Driving the "Bigfoot Hwy" Or 224

Madison5716

Hey all,

Anyone ever driven the so-called "Bigfoot Hwy", Oregon 224? 

I'm considering driving it one of these days, soon, on an overnight loop drive.

Suggestions are welcomed, and if you have any experiences, please share.

Is Joe Beelart around? I can't find my book, which seems really unfortunate. Any tips?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Is Joe Beelart around? I can't find my book, which seems really unfortunate. Any tips?

I am sure that you will see Bigfoot where 224 passes through southeast Portland.

Joe Beelart is around. Message him on this forum.

Peter Byrne wrote many books. He had the "Hood River Project" in one of his books. I don't know the title(s) or availability in the way of paperback / kindle or costs. 

Happy reading.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

I am sure that you will see Bigfoot where 224 passes through southeast Portland.

Joe Beelart is around. Message him on this forum.

Peter Byrne wrote many books. He had the "Hood River Project" in one of his books. I don't know the title(s) or availability in the way of paperback / kindle or costs. 

Sounds like an ambiguous promise.  If it was that easy then we would have proof.   

Edited by Twist

I drove it once while archery elk hunting in the early 90s. A lot of it reminded me of the area I had my first encounter in. It was really nice back then and worth the drive.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Twist said:

Sounds like an ambiguous promise.  If it was that easy then we would have proof.

It was a joke about Portland. 

If I was within striking distance to any road dubbed “Bigfoot Hwy”, I would be definitely be there at some point.  Good luck Madison5716!  Please post pics if you make the trip!  :thumbsup:

Edited by xspider1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:25 AM, Madison5716 said:

I can't find my book, which seems really unfortunate. Any tips?

A tip?  Yes. Ask your research partner. He might just still have it safe in his possession, and ready to return it to you any time you like. 

And when and if he remembers to. :D

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:44 AM, Somerset said:

It would be good if you could drive it and show a live feed much in the same way as people go live on Facebook. 

I have never used FB (nor will I), but a live feed would require uninterrupted internet access, wouldn't it?  I could be wrong. But I seriously doubt you'd find service in much of that area. 

17 hours ago, norseman said:

Need starlink. I am thinking about it. We have bad service here at the house.

My buddy got starlink.  He says it’s absolutely worth it.  He lived in an area with virtually no service.   It’s changed his life at home.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Twist said:

My buddy got starlink.  He says it’s absolutely worth it.  He lived in an area with virtually no service.   It’s changed his life at home.   

If you get a chance, ask him to try speedtest.net and see what the Up/Dn speeds are.  I’d be very curious abt that!  thx

On 9/19/2023 at 10:36 PM, xspider1 said:

If you get a chance, ask him to try speedtest.net and see what the Up/Dn speeds are.  I’d be very curious abt that!  thx

He said 65 - 100 mbps depending on weather.