Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

^^^This.

Look, we are way past the point now that any single piece of evidence will be accepted as proof.  (I think most here severely underestimate how difficult it will be for a body to negotiate the chain of custody to recognition by the community at large.)

But, in the case of Skookum, a recognized authority went from skeptic to proponent on this one piece of evidence.  If that isn't compelling, you and I need to go to the dictionary and look that word up and talk about stuff.

And I will never ever ever see an elk get up from soil that can leave prints, and not leave tracks and leg imprints right under it.  (And it says much that stuff offered by skeptics as proof that I am wrong...proves that I am right.)

Edited by DWA

How could a bigfoot that is covered in hair, lay in the mud, move around trying to reach for fruit only lose one hair and leave no tracks to or from the mudhole? But elk, deer, bear, and coyote left tracks and hair. 

Two years ago I saw a doe bedded down on my atv trail as I was walking up it. So I went back down the trail and came up later. The doe was gone so I walked over to where she had bedded down. There were hair in it but not one single deer track was in it. So does that mean the doe levitated away? I don't think so. So if a deer can leave no tracks in its bed I think it's possible an elk could do it too.

Substrate didn't take prints, simple as that.  Most substrates don't take them well.  Physics is physics.  Skookum involves levitation if it was an elk.   Absence of prints outside the wallow explained (to those who have read up); things don't leave hair everywhere they go; posture implied by cast documented by apes in zoos.

Swindler over anyone disagreeing with him, until someone comes up with a substantive reason, i.e., a good scientific justification, for disagreeing with him.  No, not finding enough hair in the wallow isn't substantive, see.

Edited by DWA

I agree cmbigfoot. There could be any number of reasons why there were no hoof prints in the mud hole.

The illistrations in this and other threads indictate very clearly that it was an elk yet people still can't see it.

Things like this make me very leary of bigfootery in general because if this the work product of our best and brightest then this field is in really poor shape.

Um, no.  the illustrations very clearly show the opposite.  As I have clearly shown.  But denial works ^^^that way.

These people are *actively looking at something that clearly contradicts what they say it shows;* a noted expert in just the field required disagrees; and look at that.

Things like this caused me to long since give up on denialists in general because if this the work product of their best and brightest then they are in really poor shape. 

How could a bigfoot that is covered in hair, lay in the mud, move around trying to reach for fruit only lose one hair and leave no tracks to or from the mudhole? But elk, deer, bear, and coyote left tracks and hair.

Two years ago I saw a doe bedded down on my atv trail as I was walking up it. So I went back down the trail and came up later. The doe was gone so I walked over to where she had bedded down. There were hair in it but not one single deer track was in it. So does that mean the doe levitated away? I don't think so. So if a deer can leave no tracks in its bed I think it's possible an elk could do it too.

Ive been a hunter all my life and Ive never seen a deer bed down in a mud wallow. a trail or a road are general hard packed because humans are driving heavy objects on them. mud wallows are soft, which is exactly the reason why they left the fruit there in the first place! Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

Norseman...

Minus the lack of either bigfoot or elk tracks, disregarding the other signs around the mudhole and other peoples claims....

What do you see in the cast itself?

I see something thats very comfortable laying and playing around on the ground. But Im just a layman, but as a hunter my first instinct is to say black bear. I think much of it comes down to a supposed heel impression.

Obviously a Bear heel and a enlarged human like heel look different, but again Its above my pay grade and i wasnt there.

I just dont agree that it was a elk that made that impression although they certainly where there at different times.

Now my turn, do you feel its a elk lay because of your experience with elk, or you do not believe in the possibility of Sasquatch?

Edited by norseman

I have seen the impression of a bull elk in a wallow near the Indian Heaven racetrack just a few miles to the south of the Meadows. It rolled on it's side and raked it's antlers though the mud, very visible. Then it stood up in it's body print, leaving very visible tracks.

I've inspected many elk beds and the substrate, usually under grass, seldom shows tracks. Something else missing is a pile of elk pellets in the center of the bed. They almost always defecate when leaving their bed.

I am in agreement with MIB and Norseman. I'm not sure what it was but it probably wasn't an elk.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but Thom Powell in his book The Locals, discusses the skookum cast and says the plan was originally his idea. Anyway, his description seemed to be a little more in depth than the BFRO report.

• Upvote 1

For known animals? Bears crawl, slide, sit on their butts, roll around like a ball and can be just as playful as any ape or human.

Edited by norseman

Now my turn, do you feel its a elk lay because of your experience with elk, or you do not believe in the possibility of Sasquatch?

I think it's an elk because I can clearly see the impressions made by elk or an elk like creature. Exactly like the animated gif. In my opinion it is a near exact match.

The cast was full of elk hair.

Like you have experience with elk I have experience with people:

Brian Smith, who once upon a time was a respectd, active and trusted researcher in this field, worked with Noll and possibly Randles tells a compelling story. He knows them much better than internet bigfoot buddies.

Peel then onion.

Edited by Martin
  • Upvote 1

I think it's an elk because I can clearly see the impressions made by elk or an elk like creature. Exactly like the animated gif. In my opinion it is a near exact match.

The cast was full of elk hair.

Like you have experience with elk I have experience with people:

Brian Smith, who once upon a time was a respectd, active and trusted researcher in this field, worked with Noll and possibly Randles tells a compelling story. He knows them much better than internet bigfoot buddies.

Peel then onion.

^^^ For goodness sakes.

Also, I've seen a lot of back and forth about why no prints of either elk or sasquatch nearby but JohnT had noted that there is a paved road nearby, so I think the talk of prints for any animal going to or from the wallow is irrelevant.

Edited by Bodhi

What you think, but yours isn't an expert opinion.  Swindler's, on the other hand...is.  As is Meldrum's.

"Elk or an elk-like creature" doesn't exactly meet the intellectual test...and shows that the person making it has inadequate information.

What you think, but yours isn't an expert opinion.  Swindler's, on the other hand...is.  As is Meldrum's.

"Elk or an elk-like creature" doesn't exactly meet the intellectual test...and shows that the person making it has inadequate information.

Funny how this "person" skips the point on how the wallow was full of elk hair. Wonder why that is?

• masterbarber unpinned this topic