What If Nothing Comes Of The Ketchum/op/erickson Projects?

I try not to get emotional about all this, but the facts will simply speak for themselves. If science agrees with the findings, then the laymen comments won't mean much in the matter.

There might even be some crying who knows!

I think one crowd will be silent while the other is loud. ;)

I think one crowd will be silent while the other is loud. ;)

Why?

I'm guessing the two crowds you refer to are skeptics and non-skeptics.

If DNA testing confirms an undiscovered/unclassified critter then it's a win-win situation and both crowds will welcome the news.

If DNA testing is inconclusive, then what is there to be loud about? Nothing will have changed.

RayG

Yes we could have skeptics and proponents who are loudly rejoicing in the discovery. I just don't call some who are certain BF doesn't exist, " skeptics" you must remember.

Assuming the DNA conclusion is positive, I see skeptics changing their position on bigfoot.

However, what happens if it isn't? Will the loudest of proponents rethink their position?

I doubt it.

RayG

I think my hypothesis would change and be rethought , but then I don't personally have a sighting that is definitive for me. Those that do have that probably won't give up. I really think that if this project can't nail something down on this seemingly simple question of existence it won't likely happen.

Here's a question for you. Would existence be enough, or would you want to have every aspect of their lives studied to go with the proof?

• 7 months later...

Wanted to bump this to discuss the Erickson Project.

Not much has happened in that camp as of late. Are they dead in the water? I would just guess that activity may increase on their site as the Ketchum DNA paper nears the final chapter (alledgely).

Anyone heard anything recently?

• 6 months later...

Assuming the DNA conclusion is positive, I see skeptics changing their position on bigfoot.

However, what happens if it isn't? Will the loudest of proponents rethink their position?

I doubt it.

RayG

there can't be a 'positive' result, only a result that generates more questions.

I kinda wonder that happened to the people associated to the Erickson Project. Seems like Dennis Pfohl and Leila Hadj-Chikh would still be in the mix. Even with NDAs they would seem to have something to say.