What If Nothing Comes Of The Ketchum/op/erickson Projects?

Susie, you are confusing me, I thought you posted the article link from Dr. Ketchum's FB page on peer review........

:blush: I very excitedly posted old news as new news,in a new topic, then discovered my mistake when I noticed the date, plus Facebook hiccuped and I could not locate Melba's FB site, and was just sure that she had deleted it because the news would be released soon. :blink:

I seriously need to just go back to bed. I'm exhausted from the new dog we have, plus the 3 cats, and the 3 other dogs all demanding my attention, and we have only returned home recently from a long car ride to and from Texas.

Plus I've some how managed to pinch a nerve in my back and hip joint, so I'm really hurting, missing church, and sitting here being very thankful that I have somewhere to hang out while I'm feeling sorry for myself,plus I'm hungry but it hurts too much to even get up off of the heating pad to get anything to eat.

I may order in takeout.Hubby is out working, so I'm alone with the cats and dogs.

But I don't need to walk into your home to know that cats exist.

Showing me catnip, a toy mouse, a box of kitty litter, and some cat food, is a far cry from showing me a cat. Those items are easily obtainable by anyone, whether they have a cat or not.

Doesn't seem to matter. So far not a single piece of bigfoot evidence has been matched to an actual bigfoot.

RayG

And like I said, none of this is proof of anything. It would be easy to fake living with cats, and it would be easy to fake a Bigfoot encounter. Of course no Bigfoot evidence has been matched to an actual Bigfoot, because we do not have PROOF that Bigfoot even exists. I am just saying that people seem to hold "evidence" up to the same scrutiny as "proof" and it doesn't have to be.

Plenty of people get acquitted of crimes because it cannot be PROVEN that they are the culprits. Is there EVIDENCE? Sure, in some cases there are several pieces of evidence; just not enough to PROOVE anything. Footprints, hair, and scat, and eyewitness testimony are all pieces of evidence that some kind of bipedal ape might be out there. I agree that none of it proves anything.

Depending on how its received will impact consideration by mainstream science. If it gets panned no organization is going to fund a study. The hope would be that it generates enough interest that maybe some money will be put towards a "serious" study but who or what organization is going to take that risk in this economic climate much less having to be lumped in with current crop of media research. After so many years and the subject not being picked up its unlikely this will push it over the edge IMO. We must remember that most science is done with grant money, someone elses money, the risk/reward is way to heavy on the risk side. But we shall see...

Gee Wiz, Cervelo, You really think that's what going to happen?

:(

I'm putting a movie on and will continue feeling sorry for myself while watching it because it's too much trouble to pop some popcorn, much less do anything else!

That Heaven for remote controls and saved movies on our Moxie!

:blink:

Melba came through! I love her picture!

Which picture? The picture of her face? She is a lovely lady.

Are there other pictures that I've missed?

Guest parnassus

re the OP:

There will be a speaker at the Honobia Conference who reports that bigfoots have been sighted wearing hairnets and latex gloves. Another speaker will suggest that Bigfoot can detect persons who have the intent to collect specimens for DNA testing, and upon sensing such persons, the bigfoots will immediately leave the area after wiping all surfaces clean of trace hair, saliva, skin cells, feces, bodily fluids and/or blood. The speaker will cite the absence of bigfoot DNA as proof of this. A third speaker will note that old articles of clothing are sometimes found in the woods, and suggest that the bigfoots have adopted clothing, abandoned the woods, and now move among us undetected. As evidence, the speaker will cite a recent upswing in sales of depilatory creams, GoodNews razors, Big and Tall items, and Axe deodorants. Sweaty Yeti will show that the bodily dimensions of the PGF subject prove that a bigfoot with good grooming cannot be distinguished from a normal modern human. Kathy Strain will find a rock art image of a bigfoot with a red circle/slash bar over it. The conference will disband after these talks because everyone will start getting a creepy feeling that they are being watched by bigfoots. Right in the room. They could be right. Bobo and all other persons over 200 lbs/ 6 feet tall (females somewhat less) will be detained under provisions of the newly passed Patriosquatch Act. Some members of Congress will call for an electric fence to be built around the PNW, while others remind the public of how important bigfoots are to our economy, as they probably do jobs that humans won't. My crystal ball is getting dim, but I think that probably a bigfoot will be elected president but will be impeached because bigfoots never made birth certificates.

Don't take this as gospel; I could be wrong on one or two of these predictions, but overall I think I'm pretty close.

Edited by parnassus

Guest Cervelo

Or it could go like this!

Warning this has the fword in it!!

If it has to come down no problem on my part feel free to delete! But its very funny IMO!

Guest Cervelo

SS,

IMO yes sorry to be a buzz-kill! Go pop that popcorn biggie will be better off if he's never proven to exsit!!

Edited by Cervelo

Depending on how its received will impact consideration by mainstream science. If it gets panned no organization is going to fund a study. The hope would be that it generates enough interest that maybe some money will be put towards a "serious" study but who or what organization is going to take that risk in this economic climate much less having to be lumped in with current crop of media research. After so many years and the subject not being picked up its unlikely this will push it over the edge IMO. We must remember that most science is done with grant money, someone elses money, the risk/reward is way to heavy on the risk side. But we shall see...

You aren't wrong, but many things sat on the proverbial shelf for decades before someone came along and proved their theories as being right. It's a fascinating myth and I don't think it will ever go away as long as we continue to have sightings. If not proven by this generation, there is always the next one coming along that can pick up where this ours left off.

Guest Cervelo

Jodie,

I'm with ya! It gets me outside and seeing stuff I would not normally see but it's a form of entertainment for me. I just want to see one!!!

SS,

IMO yes sorry to be a buzz-kill! Go pop that popcorn biggie will be better off if he's never proven to exsit!!

Sadly, I totally agree.

I fear what the future may hold when BF is revealed to the world as truly existing. :unsure:

Most people will laugh it off,others will be terrified to go into the woods, and others may wish to bag one. :(

Only time will tell..

Guest RedRatSnake

Well it looks like maybe there is more than nothing on two counts at least(sticking with the OP here).

Well there is something to all this BF stuff with the sightings, people are seeing something strange and we have still yet too find out what it is.

My list in no particular order of possibles in the US american-flag-icon.gif

1. Escaped pets

2. Hunters

3. Poachers

4. Pot Growers

5. Moose, Elk, Deer, Etc

6. Army Rangers

7. Navy Seals

8. Hoaxers

9. Jokers

10. Mind Tricks

Bonus ~ Francis the talking mule

BFF Patron

And then.......

we have the eastern Cougar...... :lol:

I think the TV networks will pick it up and run with it, but mainstream science will be slower to respond to it. I don't see the other organizations funding their own study either atleast not with the same number of samples, unless they get linked up with a major university. I think the evaluation of risk will be completed in Dr. Ketchums study. It "is" a serious study.

Guest Cervelo

Southernyahoo,

Was not taking a swipe at your "serious" project sorry if you took it that way. But that does bring up another issue I see with all parties involved. You guys better really toughen up before your big reveal. From what I've seen from the almost hysterical/defensive tone of the some of the post here, you are going to be in for a rough ride! There might even be some crying who knows!

But good luck!