If Camped And Bf Threatens..........

georgerm

Nothing more deadly then a protective mother, regardless of species.

Well it's just so descriptive, no bump and run, no Aussi peel, just AMF...Adios Mother Friend :rolleyes:

At the time I was "tactical" when out looking for them, all that Marine Corps training is good for dealing with everday people or even the enemy. But not Sasquatches...I skulked and lurked.....I moved like I hunter or predator...very unwise of me. I came to realize that within a few days of this incident...I looked like an enemy to them, and by my movements I was treating them like one, even though my thoughts where nothing of the sort.

Now I am much more confident, yet casual and hopefully inconspicuously observant. I will whistle and hum little tunes, talk to myself etc. I operate now the way one should in bear country, letting them know I am near, no surprises. I would rather have one choose to make some type of contact, choose to avoid me altogether, or choose ahead of time to intimidate me then a surpirse encounter, where we both react instinctively...which can be really bad for squishy humans.

Edited by Tautriadelta

It wasn't a scream that set me running, it was very low, very serious, very visceral growl, followed by the sound of a large fallen limb being picked up from the ground.

That's a very interesting and very scary account of your encounter, Tdelta. Thanks for sharing. Hey, if they brandish big tree parts then, why not carry at least a nice size revolver (for defense). We are all Children of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars, we have a right to be here. :thumbsup:

That's a very interesting and very scary account of your encounter, Tdelta. Thanks for sharing. Hey, if they brandish big tree parts then, why not carry at least a nice size revolver (for defense). We are all Children of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars, we have a right to be here.

What good will brandishing a gun do?you will not see a thing then.If you think you see a creature walk up to it to see if it will move if it does not then it is confirmed that it is a stump.Even better at night through night vision when you see eyes staring at you.If you think it it is a Sas at night walk up to it to see if it is a Sas .the worst it will do is shake the brush ,throw some rocks ,or run away.most of the time it it is either another animal but how will you know unless you find out.

I have been growled at where i have ended up sick for a week after the incident.there has been times that i have been disorientaded in the forest for no apparent reason.the disorientaion has been where i have been unable to us my GPS or compass.Not sure if it is because of them or some thing within the forest.But there is alot of wierd stuff that has happen that I cannot explain.

There are many Bigfoot witnesses who had guns with them during their encounter, Julio. Just to be clear, I am firmly in the no-kill, no-shoot camp unless of course a person has to defend themselves which, they might be perfectly within their rights to do. Also, there seem to be an increasing number of other wild animal attacks in areas that might also be suitable for Bigfoot. So, don't carry a gun if you don't want to but, it is unrealistic to expect others to do the same.

xspider1

I am not saying not to carry a pistol while in the woods ,my concern is the word Brandishing which means to:

bran·dish (brndsh)

tr.v. bran·dished, bran·dish·ing, bran·dish·es

1. To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly.

2. To display ostentatiously. See Synonyms at flourish.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/brandishing

which means just that.

These creatures understand what guns can do and if you brandish your gun they will run away from you and what good will that do since you are there to understand them.that is all i meant by what i said. :)

Guest HairyGreek

Then I will certainly carry one when I camp. The idea of Sas being real is cool, but I am not interested in a personal encounter on their turf armed or unarmed. I don't care what witnesses say about them being big forest buddies...

Y'all need to man up here & get over being afraid of them.

My neighbor has two dogs that won't let anybody in her yard except the family. One day, she was surprised to hear a knock on the door, among loud growls & snarls. It was the Hispanic kid from down the road. She asked him if the dogs had bitten him & he said "No they won't bite, because they know I'm not afraid."

Guest HairyGreek

My retort to that would be I certainly would not be afraid if I had a .454 Casul on my side and a (dealer's pick on brand) 30.06 in hand. They can growl and bark and throw rocks all they want at that point.

HairyGreek

You have to look at them like you would with dogs.Dogs know how to sence people and if a person is going to be agressive towards the master of that dog well he is going to protect that master.

Well in my opionion these creatures seem to be the same way and can some how sence a persons intention.whether that person is going to be agressive or not towards them.This is whay I am having a hard understanding what happen in northern California.Normaly they are not agressive unless they do not want you in thier area.

Camping is a different story because now they have come to you so that makes it a different game.They are now curius about you which now makes them non agressive.when in camp they will raid and they look through your stuff but never take nothing ,and they will rummage through things.How i know this cause it has happen to me thats how i know.Theyalway have one that watches your camp and when the camp is clear, that is when they raid.

Same goes with houses where people find things missing but blow it off as forget fullness or some other unexplanable event.But there is nothing wrong with being armed because we have no idea what these creature intentions are at the time of the encounter occurs.Alot could go wrong by doing the wrong thing and a creature there size there is not much we could to stop them.

I think about that every time i step into the woods on how they can easly run up on my six with a rock in hand and knock the f out of me and there is no way I could of stopped it.It is worst at night where i cannot even see them and i mean them where they can easly ambush me or any one of us and do as they will and we cannot stop them.Respect is the best thing .

Sorry if i got off track

Edited by grayjay
Forum Rules 2A

Guest HairyGreek

You can take down an enraged charging bull elephant with one single well-placed shot out of a conventional hunting rifle built to do exactly this task. We have handguns that can take down Grizzly. I am sorry, but it is silly to think these creatures can't be shot and killed outside believing they are supernatural and that would be heading way off topic on this thread.

HG, I never said they can't be shot or killed. I don't know whether they can or not. But I have witnessed a perfectly good gun that refused to shoot until one of their coyotes was below the crest of a hill, then the gun would shoot.

A friend of Hubby's told him that the same thing happened to him.

Maybe a coincidence & maybe not.

Guest HairyGreek

No worries, Sasfooty! I was more addressing julio126's post. Sometimes guns don't go off. It happens. The why's are debatable.