What's Your Cut-Off Date?

TimB

They clearly haven't considered how this all affects me. :)

Personally, the useful time for this study has already passed, however any future release in a respected Journal is a plus...

But, I wish Jan 1, 2011 would be the BF community "date" and once passed w/o a paper? Well, that's a whole nother thread I suppose. . . but one hopes channels of communication and sharing would open back up ..even to their already pre-study restricted flow.

If it comes out by then? Finally!

My prediction? None. It matters much less today than it did a year or two ago for me....b/c I see already regardless of any "proof" or "almost poof" the lack of methods/researchers to do the long hard work of understanding Sasquatches is real...I don't see that understanding coming from amateurs (w/o comment on the various for profit endeavors).... so, it's back to public funded anthropologists, etc... and I don't see that happening any time soon....so

I think we should leave them alone....certainly the TBRC approach is gothic...and the wing-nuts destructive...what's new?

My perception...of the world, of the humans and their petty goals (or lofty), of everything really has changed more due to BFers than BF's....and it's OK... I guess...not what I had expected, but illuminating anyway....

I actually feel tarnished by so much of the truly embarrassing "BF BS" presented to "non-believers" from FB to many websites....

So, thank you to all who do take it seriously and respectfully and maintain your integrity in the face of so much bad behavior.... actually.... I would be OK with a complete collapse of amateur BFing and 'belief" if it weren't for the isolated and ridiculed witnesses.

I am aware I am conflicted...part of me wants to understand them...and part wants to leave them alone. So far? I seem unable to just walk away and keep this in my heart...and yet sharing what I have learned about BFs feels like a kind of betrayal in some ways...very complicated to become a "trusted" human...

Edited by apehuman

But, I wish Jan 1, 2011 would be the BF community "date" and once passed w/o a paper?

When? :D

Mike

Edited by MikeG

• 1 month later...
Admin

Has anyone given up yet? :)

The title of the thread doesnt really say what it is about - but Im guessing its about this scientific report that people seem to post constantly about. There are some people who have come to the BFF and other hairy hominid forums because they have had experiences concering BF without any knowledge or care about this scientific report or the PGfilm (another endless topic that seems so important to those who have not encountered a BF). So, if its about this ketchup study (maybe I cant spell sorry) I have neither a cut off date nor a care. BF has been about for the ages and will be about for the ages, some will have experiences first hand, others a compelling interest for ages to come - a scientific report impacts that none at all.

Edited by Encounter

SSR Team

So, if its about this ketchup study (maybe I cant spell sorry) I have neither a cut off date nor a care. BF has been about for the ages and will be about for the ages, some will have experiences first hand, others a compelling interest for ages to come - a scientific report impacts that none at all.

This thread was started because of modern civilized society's insatiable appetite for " now now now " and its lack of patience for anything that is perceived to them to take a long time.

I'm like you however, it matters to me not, one way or another.

Unfortunately a lot of researchers have already passed away waiting for the ''ultimate proof''. Sometime before I die would be good...... :) Agree with BobbyO this culture of instant answers, instant gratification just isn't realistic as far as BF goes.

When you set dates all it does is lead to disapointments so I am for when it comes out well good.until then I keep moving forward.

Admin

Some cut-offs from this thread:

Wudewasa 10.16.11

Bipedalist 2-29-12

RWrdiley Dec. 22 (2011). If nothing materializes by then, I'll stop paying attention to every element of this story, EP, OP, KR, etc.

Jodie February (2012)

slimwitless the first of the year

PacNWAquatcher December 21st 2012

Spader December 20, 2012

I'll give some members credit, I haven't seen rwridley around for weeks, nor Spader...

I guess that I've already reached my cut off point since I'm not invested in this issue. If it ever comes to fruition then I'll be pleasantly surprised but if not then it's no sweat off my back.

Had she never said the results would be out by the end of last year I would be patient. But since she committed herself, and it's nearly March, I would say my cut-off date has come and gone.

• 2 months later...
Admin

bump

Guest BFSleuth

So, I read the paper already, then I noticed on the back it said, "Best if Published by ________"

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic