Oregon researchers

Doug

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I wear an orange hat, orange plaid shirt, orange thermal top and an orange vest if I have to wear a coat, as all my coats are camo, so the vest and the hat come into play more so. I used to wear just camo, but from time to time I would find myself looking through binos at someone looking at me though their scope on their rifles. Yikes! I started wearing orange and that never happened again. 

Ive had it happen to me and they knew I was a human. I was standing on my ranch. Its not a great feeling. But when you point a rifle back at them they suddenly lose interest…..🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

Might have been @norseman hoping you were a squatch, dreaming of bathing in your blood and wearing your hide as a cloak... good thing your head wasn't cone shaped or you might not be with us anymore. 

I kid, kind of. 

You rang? What’s your coat size again?🧐

IMG_0333.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, norseman said:

You rang? What’s your coat size again?🧐

IMG_0333.jpeg

Hilarious. Glad you have a sense of humor. 

On 11/1/2023 at 5:32 PM, Doug said:

I used to wear just camo, but from time to time I would find myself looking through binos at someone looking at me though their scope on their rifles

Oh, dang! I just bought an orange handkerchief to hang on my pack. I have a hat somewhere...

The two most dangerous creatures in the woods I hunt, are cougars and people. In 52 years of spending a ton of time in the woods, I saw what I thought was a cougars some years ago and two cougars on separate occasions very close up this year alone. I guess ticks too. They gave me Lyme's disease. People on the other hand, you gotta be real careful with them.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Doug said:

The two most dangerous creatures in the woods I hunt, are cougars and people. In 52 years of spending a ton of time in the woods, I saw what I thought was a cougars some years ago and two cougars on separate occasions very close up this year alone. I guess ticks too. They gave me Lyme's disease. People on the other hand, you gotta be real careful with them.

I meant the woods I hunt in. I don't want to think I hunt humans.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1