Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

Sasfooty, is there any particular time of year they seem to come around your place? Also, do different years seem to have different activity levels?

There are some here all the time. By learning the different sounds that they make, I have the impression that they kind of come & go. Some are here at some times, & then they drift on & others come in. I have no solid research to base it on, it's just a feeling that I have from years of listening.

There's one that has a huge howl that lasts 20 or 30 seconds without stopping for a breath. He either only does this howl at certain times of the year, or he isn't here part of the year. I have no way of knowing which.

They seem to be in a constant state of change. I never know what to expect from them. I just feel honored that they let me know they are here. They could easily be here & I would have no idea if they didn't want me to know.

Some are here at some times, & then they drift on & others come in.

Not saying this is what it must be but this fits with the theory of BF following a migration path. Sasfooty it could be that maybe your house and property are sitting in, on , or around a clans migration route. Again not saying this is what it must be, just tossing out a suggestion. It might also be that perhaps your property sits as a sort of neutral territory for a few clans or individuals. I say both clans and individuals as I do not know if BF is a pack social structure or a solitary social structure. Either way this is deeply interesting.

There's one that has a huge howl that lasts 20 or 30 seconds without stopping for a breath.

I read this and though of my own experience. 20-30 seconds would be to much for me. I still get chills thinking of the sound I heard. Have you ever felt threaten by them? I mean the sounds and them being there has it ever made you feel threaten? Just curious as this quote made me think of my own experience.

One of the most difficult animals to hunt is the Leopard. They are smart, they are nocturnally active, they are stealthy, and they have a mouth and four claws full of razor blades. They are able to sneak up on some of the most jumpy antelope in the world, and kill them.

I would suggest you read 'Death in the Tall Grass' by Captick-Hathaway for some tricks humans use to kill them.

One tactic which overrides all, is to stay upwind of the target. Put out bait, and somehow get undetected to a location downwind of the bait.

One way they accomplish this, is have a group of four people walk to the blind, one person gets in the blind, and the other three people walk away with the persons jacket to simulate 4 people walking away. Thus, if the creature is watching, it thinks 4 people came in, and 4 people left. It has no way to detect the person that stayed.

Humans can kill the most cunning animals, in fact humans can chain smoke in a blind, as long as they are downwind of the bait. I would think that you could utilize these game tactics to trick a Bigfoot just once. But it just doesn't happen does it?

If It Was Me IN Sasfooty’s Situation:

Okay, so I have Bigfoots fairly regularly visiting my property sometimes even howling for 30 seconds. And I am in NO doubt about this. None. I used my bionic ear – heard one mimicking me. I’ve actually seen one dash across a clearing, filmed them and found a track in my garden. I know they’re real. I KNOW.

I say to myself. Self? People have been ridiculed for decades for even believing in the possibility they exist, much less for claiming an encounter. Hell, I’VE been taken to task a little bit on this very forum. Science and skeptics have battled believers at every turn, wanting proof. And I can provide it. I can put an end to it. And I might even become famous for it. Wait. Might? No, I will definitely become famous as the man who collected enough evidence that compelled real scientific inquiry and the eventual “discovery†of Bigfoot. So I have my motivations. Fame - the dashing of mean skeptics against the jagged rocks of their “logicâ€. I’ll show them. And scientific discovery. Post discovery, I’m going to be mentioned whenever a story is written about Bigfoot because I will have been instrumental in their discovery and the furthering of human knowledge. Where they hadn’t officially existed before, they are now accepted due in large part because of my untiring efforts.

There is simply no way I can be outsmarted by an animal on a consistent basis in 2010 with the technology available to me.

Believing them to be real animals with no paranormal powers, I buy eight game cams. Money be damned, I’m on a mission. I’ll take out a loan, rent them, whatever I have to do. I’ll also install motion detector lights in several trees that surround my house. I’ll have the option from inside my house to turn the detectors on or off. I’ll do this all in the daytime too, when they’re presumably sleeping, since they’re always active at night.

Then, I’ll use my tractor or tiller and till a 10 yard path all the way around the side of the house they most frequent. The path will be at the edge of the woods, between the trees and my grass. I'll till it over three times too, to get out most of the clumps. Then I'll spray it down each night of my hunt. This will serve as a great way to collect tracks.

Then I would schedule a two week vacation. The first Saturday of my vacation I sleep in as late as I can, then stay awake as late as I can. That Saturday night I stay awake until 1:45 a.m.

But I sleep in even longer Sunday morning. Sunday night I make until 3:20 a.m.

Now the first Monday of my vacation comes and I’ve slept in until 1 p.m. I’m not completely acclimated to staying up at night and sleeping during the day, but I’m well on my way.

Monday night I start my hunt for proof. I don’t even have to leave the house; they’ll come to me.

Edited by WTB1

Admin
There is simply no way I can be outsmarted by an animal on a consistent basis in 2010 with the technology available to me.

AMEN, AMEN. For that matter another Human either....

Hello and greetings to all.

I was just wondering about the relation between sights of Bigfoot and peoples homes. I have heard of sightings at hunting camps, fishing camps, and while just sleeping in tents. Than I started thinking about Bigfoot sightings at homes. I have heard of the zoobies from the 70's in Ca, and the 911 call of the man trying not to say he is seeing Bigfoot in his yard. I have heard of one looking in a persons window from the show Creepy Canada. Also I have seen on Nat Geo's is it real the woman who says Bigfoot comes and talks to her. But I was wondering if there are other more reliable sightings of Bigfoot, or Sasquatch coming to peoples homes and looking in windows, or just being sighted from a window, or porch. Not to say some of these are not reliable but rather does anyone else know of such sightings.

One of my reasons for this curiosity is that around the world primates have been known to investigate peoples homes. So I was wondering if Bigfoot might do the same.

If anyone could be so kind as to add their thoughts or help point me in the right direction I would be thankful. Thank you.

I know of one where one cam eto the window of ah house nearby, one looking in the window of a truck while the driver was sleeping, among others

Hide a mini recorder on you or try disguising it some how. Like in a plant or something. I know easier said than done. Do you have any recording still from that time? Can the recorder and ear work from inside the house? Just thoughts. I would be interested in more of the experiences from near your house, again unless you'd rather not discuss it.

for real time video, google the I-See sunglasses, complete with digital video the qaulity of which isnt bad. The camera is directly between youre eyes, what you see it sees, hence the name. If anyone knew of a NV capable version of these, I'd love to know about that.

Sasfooty, another inquiry: When you left the night vision camera on unattended, how did you leave it? Was it in a window facing out, or outside?

Is there anything you might recommend if I wanted to try this, given your experience?

Mostly, I just cut holes in the window screens, poked the night vision through, & set it in the window, running, & went on about my business. Never got anything that I thought might even possibly be one, although I did get a few good vocals. I would also put it on the back porch, leave it on top of one of the trucks, in the chicken pen, on shelves I built on trees, you name it & I tried it.

There was only one night time catch & one late evening one from this over a period of about 2 years with them coming by every night. The night time video was worthless to anyone but me. The evening one was about the same.

The only one I got that wasn't completely worthless was the second night that I had the night vision, with an added 3X lens, (big mistake) on the camera. I was sitting upstairs with no lights on, at a window & heard some of them coming. These always made a certain noise when they were moving. I turned the camera in that direction and started filming.

It was the night of a full moon & I thought I could see everything out there, but I was wrong. I noticed that the noise had stopped, but kept looking although nothing moved. There was a dark spot directly between me & a tree trunk that looked interesting, so I stopped on it & filmed it for about 20 seconds, then decided that it was just the tree, & moved on. Finally I gave up & turned the camera off, thinking I didn't get anything.

A big problem with night vision is that after a very short time looking through it, your eye closes up & you can't see much. My vision isn't what it used to be anyway, so I couldn't really see what I was filming.

This was in a big open meadow with only two trees on it. It was a little over 200 yards to the tree that I was filming. If I had not had the 3X lens on the night vision, the video might have been better, but when I would try to zoom the camera, it would get the night vision out of focus, & the whole thing was just a mess. There were only a few frames in the whole 20 seconds that were of any use at all, & this was at 200 yards.

The next afternoon, I decided to put the video on the TV so I could see it better, because I thought there was a coyote in part of it. I was amazed to see that the "tree trunk" was moving around. She was keeping herself directly between the window & the tree. The best count that I could get was that there were 7 of them. There was a big female carrying two babies, one white & one dark. There was a somewhat smaller one directly behind her, and another small one that was walking out from behind the tree. That was all that we noticed at that time, but a few months later, I was looking at a frame from it that I was using for a desktop background, & saw two more farther back, near the fence. They were both white. One was huge, & one was a small, skinny one directly in front of him, that appeared to be about 3 or 4 feet tall.

None of it is clear & some people can't see anything in it at all. Others can see all of them. If I had started filming even a half a minute later, they would have all been out in the open & I might have realized what was happening & got more, but...if wishes were horses...You can't afford to make mistakes with them, because you don't get a second chance.

They had been crossing that meadow regularly, but after that night, I have never seen one there or found any evidence that they have been there. It's like that particular part of the property is off limits now. I do hear them on the fence rows around it, but I don't think they ever get out in the open there anymore.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough, but if I had it to do over, & didn't particularly want a night vision device for other uses, I would try to rent or borrow one, & try it before I jumped in for $3500. People who have never tried getting a video have no idea how frustrating it can be. It's easy to sit back & say what they would do if they were doing it, but saying & doing are two different things.

Sasfooty, I appreciate you making the decision to come here and share some of you experiences. There are a few in the Bigfoot community that have begun to associate every "habituation scenario" with a few bad apples. There are some who even become angry when it comes up. This is a better climate than what existed on the old forum in that the moderators have made it clear that they won't tolerate ridicule or badgering.

Still there will be questions from folks who find it incredible that others are scouring the woods for a glimpse and you are shooing them off your back porch so to speak. I admire you for doing your best to answer the questions as forthrightly as possible without disclosing your location. Maybe hearing from someone who turns out to be a good apple will change some attitudes.

In a generic sort of way can you describe the surrounding area, agriculture,swamp,forest, etc.

I guess the native americans that lived right alongside them and claimed the same are just same old crazies as well. You folks that refuse to believe what native americans have reported for hundreds of years are just a tad arrogant. I can tell you for a fact that this **** happens all the time. I know several folks that butt up against forests or wooded areas that have this happening. It's not like it's this rocket science event. It's a sas that either is opportunistic (tagging some readily available food) or looking for entertainment (let's watch the humans). The folks that take this stance are obviously very green and I don't mean that in an environmentally conscious way.

Actually I do embraced what the NA have reported over the centuries. They didnt have cameras, however. What I refuse to embrace are these tired multiple encounters at my house bits. You question them with logical questions and they whine about not being believed. You want to be believed then cough up some evidence, tracks cast/ filmed, maybe a bleeping picture. No I dont believe a sasquatch is regularing banging on someone's house. Maybe it is, maybe its a human harassing you. But they wont find out, afterall its a sasquatch remember. Blind. And no I am not arrogant I am realistic. I dont know what you mean by "obviously very green" therefore I'll just say Whatever. oh yeah, you are correct its not rocket science, its ridiculous.

dav

If It Was Me IN Sasfooty’s Situation:

Okay, so I have Bigfoots fairly regularly visiting my property sometimes even howling for 30 seconds. And I am in NO doubt about this. None. I used my bionic ear – heard one mimicking me. I’ve actually seen one dash across a clearing, filmed them and found a track in my garden. I know they’re real. I KNOW.

I say to myself. Self? People have been ridiculed for decades for even believing in the possibility they exist, much less for claiming an encounter. Hell, I’VE been taken to task a little bit on this very forum. Science and skeptics have battled believers at every turn, wanting proof. And I can provide it. I can put an end to it. And I might even become famous for it. Wait. Might? No, I will definitely become famous as the man who collected enough evidence that compelled real scientific inquiry and the eventual “discovery†of Bigfoot. So I have my motivations. Fame - the dashing of mean skeptics against the jagged rocks of their “logicâ€. I’ll show them. And scientific discovery. Post discovery, I’m going to be mentioned whenever a story is written about Bigfoot because I will have been instrumental in their discovery and the furthering of human knowledge. Where they hadn’t officially existed before, they are now accepted due in large part because of my untiring efforts.

Believing them to be real animals with no paranormal powers, I buy eight game cams. Money be damned, I’m on a mission. I’ll take out a loan, rent them, whatever I have to do. I’ll also install motion detector lights in several trees that surround my house. I’ll have the option from inside my house to turn the detectors on or off. I’ll do this all in the daytime too, when they’re presumably sleeping, since they’re always active at night.

Then, I’ll use my tractor or tiller and till a 10 yard path all the way around the side of the house they most frequent. The path will be at the edge of the woods, between the trees and my grass. I'll till it over three times too, to get out most of the clumps. Then I'll spray it down each night of my hunt. This will serve as a great way to collect tracks.

Then I would schedule a two week vacation. The first Saturday of my vacation I sleep in as late as I can, then stay awake as late as I can. That Saturday night I stay awake until 1:45 a.m.

But I sleep in even longer Sunday morning. Sunday night I make until 3:20 a.m.

Now the first Monday of my vacation comes and I’ve slept in until 1 p.m. I’m not completely acclimated to staying up at night and sleeping during the day, but I’m well on my way.

Monday night I start my hunt for proof. I don’t even have to leave the house; they’ll come to me.

This DOES seem to be a pretty good way to go about it.

Guest midnightwalker1

Actually I do embraced what the NA have reported over the centuries. They didnt have cameras, however. What I refuse to embrace are these tired multiple encounters at my house bits. You question them with logical questions and they whine about not being believed. You want to be believed then cough up some evidence, tracks cast/ filmed, maybe a bleeping picture. No I dont believe a sasquatch is regularing banging on someone's house. Maybe it is, maybe its a human harassing you. But they wont find out, afterall its a sasquatch remember. Blind. And no I am not arrogant I am realistic. I dont know what you mean by "obviously very green" therefore I'll just say Whatever. oh yeah, you are correct its not rocket science, its ridiculous.

dav

I go to my core areas and don't brings cams for a reason. I want them totally relaxed and doing whatever they do so that I learn. People who have them coming around dont do the cam thing out of respect. As for proving things to you or others, not even in my objectives nor others. I may share bits of what I learn out there selectively with people but that doesn't mean I'll be coughing up evidence.

As for you're not believing in the banging on people's house, that's your illogic. What do you think they do when they want a female to come to the window so they can see her? Duh. Or even a human they want to see or toy with...they bang on the house. Nothing new man. People can be their entertainment and what better way to get their attention or give them a hello while passing than to bang on the house. Anyway, it is what it is and it's not ridiculous unless you just don't know enough about the subject...then... "it's ridiculous." Realistic definition is "Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are" and in your case you are simply "not aware."

People who have them coming around dont do the cam thing out of respect.

It's really easy to type that. It's also easy to type, People who have them coming around don't do the cam thing because they're not really coming around so there's nothing to take a picture of.

"Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are" and in your case you are simply "not aware."

I'm "aware" and I find habituation stories to be ridiculous.

I go to my core areas and don't brings cams for a reason. I want them totally relaxed and doing whatever they do so that I learn. People who have them coming around dont do the cam thing out of respect.

As for you're not believing in the banging on people's house, that's your illogic. What do you think they do when they want a female to come to the window so they can see her? Duh. Or even a human they want to see or toy with...they bang on the house. Nothing new man. People can be their entertainment and what better way to get their attention or give them a hello while passing than to bang on the house. Anyway, it is what it is and it's not ridiculous unless you just don't know enough about the subject...then... "it's ridiculous." Realistic definition is "Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are" and in your case you are simply "not aware."

and your second paragraph is the heart of my "unawareness" You have "something" messing with your house and family and you do nothing about, because its bigfoot and it deserves "respect". So it could be a crazy human but you wont find out because you need a totally calm bigfoot. This is why I say, individuals that have regular muli-encounters with no evidence or prove at all dont sound knowledgeable they sound ridiculous. And with that I am done I will stop derailing this thread.

and Midnightwalker1 I am by no means picking on or singling you out, friend.

dav

Edited by DavSquatch