Interesting anomaly or something else?

NorCalWitness

On 6/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, Catmandoo said:

Years ago, I heard some one 'speak in tongues'. I was not able to draw any conclusions.

How do you know?  

I had a situation many years ago where I listened to a guy ranting a bit.   I'll be vague about location, activity, and words to comply with "da roolz".   The people I was with seemed freaked out about it .. mostly, apparently, over concern about how I'd react to it.   React to what?   I can't validate what they claimed.   I heard **English** ... mundane words appropriate to the setting.   So I wonder, were they messin' with me or did something weird happen that I did not perceive as weird?    (I figure that's always a good question.)

6 hours ago, MIB said:

How do you know?

. The 'tongue' speaker was from a very religious family.  He said that he could speak in tongues and a several persons asked for an example. He spoke in tongues but none of us understood anything. He was not 'speaking' to his network of religious friends. It was interesting but I was not tuned in.

On 6/9/2023 at 10:51 PM, Madison5716 said:

He's on the "wait and see more" list. 

He has a trail camera and a dog.  A popular belief is that dogs can see ghosts but I don't know if a certain breed works best. The dog aspect has potential.

The trail camera appeared to be too far away from the target.  Heat is atomic / molecular vibration and whether or not the PIR of the camera can detect the anomaly waits to be seen or 'not seen' as in a false positive triggering the camera. Watch the fox in the video. It meanders one way, turns back and peers off into the darkness and then goes exit, stage left. I watch ears and noses of animals that are in front of game cameras. 'Pointing' ears and noses may be a clue.

I know my cat, Jolly, sees things I can't. He'll be stretched out seemingly asleep on his tower or a piece of furniture and the next second he's up with his ears perked up and focused on something outside like a missile tracking radar. It's a real "Sixth Sense" vibe; I wonder if he's thinking "I see dead voles!"

• Haha 1

Interesting. It looks like double exposure to me but that generally doesn't happen to digital cameras, so they say. I have had similar things happen taking still photos with a digital camera. My experiences of that happening in digital photography were the result of the lighting I was taking the photo in which could be the case with this too. 

I am not accusing that the footage was edited. Nor did I edit the photos I mentioned this kind of thing happening to me in. It was the lighting. 

Another thing I think we should consider is that the movement looks like someone at a camp site putting up a tarp or something and they dropped the tarp. It doesn't make any sense to me that an animal would be making motions like that for any reason. The movement of whatever the image is doesn't make any sense for an animal to be doing. As I really look at it on youtube, full screen, and using youtube's options to slow the video down it actually looks like the bug screen on the guy's hat got double exposed.

It's extremely rare for double exposure to accidentally happen on a digital camera but it's not impossible for it to happen. As I've shared I've had it happen to me. 

I've done some double exposure work years ago with film cameras, a Mamiya C330  twin lens reflex as well as several twin lens models from Yashica. It was easier to do in camera than in the darkroom as the shutter could be manually cocked without advancing the film; also, most of the time I used color film for double exposures and I only processed B & W print film. Most recent digital models can do it in camera, though with the extra steps involved I would think it more convenient to it in editing after downloading. I believe the videographer uses a Go Pro; the newest Hero III has added three features for night photography, Star Trails, Light Painting and Vehicle Light Trails. It has ISO and shutter speed adjustment capability so that might allow daytime use. The problem I see, and related in post four of this thread, is that foreground objects (the rise of ground and tree) appear to block the subject under discussion. I don't do anything with video other than phone videos of the cat and other family members, so no idea how, or even if, that could be done or what level of hardware and software would be necessary if it is possible.

On 6/12/2023 at 3:50 PM, NorthWind said:

His twin brother has a channel where he speaks to spirits in his kitchen sink.

Not kidding. Channel name is "Optimal Frequency". Pretty sure they live in Ontario Canada near Lake Nipissing.

He's from North Bay and I just noticed we have some Facebook friends in common.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, Arel3 said:

Interesting. It looks like double exposure to me but that generally doesn't happen to digital cameras, so they say. I have had similar things happen taking still photos with a digital camera. My experiences of that happening in digital photography were the result of the lighting I was taking the photo in which could be the case with this too. 

I am not accusing that the footage was edited. Nor did I edit the photos I mentioned this kind of thing happening to me in. It was the lighting. 

Another thing I think we should consider is that the movement looks like someone at a camp site putting up a tarp or something and they dropped the tarp. It doesn't make any sense to me that an animal would be making motions like that for any reason. The movement of whatever the image is doesn't make any sense for an animal to be doing. As I really look at it on youtube, full screen, and using youtube's options to slow the video down it actually looks like the bug screen on the guy's hat got double exposed.

It's extremely rare for double exposure to accidentally happen on a digital camera but it's not impossible for it to happen. As I've shared I've had it happen to me. 

That's why i say it's peppers ghost illusion. It's a reflection off a piece of glass of a person doing just that, dropping something like a tarp. 

• Like 1

I’m of the opinion, that as we devolve to the digital media age, things like this can be faked, or occur naturally more often than we’d like.   As technology evolves, it may attempt to fill in holes.   Who knows what that ends up looking like?  I will not be surprised if that comes up in a digital file as an anomaly and not manipulated.  It’s a digital process doing its best to process the data in its view. 🤷🏻🤷🏻

On 6/19/2023 at 5:43 PM, Doodler said:

That's why i say it's peppers ghost illusion. It's a reflection off a piece of glass of a person doing just that, dropping something like a tarp. 

I guess it could be created this way. But saying this is what it is without any proof other than your opinion that it is "something like a tarp" isn't a great argument. 

On 6/22/2023 at 3:48 PM, NorCalWitness said:

I guess it could be created this way. But saying this is what it is without any proof other than your opinion that it is "something like a tarp" isn't a great argument. 

There is no other explanation. Any other explanation requires jumping through mystical magical unreproducible hoops. And it literally looks like the dude with a tarp. But maybe it's a sheet.

Vs just putting a plate of plexi at a 45 degree angle in front of a camera and reproducing the effect every single time.

Heck, go to Disney and ride the Haunted Mansion ride. They reproduce this illusion for tens of thousands of people a day.

On 6/24/2023 at 10:53 AM, Doodler said:

There is no other explanation. Any other explanation requires jumping through mystical magical unreproducible hoops. And it literally looks like the dude with a tarp. But maybe it's a sheet.

Vs just putting a plate of plexi at a 45 degree angle in front of a camera and reproducing the effect every single time.

Heck, go to Disney and ride the Haunted Mansion ride. They reproduce this illusion for tens of thousands of people a day.

You not being able to explain it doesn't mean its a guy with a tarp or with a pane of glass. I am pretty sure there are options for an explanation that are not tarp or glass, or "mystical magical unreproducible hoops".

17 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

You not being able to explain it doesn't mean its a guy with a tarp or with a pane of glass. I am pretty sure there are options for an explanation that are not tarp or glass, or "mystical magical unreproducible hoops".

Who can't explain it?

This is the entire sequence of events from start to finish: The photographer decides to scam people. He goes out into the woods, points his camera at some trees, sets up a piece of plastic or glass on a stand in front of the camera. This glass is at an angle to the lens, and between the lens and the woods, about 3 feet from the lens. The photographer then hits "record" and stands off to the side such that his reflection appears to the lens in the plate of glass. The photographer then drops the tarp he's holding and makes "ugga buga" ghost noises. The photographer then edits the video to cut it, to make it appear he didn't step away, pick up the tarp, stand there, put it over his head, then drop it. The photographer then uploads the video with a story about magic and translucent monsters. Or even more simply, someone came with him. People actually believe him. Fin, as the French say.

There are quite a few videos on youtube that explain how this reflection illusion works. It looks exactly like a dude with a blanket or tarp wrapped around him. 

What are the other explanations? Something translucent lives in those woods and wears tarps?