Infrasound Or Bigfoot Sound Effects

bipedalist

BFF Patron

I"m starting this topic based on a post or two from the Sasquatch & Native American's thread where Vilnoori and another poster made reference to a "people" stating to beware of the "nnnnnnnnnn" sound made by a certain formidable creature. I have had a sighting, where a low buzzing/rumbling/pressure wave preceeded the emergence of stick breaking and clear bipedal leaf shuffling as a descent of a mountain to streamside occurred by sasquatch-like creatures. This "nnnnnnnn" sound could easily characterize what I heard.

Any other references by witnesses or researchers out there as to the non-natural sounds believed to be attributed to Sasquatch? And, yes, I know the old forum had some good threads on similar topics, thank you. :D

I"m starting this topic based on a post or two from the Sasquatch & Native American's thread where Vilnoori and another poster made reference to a "people" stating to beware of the "nnnnnnnnnn" sound made by a certain formidable creature. I have had a sighting, where a low buzzing/rumbling/pressure wave preceeded the emergence of stick breaking and clear bipedal leaf shuffling as a descent of a mountain to streamside occurred by sasquatch-like creatures. This "nnnnnnnn" sound could easily characterize what I heard.

Any other references by witnesses or researchers out there as to the non-natural sounds believed to be attributed to Sasquatch? And, yes, I know the old forum had some good threads on similar topics, thank you. :D

The "nnnnnnn" sound that preceeded your incident and sighting, is interesting. I've never heard anything like this yet, while in the field.

Here's another. How about nocturnal bongo like (or wooden wind chime like), or rapid percussive sounds heard on a calm night in the forest ? Although I can't positively attribute the sounds (yet) to squatch, I'd sure like find out what is causing it. I do know that these types of sounds have been heard and recorded in a few different locations around the country, in research areas where other strange activities have also been noted.

I sure would be interested in the exact sound people are hearing as in the past, I have heard/felt this odd cyclic humming sound when in my cabin, usually late at night. I always thought it was just my brain shutting down for the night as I read in bed, but it has happened too often for that to be the case. Recently, I heard this while reading on the porch at night and it was very faint. It kind of feels/sounds like a transformer humming off and on, but there is no electricity within 8-10 miles. There is no human mechanical sounds near me that I am aware of. It is not consistent as I usually hear it in the fall, but sometimes summer too. I will spend a month up there and not hear it except maybe 1-5 nights. I do not hear this sound anywhere else. I have ruled out the river as producing it and am at kind of a loss to what it is. To describe it as a sound is a bit off as it is a combination of sound and feel. As for this being produced by bf, I am not convinced of that and it seems like the most unlikely of any explanations. Anyone else have this happen to them? I would love to figure it out. As I said, no electricity, use gas lights, very close to a small river, 5 cabins around separated by 1/4 mile each (but will hear it when none of the cabins are occupied), always happens at night and usually a few hours after darkness, no power lines withing 8 miles or so, only happens sporadically, nobody else has told me they hear/feel it when they are there (never asked them either), its very feint and each hummm lasts maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds. Is there any scientific study on this that would indicate my own brain is producing this? I have not tried recording it yet as I never think about it until it happens. It does not bother me as far as making me feel uncomfortable, its just odd. I would think that infra sound would have a purpose if it is a real phenomena. UPs

In no way am I equating this to the thread topic, but if you've not heard of the "Taos Hum," you might find it interesting.

http://www.qsl.net/w5www/taoshum.html

"Citizens in Britain and portions of the Southwestern U.S. have been complaining about a maddening hum that just won't go away. And researchers have been unable to pinpoint its source. Not everyone can hear the low-pitched hum, and those who do say that it seems artificial in nature - and is driving them crazy.

In 1977, a British newspaper received nearly 800 letters from people complaining of loss of sleep, dizziness, shortness of breath, headaches, anxiety, irritability, deteriorating health, inability to read or study because of the incessant hum.

Most famous in the U.S. is the "Taos Hum". There the annoyance was so acute for the "hearers" in Taos, New Mexico that they banded together in 1993 and petitioned Congress to investigate and help them find the source of the noise. No conclusive causes were discovered. One prevailing theory holds that the hum is created by a military communications system used to contact submarines.

Most hearers say the noise begins abruptly, never abates, interferes with sleep and is more noticeable inside a house or car than outside. Some describe it as sounding like a diesel engine idling in the distance.

Since it has proven undetectable by microphones or VLF antennae, its source and nature is still a mystery. "

The sound/feeling I tried to describe is not similar to the Taos Hum and I have no idea of its source. I also have never heard anyone else in the area report this. It could just be my own brain, but if it was, I should hear while I am in other places. I think if I heard this sound/feeling all the time, it would drive me nuts. UPs

Many have the theory that infrasound was involved in my encounter. I have no idea what happened and can only describe what occured. I heard no humming noise. It was more like a loud ringing in my ears. I also suffered pain, dizziness, and spasms of some type. I fell down and curled up in the fetal position.

I didn't hear anything, it just suddenly felt like a pressure around my head. I couldn't think clearly and was overcome by a feeling of panic and I had to flee. I went quickly back to my van and it subsided over 10 minutes or so . I got back out and finished putting out the food drop and left. Very unsettling, having no control, and it's never occurred since.

I couldn't think clearly and was overcome by a feeling of panic and I had to flee. I went quickly back to my van and it subsided over 10 minutes or so .

I had this exact same feeling last summer on an expedition. I didn't feel sick or have any pressure on the head, but did feel I could not proceed any further, and needed to turn around and get out. I did not start out feeling this way at all, on the nocturnal walk. I felt I was being paced, and did hear crunching steps. I am inconclusive as to what happened, but know it never happened before, or hasn't since.

Edited by imonacan

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

bipedalist, this is a great topic, thanks. I've not heard any nnnnnnn sounds. I know this is gonna sound funny but I have had my eardrums vibrate on two occaisions. I was very close to a creature both times this happened. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it's like you're hearing a drumming like a woodpecker or something but the sound comes from your inner ear if that makes sence. At first I didn't think anything of it but later I saw on another report (the guy that was chased by the Bigfoot in the PNW.) He described the same thing had happened to him with the vibration in the ear. I've heard sticks being broken etc., but the vibration in my ear is the only experience I've had when I was close. (close to me is being no more than 40-50 feet from a creature, any distance less than 40 feet is what I consider too close) As I've tried to figure out why I had this drumming/vibration occur during those sightings, I thought maybe it could have been my bloodpressure elevated as a result of the encounter but in each case, the inner ear vibration/drumming noise started before I had actually seen the creature, so when the vibration occurred, I was absolutely calm, cool and collective. I don't know if old hairy was doing something to me or if it's only coincidence? Anybody else feel anything like this? Chris B.

BFF Patron

Thanks, C. Chris you and several others are right on, it is a vibratory feeling and sensation (which borders on the perceived low frequencies heard by humans) not so much a sound that effects people and probably objects (or can be transmitted through objects such as houses and walls). Only thing being I have not found a way to record it yet, nor do I have the money to head down that road. Suffice it to say, there is a real physiological effect that occurs that these creatures elicit in human beings. The "what, how's and why's" still need to be figured out. I do not feel this phenomenon is in any way related to the "Taos hum" but since that effect has not been truthed, who knows what that represents. All I can say, is that my sighting and this phenomenon were integrally related. Also, other sightings of green eyeshine from alleged bipedals (but not confirmed as was the case in my sighting) were related to the same types of perceptual phenomenon over the course of several weeks. And, yes the vibration in the ear is something I have experienced on many occasions in the territory where the incidents occurred to which I refer. And yes, the vibrations preceded my sighting and had been local to the sighting location for several years. The vibrations began to predict when bipedal leaf shuffling would be heard, as well as stick-breaking and later, green eyeshine from several creatures moving their head on their shoulders and blinking from approx. 30 yards away on a mountainside. I was lucky enough to have had much time invested to follow-up on my hunches during these incidents and a consistent ability to follow my hunches and connect the dots. I wouldn't have traded the experience for a million dollars. Then again, it has been at some cost including a new appreciation for enigmas wrapped in conundrums. B)

ETA I am glad others have experienced similar phenomenon when near these creatures. Why everyone doesn't is probably associated with that last enigma line of mine above! I do know what I experienced on multiple nights in association with these creatures.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Thanks, C. Chris you and several others are right on, it is a vibratory feeling and sensation (which borders on the perceived low frequencies heard by humans) not so much a sound that effects people and probably objects (or can be transmitted through objects such as houses and walls). Only thing being I have not found a way to record it yet, nor do I have the money to head down that road. Suffice it to say, there is a real physiological effect that occurs that these creatures elicit in human beings. The "what, how's and why's" still need to be figured out. I do not feel this phenomenon is in any way related to the "Taos hum" but since that effect has not been truthed, who knows what that represents. All I can say, is that my sighting and this phenomenon were integrally related. Also, other sightings of green eyeshine from alleged bipedals (but not confirmed as was the case in my sighting) were related to the same types of perceptual phenomenon over the course of several weeks. And, yes the vibration in the ear is something I have experienced on many occasions in the territory where the incidents occurred to which I refer. And yes, the vibrations preceded my sighting and had been local to the sighting location for several years. The vibrations began to predict when bipedal leaf shuffling would be heard, as well as stick-breaking and later, green eyeshine from several creatures moving their head on their shoulders and blinking from approx. 30 yards away on a mountainside. I was lucky enough to have had much time invested to follow-up on my hunches during these incidents and a consistent ability to follow my hunches and connect the dots. I wouldn't have traded the experience for a million dollars. Then again, it has been at some cost including a new appreciation for enigmas wrapped in conundrums. B)

ETA I am glad others have experienced similar phenomenon when near these creatures. Why everyone doesn't is probably associated with that last enigma line of mine above! I do know what I experienced on multiple nights in association with these creatures.

Excellent! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has experienced this phenomenon. An excellent addition to the field study notes, but unfortunately, also raises about a million new questions. :D Thanks, Chris B.

Guest vilnoori

The two experiences I mentioned were not infrasound related. In one the NA lady stated the sasquatch made a sound like a hummingbird to catch her attention. In my experience, it sounded like a child humming in a random singsong voice in a large metal barrel, extremely resonant sounding and strangely loud. I've never ever heard anything like it.

Having said that, however, going by the Sierra Growl, if a large creature can make that sound it could probably make infrasound with no problem. I judge that the high pitched bits at the end are not whistles but rather the high end of the extremely big range of the voice. Think Ivan Rebroff, but much much bigger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Rebroff

The two experiences I mentioned were not infrasound related. In one the NA lady stated the sasquatch made a sound like a hummingbird to catch her attention. In my experience, it sounded like a child humming in a random singsong voice in a large metal barrel, extremely resonant sounding and strangely loud. I've never ever heard anything like it.

Having said that, however, going by the Sierra Growl, if a large creature can make that sound it could probably make infrasound with no problem. I judge that the high pitched bits at the end are not whistles but rather the high end of the extremely big range of the voice. Think Ivan Rebroff, but much much bigger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Rebroff

On 2 different occasions we have heard what sounded like a child humming in a singsong like way. Same place but a year or two apart.

This is very thick/dense brush and bog (my wife sunk her right leg up to her hip in mud last time lol)

Very weird hearing what sounds like a little kid playing out in the middle of nowhere.

S

Guest nycBig

some of these attacks could just be plain ol' panick attacks, they happen when you breathe to fast without exhaling the same amount, too much Oxygen or something, makes you feel numb and incapacitated. The best thing to do is just breathe into a paper bag until you feel better.