The Echo Incident

Guest parnassus

a 12 gauge slug is the only projectile that can pass right through a door on a vehicle and still be on target.(other military ammo that is designed for it) there is only minimal deflection even in heavy brush.

with in 100 yds it will bring down any n.american animals and just about every one in Africa. any of the semi -autos with a rifled slug barrel in three inch mag are excellent

for up to 100 yds with standard slugs ,with sabots out to 200 yds.

Dixie Slugs IXL-DGS

Is an ultimate stopper slug

The Dixie IXL-DGS is .730" and weighs 870 grs. It is designed for rifled barrels and .729"/.730" bore smoothbore with cylinder chokes. The velocity in the loaded rounds is 1200'/" from 20" 12 gauge 3" Hastings rifled barrels. Dixie designed his slug as requested by experienced shooters in Alaska. It is a true Dangerous Game slug/bullet that will stand up against the most severe tests! It is cast from our standard bullet alloy and heat-treated.There are other offerings that call themselves DGS (Dangerous Game Slugs) that are nothing more than swaged lead. They will never stand up to the severe situations that the Dixie IXL-DGS is designed for.

then you could go with a semi-auto 10 gauge with slugs

Muzzle velocity: 1280 fps.

Velocity at 50 yards: 1085 fps.

Velocity at 100 yards: 970 fps.

Muzzle energy: 2786 ft/lbs.

Energy at 50 yards: 2001 ft/lbs.

Energy at 100 yards: 1600 ft/lbs.

Edited by zigoapex

Stopping power. Weapon of choice if you want to drop something at close range that is powerful enough to tear you to pieces. Also good if you anticipate the possibility of multiple attackers.

If you are looking to "harvest" a very large, potentially dangerous mammal, why are you carrying a shot gun?

I can tell you there was much thought put into the weapon and ammunition choice. The other commenters have it right.

The detail left out of the report was that there was still ice in it even though the ambient air temperature was in the high 90's that day.

Guest parnassus

Thanks B

I must say I am surprised that no one has posted the idea that Colyer's actions were extremely ill-advised. Is this "shoot up the woods" what we should expect from Bigfoot researchers? Where will it end?

As the report says, he had a clear visual of the animal. He saw it prior to taking his shot as it walked across the path and then saw it again moments later as it moved through the gap in the foliage. I don't know that I'd characterize what he did as "shooting up the woods" except that the trees behind the animal took the brunt of his fire.

Guest parnassus

And the tea was on the trail.

Colyer says he saw the biped cross the trail.

My question: as far as the trail is concerned, were the spot where the biped crossed, and the spot where the iced tea was found, both in the same direction from Colyer? Ie were both of these spots( crossing and tea) either "up the trail" or "down the trail" from Colyer?

To put it another way, if one walked from the spot where Colyer fired, to the crossing, and then continued walking on the trail in the same general direction, would one have come upon the tea?

Edited by parnassus

And it was on the trail. so that puts at least one human on the trail.

Now Colyer says he saw this biped ?cross the trail.

My question: as far as the trail goes, were the spot where the biped (who was fired upon) crossed, and the iced tea human on the same side of Colyer. Ie were they both either "up the trail" or

The way I picture is that it's possible the couple may have witnessed the Bf....if they did I wonder why it was not mentioned? Maybe they dropped the tea when they saw the BF and not because of the shots or a combination of both lol.

Edited by Tautriadelta

From the statement:

Their position, relative to Colyer's, was to the west through the dense forest, while the animal Colyer was attempting to collect was to his southwest. Neither they nor their vehicle was ever in the line of fire.

You can either accept that statement as true or you can choose not to. They were about 75 yards away (25-30 between Daryl and the animal plus the addition 50 or so from where the animal crossed the trail to where their beverage was found) with a thick forest between them and not in the line of fire. Their reaction was to the sound, not to bullets whizzing by their head.

As far as we know, they didn't see the animal at all.

Guest parnassus

From the statement:

You can either accept that statement as true or you can choose not to. They were about 75 yards away (25-30 between Daryl and the animal plus the addition 50 or so from where the animal crossed the trail to where their beverage was found) with a thick forest between them and not in the line of fire. Their reaction was to the sound, not to bullets whizzing by their head.

As far as we know, they didn't see the animal at all.

I'm just trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

So Daryl was on the trail, and the tea was on the trail, and the biped was reportedly seen on the trail between Colyer and the tea. Is that right?

Was the biped reportedly moving at a high rate of speed or just walking?

Edited by parnassus

My question: as far as the trail is concerned, were the spot where the biped crossed, and the spot where the iced tea was found, both in the same direction from Colyer? Ie were both of these spots( crossing and tea) either "up the trail" or "down the trail" from Colyer?

To put it another way, if one walked from the spot where Colyer fired, to the crossing, and then continued walking on the trail in the same general direction, would one have come upon the tea?

Yes, it was the same trail, but its not a straight line from where the animal crossed to where the tea was found. The terrain is uneven causing the trail to wind around, both back and forth and in elevation.