Do You Think Bf Has Been Discovered But Is Hush Hush?

Guest bfsearcher

Guest spunout

Has govt actually 'denied' BF??? There's pleanty of history regarding UFOs, but perhaps not BF. Given recent popularization via TV, that may be changing.

Perhaps the loggers can summon-up the Sumerians and employ BF to chop trees??

Comcents, I suppose I should have qualified my question by narrowing the field to creatures about which the government has made public statements in the past regarding their existence.

Guest RedRatSnake

Gotta keep that sense of humor in mind guys ~ :thumbsup: `

Besides if my state of Massachusetts got wind of a possible way to tax something, you would have read about " Bigfoot " in the news not paying a loitering fee long long ago, the only government cover ups are the government covering up the government.

Tim ~ :)

Guest FuriousGeorge

What does the Government gain by making Bigfoot public?

Money through tourism, and maybe through a rare example of ecotourism.

Everybody wants tourist money. Everyplace campaigns for it. Russia just tried to conjure up a bf to get it. There are scores of people from other countries that would come here (and Canada) to try and get a glimpse. If they come here to see a long shot like witnessing a tornado, they'll come to see bf. And spend money.

Loch Ness, Lake Champlain and all of the other monster lakes get dough through tourism. Haunted areas and E.T. hotspots cash in as well.

-------------------- I'm not addressing you, JDL for this next part. It's just another silly rant-----------------------

I don't believe bf is being kept a secret for the sake of the timber industry. If it happens to be the case, then they can keep the area pristine and cash in through ecotourism. We'll get our wood from selected non-bf areas. If the "save the trees" people found out that the government was keeping bf a secret to keep the timber industry going, oh what a mess. Those people would never be able to run for office again. Opposing parties would use this as ammo and it would be exposed in a heartbeat. This never happened and never will. IMHO

What about all of the vagrants that live in the woods? This doesn't stop the logging companies. These are people, who are proven to exist, and we're still chopping down trees. lol sorry, silly example. Plus, didn't Mulder post some facts a while ago about how we have more trees now than ever due to replanting efforts?

The only panic that would come from exposing bf would be the panic from busloads of tourists scrambling to spend their money at Kenny's Bigfoot Knick Knack Shack.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

I have this feeling that BF has already been discovered and tested,learned about ect...but those people dont want us to know (the public) because then we will have poachers or maybe just nutcase people running around trying to capture or harm one of these creatures and upset their habitat.

I personally have some thoughts that, maybe the Government has found in the past some Bigfoot evidence, studied it and concluded it was simply a savage apemen which posed no major security threat to military bases!!! :)

Greetings.

K. Adam

I think that if government had any ability to control bigfoot as a species we'd know all about them.

I also think that government is willing to tolerate acceptable losses of human life to avoid disclosing what they know about bigfoot.

Postulate: Government knows about bigfoot.

Theorem: If bigfoot were 100% benign government would disclose its existence and develop an active management policy.

Corollary: Government has not disclosed the existence of bigfoot because bigfoot is not 100% benign and government cannot manage bigfoot.

Edited by JDL

Guest StankApe

Bears aren't 100% benign and we know all about them. i think you are 1) overstating the importance of Bigfoot 2) making assumptions that Govt would have any interest at all on the subject 3) projecting you interest/experiences with Bigfoot onto the Govt

Remember, most people don't care about Bigfoot and if Ted Koppel got on TV and told the world that Bigfoot is real tomorrow evening, they wouldn't care anymore by the following morning... They just don't care. Why would the Govt go to so much effort to cover up the existence of a creature that the majority of people could care less about? Not much motive there.

Since we don't know what bigfoot is exactly, it's hard to fathom what the motive might be on the government's part for ignoring the subject. It would not cost anything to hide the existence of bigfoot since they keep themselves hidden pretty well without our assistance.

Edited by Jodie

"All sasquatch please get into the bus for the ride to the reservation".............hmmm, "they don't seem to be listening sir!"

sound of siren blares

"Just get this situation under control Walters!"

"but sir, they refuse to comply..............they've left the area and we can't find them!"

Bears aren't 100% benign and we know all about them. i think you are 1) overstating the importance of Bigfoot 2) making assumptions that Govt would have any interest at all on the subject 3) projecting you interest/experiences with Bigfoot onto the Govt

Remember, most people don't care about Bigfoot and if Ted Koppel got on TV and told the world that Bigfoot is real tomorrow evening, they wouldn't care anymore by the following morning... They just don't care. Why would the Govt go to so much effort to cover up the existence of a creature that the majority of people could care less about? Not much motive there.

There's a big difference between the intelligence and capabilities of bears and those of bigfoot. Apples and oranges.

Actually, I was projecting my experience with government onto bigfoot. I was, after all, a federal employee for nineteen years.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic