What's Your Cut-Off Date?

TimB

Guest Crowlogic

You'd only be fooling them past say 1970 though Crow wouldn't you, as that's about the time roughly you believe they went extinct isn't it ??

I think they made it into the mid 70's say 75-77. I also maintain that there was never a modern nationwide population of these things and that for most of the white man's tenure in America there was simply a few relic population members in the PNW.

That said no I don't think they were on the east coast in modern times. I don't think whatever is in Florida is the same animal.

Guest RedRatSnake

I don't think they were on the east coast in modern times. I don't think whatever is in Florida is the same animal.

Totally agree on that ~

Tim :thumbsup:

Guest Crowlogic

Crowlogic, please don't take this as an attack, I'm just trying to understand all sides of this debate. You indicate that you have no other interest in BF other than the PGF, yet you've participated in a number of discussions in this forum in regards to other BF reports, videos, photos, etc. Granted, you take the negative position on these issues, but still that demonstrates an interest. Don't get me wrong. I think your posts are generally well thoughout and constructive, but is it possible that those of us who aren't willing to either call this a hoax or authenticate it are just open minded and not foolish?

And would you agree that to declare something in the negative or the positive without doubt takes equal parts proof?

With regards to the overall Bigfoot issue all one needs to do is look at the pattern of how claims of evidence and proof are presented which is not unlike a dangling carrot. The claims of proof are many and go back decades. But the pattern of how and why the proof somehow never gets truly into the scientific/public domain is by now predictable and all too familiar. I am about as open minded as they get but at some point it becomes a case of fool me once same on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Bigfoot lore's stock in trade is to lean on PT Barnum.

I am about as open minded as they get but at some point it becomes a case of fool me once same on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I'm not sure how keeping an open mind in this case casts people as fools. No one is asking for any money or anything else in exchange for their patience. If Ketchum or Erickson started asking for funding to continue her study, then I would agree those who would contribute are fools. But simply not willing to shut the door on the chance that something might come from this study doesn't make someone a fool.

Life goes on no matter what the results are.

But yet there HAS to be a point where the release of the promised information is obviously not going to happen. That's the essence of the question- when will you say, "Yeah- it's not gonna happen"?

Tim B.

I seem to recall several months ago that people other than Melba Ketchum thought it would be released about now, give or take a few months. I am not even getting impatient much yet but I must admit I am anxious to have a few of the questions answered like how closely related it supposedly is. If several months passed, I would assume that something didn't work out. It would probably get annoying if something like a year passed without explanation. Then I would probably assume that it wasn't worth worrying about and not very solid evidence. The only question in my mind is how solid the evidence is and not about honesty. It doesn't sound like any kind of conspiracy to me. That doesn't really make sense without any apparent motive or upside.

All the other projects don't really hold much of my interest. I do find the Sierra shootings fascinating though because what I would never have believed before seems to have DNA evidence to back it up. That doesn't sound like your typical bigfoot tall tale. A lot of people have a lot riding on the paper. It all comes down to the DNA for me. All it means to me is a few of my friends will get an I told you so without me actually having to say it. If not, no biggie.

Guest bsruther

I'd have to say that I lost faith in the Erickson project a few months ago, around the time that it seemed Randy Brisson was involved. It didn't help that Standing was connected to the project, earlier this year. Being familiar with the area of the Ky pancake video, I found it very hard to believe that there was a family of huge hairy people living in those woods, but I didn't want to be entirely closed minded. Then Erickson releases the sleeping BF pic, from the same Ky site and I'm thinking, aww jeez, is this the best bone you've got to throw? I don't think he's a hoaxer, but perhaps naive to Bigfoot shenanigans. I could be wrong, but everything that surrounds the EP, leads me to believe it will be a failure...if it's ever released at all. His claim of this being "the year of the sasquatch", has only a few months to go.

I'm giving Ketchum's research the benefit of the doubt, because of her professional status and the way she has conducted herself through this whole mess.

Her close connection with Paulides leaves much to be desired, but that's probably more his doing, than hers. If it weren't for the Olympic project, I probably would've given up on Ketchum long ago. To me, they seem to be just a bunch of regular, down-to-earth guys. I don't believe or disbelieve any of their claims, but I'm willing to wait and see. I can't see giving Ketchum's work a cut-off date, but interest is fading daily.

If there's one thing I've come to learn from all of this, it's that the word "soon" is the most ambiguous word in Bigfooting.

• 2 months later...
Guest slimwitless

The Erickson Project has given a release date of "this Fall." I'm taking them at their word. Since Dec. 22 is the first day of Winter this year, that's my "no longer give a crap date." If nothing materializes by then, I'll stop paying attention to every element of this story, EP, OP, KR, etc.

Say it ain't so.

I think they made it into the mid 70's say 75-77. I also maintain that there was never a modern nationwide population of these things and that for most of the white man's tenure in America there was simply a few relic population members in the PNW.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that you are wrong on both counts.

I had my personal up close encounter in ~2004-2005 as did my best friend, who has also had brushes with them in another location. All of this happened in the Midwest.

Guest Cervelo

Cut off date for discovery.......LOL!!! Who cares when or if...it will stand or fall on it's own merit regardless of when it comes out!! Just hope its all good because some might be in for a tough time, you guys got way to much invested in this. It's just one piece of the puzzle either way it will prove nothing!

Edited by Cervelo

The Erickson Project has given a release date of "this Fall." I'm taking them at their word. Since Dec. 22 is the first day of Winter this year, that's my "no longer give a crap date." If nothing materializes by then, I'll stop paying attention to every element of this story, EP, OP, KR, etc.

It looks like you cut-off date has arrived without a release. They evidently are not holding to their word.

It looks like you cut-off date has arrived without a release. They evidently are not holding to their word.

They clearly haven't considered how this all affects me. :)

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic