animals exist..........

Because they submitted proposals for funding to do so under the auspices of the management of wildlife on government owned and classified lands, and they got that funding, primarily to strengthen their power over that land and wildlife resource.

They DON'T do so with sasquatch tracks because they have no desire or intent on managing sasquatches

Now ask me why that's so. I dare ya'..........

Why is that so? ;)

WAIT, WAIT, I Know! Pick me! Pick me! Because it would say they exist?

Edited by hiflier

• gigantor locked this topic