Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

Barking dogs usually do sound "canine". I guess I should have noted that there are also dogs barking in the clip that has the whoops.

Most people that have heard whoops can tell the difference, so I assume that you never heard one.

If bigfoot sounds just like a coyote, then how do you tell the difference? I guess if you had multiple clear video clips of bigfoots throwing their heads back and making these sounds, and you compared spectrograms of those calls with coyote recordings and established a structural difference in the respective signatures that was both statistically significant and discernible to human hearing, I would be willing to entertain the notion that you could tell a "bigfoot" howl from a coyote howl. Unless you've done that, then the vastly more likely explanation is that you've recorded coyotes.

Check this out: confirmation bias.

I learned to tell the difference by hearing it rattle the windows in my house & literally paralyzing me, so that I could neither move nor catch my breath for a few seconds. They vibrate your whole body right down to the bones. It's like standing beside railroad tracks when a train is passing. I'm talking about the howls, not the whoops, although they, too can be pretty "surprising".

I've also heard whoops up close, with coyotes yipping not far away & there is no doubt that the whoops aren't coyotes when you hear them close by. After awhile, it is easy to tell which is what, even from a long way off.

I'm not trying to imply that there are no coyotes or dogs in those recordings, because there are. You just have to know how to tell the difference.

Edited by Sasfooty

I learned to tell the difference by hearing it rattle the windows in my house & literally paralyzing me, so that I could neither move nor catch my breath for a few seconds.

The fact that you find certain calls unnerving does not make them bigfoot. Maybe your windows rattle sometimes because the coyote making the call is closer to the house than usual.

Doesn't it give you pause to present recordings of coyote calls that you think are bigfoot calls while you acknowledge yourself that there are actual coyote calls on the same recording? Why do you think the "bigfoots" are making coyote-sounding calls while coyotes are doing the same thing?

Doesn't it give you pause to present recordings of coyote calls that you think are bigfoot calls while you acknowledge yourself that there are actual coyote calls on the same recording?

Some of them run WITH coyotes. We have seen them together. They howl, & the coyotes howl. The recorder gets it all. You either know the difference or you don't. I'm sorry that you apparently don't.

Why do you think the "bigfoots" are making coyote-sounding calls while coyotes are doing the same thing?

They haven't chosen to say why they make calls that sound to the general population like coyotes. Maybe they want to sound like coyotes so they won't be noticed. Why did the Indians make wolf howls on those old Westerns before they attacked the wagon train?

Edited by Sasfooty

Admin

May be you could ask them why? :blink:

Sask,

That confirmation bias cuts both ways and you know it B)

edited to add the "k" cause of all these Sasfolk

Edited by masterbarber

Sasfooty, could you tell me which time specifically in those files I should be listening for? Thanks. I've personally recorded a few unknown sounds before in the past, as well as known animal sounds so I have a little experience listening to animals. I appreciate you sharing your recordings here.

Sasfooty, could you tell me which time specifically in those files I should be listening for? Thanks. I've personally recorded a few unknown sounds before in the past, as well as known animal sounds so I have a little experience listening to animals. I appreciate you sharing your recordings here.

Maybe you are too young to have watched "Tarzan" every Saturday morning, back in the fifties.

You can go

to listen to his famous call, if you don't know what it is. The one I recorded was at least a half mile away, so it isn't very loud, but it's still recognizable. I've never heard a coyote sound anything like it.

The best "whoop" is in the first second of that recording. It goes wooooooo-OOOP. There are one or two others in it kind of covered by a dog, but the first one is the clearest.

Edited by Sasfooty

Thanks for your description. I hear the spots you are talking about in there. There is a slightly different tone than most of the sounds. It could even be human imitating the coyote/canine sounds or just a weird sounding one. I guess without seeing the source it would be hard to know. Have you ever seen/video the source for the recordings?

I admit I have been acting kind of douchey about this. My apologies. I usually don't let my emotions get the better of me, or try not too. I get anxious when there is possible evidence so close. Trust me, I'd hate to prove you wrong. I've never had an experience and I don't know for myself. I can't know as there are no reported sightings of sasquatch down on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. So I have no way to know anything. I believe they exist and that it is only a matter of time. So please excuse my actions. I was chomping at the bit rather hard and I shouldn't have. I'm sorry.

Personally I didn't see anything wrong with any of your questions or the way you asked them.

I guess the native americans that lived right alongside them and claimed the same are just same old crazies as well. You folks that refuse to believe what native americans have reported for hundreds of years are just a tad arrogant. I can tell you for a fact that this **** happens all the time. I know several folks that butt up against forests or wooded areas that have this happening. It's not like it's this rocket science event. It's a sas that either is opportunistic (tagging some readily available food) or looking for entertainment (let's watch the humans). The folks that take this stance are obviously very green and I don't mean that in an environmentally conscious way.

I also don't believe in tales of shape shifting cannibal demons that retain the teeth of otters no mater what shape they chose (local aboriginal legend).

My own ancestors had plenty of mythology that I do not believe as well.

I take the eye witness account of an aboriginal no more or less credible then anyone else.

I live in south western British Columbia and I have never met anyone claiming a personal encounter.

I would love the opportunity to discuss their encounter

Guest Yeti1974

Thanks for posting those Sasfooty. I like the second recording.

Would love to see your videos too, even if you feel they don't show anything important.

Some of them run WITH coyotes. We have seen them together. They howl, & the coyotes howl. The recorder gets it all.

Ah, it's all coming together now. The bigfoots hang out with the coyotes so they speak coyote language. Makes sense.

Please forgive my grave ignorance in identifying different animals by the sounds they make (despite the fact that it's the cornerstone of my career), but you still haven't demonstrated how you can tell bigfoot coyote calls from coyote coyote calls. For example, how many times have you clearly observed a bigfoot making a coyote call? I'd have to assume that the answer is at least "dozens of times" before anyone could have any confidence in their ability to discern the difference.

Guest gershake

Saskeptic, this is probably none of my business and who am I to tell you things, but in my mind, you're the best skeptic on the board and I am a bit saddened seeing you get cynical in your recent replies to this thread. I am sure you could get (and have previously got) your point across without sarcastic remarks like the above "makes sense" etc. I'm not a mod and thus, as I said, certainly not in a position to tell you things, and I have my doubts about her photo, or those calls being bigfoot calls, as well, so I hope I'm not offending you. But I'd dislike if Sasfooty stopped responding because she feels she's not taken seriously (see also: yakcam's post in the "for those who walk among them" topic).

Again, I apologise if my comment was uncalled for and I'd definitely not complain if a mod deleted it.

Edited by gershake

Thanks for posting those Sasfooty. I like the second recording.

Would love to see your videos too, even if you feel they don't show anything important.

PM me an email.