Infrasound Or Bigfoot Sound Effects

bipedalist

I had to think about this... I don't particularly remember a particular sound, maybe because some donkeys were braying, but I had that uncanny I'm being watched feeling. I actually looked in the direction of the area. Several minutes later, there it was walking across the field, from the area I suspected.

I don't have or claim to have ESP. But something, can't explain what, made me look in that direction more than once. And something was making the donkeys bray which was in the opposite direction.

No proof of anything, but one is entitled to speculate amongst fellow researchers, perhaps there was a sound invisible to the human ear, but not in the donkeys.

I'll double check my files to see if there's anything similar to the "mmmmm" noise. If I find something I'll let y'all know!

Great topic!

Wow. What an eerie experience! Do you think it might have been a troupe of H. floresiensis-like creatures? Were there any tracks left to look at? Since H. floresiensis (nicknamed hobbits) remains have been found dated only 18,000 years ago, it is quite on the cards that there may be populations in densely forested, sparsely populated Southeast Asian countries which are undiscovered. And also remember that NA accounts also describe "little people." Perhaps from similar aural experiences--and then the tale grew up around it of fully clothed little people, as the tales describe? I can see how it could easily happen.

I didn't really know what to make of it then... and still don't now. I hope to look into it further, in the future. There were no tracks found or anyone looking for them, that I recall. Just a bunch of nervous grunts gathered at early morning breakfast, talking about what was heard, and how they couldn't sleep afterward...so I knew I wasn't dreaming...lol.

There is much legend and folklore in the Philippines, and it is somewhat confusing. There are little people (dwende)included in the folklore.

On the sounds heard, I have been told, and have considered...it could have been everything from.. a distorted sounding babbling mountain brook, Warty pigs, crazed macaques making undocumented sounds, or indigenous tribal kids playing in the forest at night.

I don't want to hijack this great thread by talking about it further, since it is really a whole separate topic. Vilnoori, I'll send you a PM with more info on this.

Guest vilnoori

Thanks. I'm very interested in H. floresiensis and possible living populations of them, which many cultures hint at. I think it is useful to remember that most hominin species of which we have remains/fossils were small.

Thanks. I'm very interested in H. floresiensis and possible living populations of them, which many cultures hint at. I think it is useful to remember that most hominin species of which we have remains/fossils were small.

I agree with you're interest. I predict that if bigfoot is ever proven even with a good DNA sample, this will cause science to take a second look at reports around the world. Given the wide scope of characteristics reported, in theory we could eventually learn a hell of a lot about primate evolution.

I heard the nnnnnnn sound just before a sighting once.

It started off as nnnnnnn, then it went na na na na, na na na na.

Then it went hey hey, goodbye.

Then the creature just turned and left.

It was the weirdest thing. Only happened to me one time.

No, seriously, I would consider what Gigantor posted. Tinnitus isn't a permanent ringing or sound in the ear. You can have the occasional tinnitus, especially when your blood pressure rises. Which I would imagine would happen during a bigfoot encounter.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003043.htm

But, that is only a suggestion of a possibility. I think there are enough reports, and from my own experience hearing some weird sounds, I think these creatures are capable of a myriad of sounds and mimics.

Hearing a nnnnnnnnn sound before or during an encounter could just be a humming bigfoot. :)

Guest FuriousGeorge

I don't know much about seismology but I think they use equipment to record infrasound. Anyone know? Maybe it could be used for bf research but I'm not sure. I quickly looked up some devices and saw that seismologists triangulate geophones, seisometers, and use microbarographs. I think they have something to do with infrasound detection but like I said, I don't know anything about the subject and I didn't spend more than 30 seconds finding out. Maybe these things or something like it could work to detect. I think the ghost seeking folks use some type of device that I refuse to google.

The symptoms people are describing here correlate somewhat to infrasound, and some animals use it for communication, so I guess it's possible. Maybe a long distance thing. If it were true, sensors would be the way to go. It's reported that people who get dosed with infrasound (from any source) sometimes have a feeling of something paranormal happening to them, so that should also be recognized.

I can't believe I'm participation in an infrasound thread. Anyone talks about how bf uses infrasound to cook his dinner and I'm out of here.

Furious George,

We are lucky enough to have a geologist as a member of our group. He has been working along the lines you hwere talking about trying to develope a recording device for these sounds. He has told me it is very time consuming and exspensive.

Could it be insects? some critters can produce strange buzzing sounds when many of them do it simultaneously. They can generate high decibels and if you're tens of yards away from them...

You do describe the sounds as occurring in the summer / fall.

I did not consider insects as a source as although I did hear it in late summer, I also heard it in November. It is a pretty deep sound/feel. Now it could be bats, but I do not know if they are capable of producing this type of sound. The reason I mention bats is I do know they live in my cabin roof (between the steel roof and knotty pine ceiling). My bed is only 6 feet or so away from the area that they live (in ceiling). UPs

Well bats produce ultrasound not infrasound. I've read that both can produce ill affects in humans. Infrasound is a large sound wave that penetrates objects in it's path, while ultrasound is very small sound waves that tend to bounce and echo off the smallest of objects. Infrasound requires alot of energy and large mass to produce it, thats why those subwoofers in car stereo's are so big, and why it takes 2000 watt amps to power them. If there is a rate or rythum to these sounds that is equal to the rate of your heartbeat then we are talking extremely low freq. at around 2-3 hz. Of coarse, ultrasound could have a similar affect or signature in pulse bursts at the same rate.

Guest vilnoori

I used an ultrasonic cell disrupter in college, it basically was used to bust apart bacterial cell walls in my samples, which were then used as a substrate in an assay.

Guest midnightwalker1

My belief based on experiences. Personally I believe that they are capable of both physical infrasound and also telepathic abilities that produce a physical effect on your mind or body. I've felt the twisting feeling in my gut as did my friend right next to me after we had turned our back to a sas we had seen move across a dirt road. It was not nerves as neither of us were nervous. I addressed the sas and it was immediately gone. I have had a recent research associate begin feeling the affect on his ears while next to me then uncontrollably tearing eyes, while I felt nothing. He was holding an emf meter and I was not. I told the sas at that time what it was and that it would not harm them...immediately his sensations were gone. Anyway, I believe that they do this with infrasound or telepathy. For those of you who don't believe telepathy then stick to your infrasound if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Anyway, those are just two experiences and they do have these and many other abilities.

Edited by midnightwalker1

Well, if bigfoot uses telepathy, why did you have to say anything to the bigfoot? Why didn't you just think it and the bigfoot would have read your mind? ;)

Guest midnightwalker1

Well, if bigfoot uses telepathy, why did you have to say anything to the bigfoot? Why didn't you just think it and the bigfoot would have read your mind? ;)

Actually I did but didn't feel like detracting from the main point I was making. Take it easy Splash

What do you mean "Take it easy Splash"? I just asked a simple question.

Here's another one:

So you are saying that you "thought" to a bigfoot and the bigfoot "thought" back to you?

Guest midnightwalker1

What do you mean "Take it easy Splash"? I just asked a simple question.

Here's another one:

So you are saying that you "thought" to a bigfoot and the bigfoot "thought" back to you?

I was saying they read my thoughts projected towards them and I only receive a sense of their feelings (hard to describe). One form of telepathy anyway. Don't believe. NP some of my good friends don't believe but I just seem to have interesting stuff happen fairly frequently. Wonder why? Lucky I guess. Take it easy Splash.

Edited by midnightwalker1