Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

Scanned from Meet the Sasquatch by Chris Murphy:

Skookumanimalbyroad.jpg

Skookum corners without the circles (1st two cast, 3rd replica):

Skookumcorner.jpgSkookumcorner2.jpgSkookumcornerreplica.jpg

Apparently the remarkable rising elk had uncloven hooves - or no hooves at all - at a 90° angle to its legs.

Should I post the 8" imprint again?

Scanned from Meet the Sasquatch by Chris Murphy:

Skookumanimalbyroad.jpg

Skookum corners without the circles (1st two cast, 3rd replica):

Skookumcorner.jpgSkookumcorner2.jpgSkookumcornerreplica.jpg

Apparently the remarkable rising elk had uncloven hooves - or no hooves at all - at a 90° angle to its legs.

Should I post the 8" imprint again?

My own impression, and I'm sure Matt Crowley's was the same, that the hooves were impressing on their sides in these tracks. I don't see any hand prints there.

Do you have any nice scans of the Achilles tendon from LMS? (pg. 117, 121)

RayG

These are probably better (note the coyote print):

SkookumHeel-1.jpg

SkookumHeel-2.jpg

I've scanned a picture from MtS but I'll have to get it out of another computer and that's too much like work right now. If I have time before class to scan those pages from Jeff's book tomorrow I will. I've already scanned and posted the peel. Right now I have something more important to do - like sleep.

In the meantime this is part of one of DDA's posts on BFF1:

"OK... for those that may not know this stuff, although I am sure it has been posted here before... The original impression is a female. A Hydrocal cast was made from it, destroying the original impression. Dr. Jeff Meldrum and Ron Brown at Derek Randles residence cleaned the cast. The cast was used to make a latex rubber female mold with a mother mold backing. This in turn was used to make a latex rubber male mold and mother mold. The two pieces exhibited at the Texas museum were made from these rubber mother molds and then painted to simulate the original mud coloration. BC artists produced them. They typically color their works. These pieces were made out of gel coat and fiberglass with a light plaster backing and steel rod reinforcement with a wood border.

Each of the molds contains three dissimilar materials and the actual copies contain yet again three dissimilar materials. This is mentioned because the rubber molds do not fit the pieces anymore since the dissimilar materials contracted and expanded differently from one another with curing. Steel, Hydrocal plaster, gel coat, POP, fiberglass and polyester resin, wood. The paint detracts from the pieces if the desire is to quantify. Do not think these pieces are like something from Bone Clones.

Mixing of all materials was by eyesight and experience. I do not think they are museum grade pieces though they serve the purpose they were intended for."

You know what? nevermind...I could go on and on about who is and who isn't being petty, but grayjay has asked us not to.

If a person can't read the thread to date and clearly figure out who is and isn't, I can't help them...

Edited by Mulder

SkookumHeel-2.jpg

That's one of them. Notice how thin the supposed Achilles tendon is on the one on the left, and how flat to the ground it is?

RayG

Quick question, perhaps it has been covered (repeatedly), and honestly I am being too lazy to read through 20 pages of debate that I have stayed away from....

Were there hair flow patterns on the BOTTOM of the supposed heel/w achilles? If there was hair flow around the bottom, wouldn't that effectively show that what is claimed to be a heel was in fact not, as no primate grows hair on the bottom of its foot? The only pic I have seen of Skookum hair-flow is from LMS and is so tiny as to be useless...

The hair flow stopped above the heel. There were coarse dermatoglyphics below that.

img041a.jpg

I think she may mean

only crushed because it pushed off on the wrist. :) Edited by 127

Thanks, forgot about that pic. Never really took it into much consideration because it is kinda difficult to tell what I am looking at, let alone what might resemble hair/hair flow. <shrug> Looks more like a Rorschach test, due to a lack of side by side with the heel. Honestly seems difficult to tell where the hair ends. Maybe just me though.

Edit to add: Wait there are three separate heel strikes. Where are the latex hair flow lifts for those? Was that done? Why were those not included, since the heel detail is the lynchpin of the BF trace argument? If you look in LMS, pg. 118, it appears from the comparison pic that one of the heel strikes does show hair flow extending to, well, where it shouldn't...Hard to tell from the size of the illustration though. ??? The middle heel strike? I am not presuming anything really, since I like most have never seen the thing in person and am not credentialed to examine that kind of trace, but...anyone else see what I see?

Edited by notgiganto

Do you mean this, notgiganto?

hairflow.jpg

Try these:

HeelsinHi-res.jpgHeelandHintofPrint.jpgDermalRidgesonHeels-1.jpgPutativeheelstrikes-1.jpg

That bigfoot sure did like banging its heel against the ground for some reason. The position indicated by the figure you posted earlier does not explain the location of the impressions claimed. (dont fit) Also, how did those heels sink so deep in "frozen mud"?

(meanwhile, the real animals there left plenty of sign, including birds, and the elk moved around a little on its wrists while it ate or laid)

Edited by 127

Do you mean this, notgiganto?

hairflow.jpg

This was the pic I was looking at, from LMS. What I noticed was the hair flow shown on the middle heel print. To me, it appears that what is shown as hair flow seems to go awfully far over what is purported to be the heel, seemingly covering (what should/could be) the calcaneus and extending towards what should be the sole of the foot in the middle heel print. Compare that with the far left heel print ( I assume the one that the previous pic of the latex hair lift was taken from). The far heel print shows hair down TO the calcaneus, but not covering it. Shouldn't: A. the hair cover the same area on both? And B. If these are primate heel prints, why would hair cover the calcaneus so far towards/over the sole of the foot? I wish I was better with computers so that I could draw our notorious read circles... :lol:

I don't see that on the larger impressions, but hair goes pretty far down on chimp feet

PDVD_030-2.jpg

and on another purported unidentified hominid primate we know

. PattysButtView5-4.jpg

Maybe slippage would account for it if a hair impression is there?

<edited for clarity and spacing>

Edited by LAL

• masterbarber unpinned this topic