Interesting anomaly or something else?

NorCalWitness

4 hours ago, Doodler said:

Who can't explain it?

This is the entire sequence of events from start to finish: The photographer decides to scam people. He goes out into the woods, points his camera at some trees, sets up a piece of plastic or glass on a stand in front of the camera. This glass is at an angle to the lens, and between the lens and the woods, about 3 feet from the lens. The photographer then hits "record" and stands off to the side such that his reflection appears to the lens in the plate of glass. The photographer then drops the tarp he's holding and makes "ugga buga" ghost noises. The photographer then edits the video to cut it, to make it appear he didn't step away, pick up the tarp, stand there, put it over his head, then drop it. The photographer then uploads the video with a story about magic and translucent monsters. Or even more simply, someone came with him. People actually believe him. Fin, as the French say.

There are quite a few videos on youtube that explain how this reflection illusion works. It looks exactly like a dude with a blanket or tarp wrapped around him. 

What are the other explanations? Something translucent lives in those woods and wears tarps?

You are explaining your theory. You aren't providing proof other than that it could be done. Not a very defensible position. Not saying you are wrong, but your argument is extremely poor. 

• 4 weeks later...

Translucent Bigfoot strikes again!  :rock:  Seriously though, whatever that is, or isn't, I hope it eats mosquitoes!

Points I've read here and made that I'd like to emphasize:

- It doesn't make any sense for an animal to be moving like that. 
- Motive to publish a faked video on YouTube exists. 

I don't personally think it's faked I think it's a camera phenomenon. 

It's an interesting video.