Erickson Project

Susie, there has been a bit of a witch hunt going on over Paulides by some that is undeserving. Much of it stems from a single comment he made to Mike Rugg a few yrs ago. Was there 'history' between the two? I don't know. I'm sure they are both good people too, having never met either one. Then when DP simply looked into MK Davis claims, well there was another little linch mob, much of it seemed motived by the first incident. But all he really did was INVESTIGATE because that's what police detectives are trained to do. Instead he was branded as being in on MK's claims. I tried to point out that he was merely investigating it at CM, but my post and I found out others, weren't allowed. That was the last time I posted there I believe. I don't like it when the deck gets loaded.

Don't discount his work in Tribal Bigfoot because of the old lynch mob methods that go on in this field Susie. And after so many years on the job, anyone will have a few scrapes on their uniform. I'm sure any officer here will tell you that they have faced dilemmas in the field that put them in difficult situations.

:wub: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm ordering his book today, and I sincerely appreciate your honest and forth-right explanation. I'm enjoying my books but I could do more reading if I could just turn off the computer(!!!!) and read instead of visiting with all of you all day every day... :rolleyes: I read in bed at night, and that is such a nice and quiet and wonderful time to read.. ;)

I can understand doubts with brief sightings and when witnesses are pressed to conform back into the fold. They use to say that to about sea monsters not existing. Turns out there are giant squids, great whites and orcas in the vast oceans. Who knew? Ah the fisherman and sailors did way before the rest of the world including the scientific community. huh.gif

same difference JMO tracker, dry.gif

And we have physical remains of those creatures.

I can understand doubts with brief sightings and when witnesses are pressed to conform back into the fold. They use to say that to about sea monsters not existing. Turns out there are giant squids, great whites and orcas in the vast oceans. Who knew? Ah the fisherman and sailors did way before the rest of the world including the scientific community. huh.gif

same difference JMO tracker, dry.gif

They used to say that about unicorns, bigfoot, goblins, faeries, gnomes ect...WAY before the rest of the world too. So by your logic should we give them consideration too? Ridiculous.

Guest tracker

And we have physical remains of those creatures.

Yea because of the higher numbers and commercial fisheries raping the oceans.

Guest tracker

They used to say that about unicorns, bigfoot, goblins, faeries, gnomes ect...WAY before the rest of the world too. So by your logic should we give them consideration too? Ridiculous.

can you prove they don't exist? show us your evidence.

Guest Silver Fox

There are not large numbers of intelligent, civilized, scientifically advanced, non-superstitious, modern people who are making tens of thousands of reports of sightings unicorns, goblins, fairies, unicorns or gnomes. No reasonable person ever sees any of these things.

We have 40,000+ BF reports, often by intelligent, civilized, scientifically advanced, non-superstitious, modern people. That's a whole new ballgame.

40,000 seems like a huge number for modern times. Bfro has claimes 27,000 I think, could you tell me how you arived at 40,000? Not being snarky or anything, Lots of smaller organizations who had reported sightings are defunct, lots of organizations have changed their policy in allowing public access to theirs. Even if I had the time to compile a count of reported sightings it would be overwhelming. Thanks.

The family doesn't care about money.

They never do, for some strange reason.

Not just this case, but those habituatoin folks, those with the bigfoots wandering all over their property never seen to be the kind that cares about money.

Why is that?

Guest Silver Fox

They never do, for some strange reason.

Not just this case, but those habituatoin folks, those with the bigfoots wandering all over their property never seen to be the kind that cares about money.

Why is that?

Chis Noel says that the families are often not working either, and often have disabled people at the residence, and this may be one reason why they are not working. Noel suggests that folks who are disabled or long term unemployed have dropped out of the rat race in some way or another, and their long-term exodus from the rat race and/or their disabilities have led them to be more empathetic. They're also around the house a lot more (like all day long) and so they have more opportunity to interact with the BF's.

There may also be another factor in that the greedy people possibly try to make money off their habituation soon after it happens in some way, maybe by calling in all sorts of researchers. This scares the BF's away. So maybe the money-grubbers are just factoring themselves out of habituations by their behavior.

I am told that the most successful habituators have kept it a deep secret and hardly told anyone about it, hence the property is not overrun with researchers.

Face it, greedy, money-grubbing people are not that empathetic. Greed and empathy are at opposite ends of the human spectrum, and one tends to cancel the other out. The more empathetic you are, the harder of a time you have in the money-grubbing world, and a life of grasping tends to wipe out what little empathy the grasper had in the first place.

Not trying to make an anti-capitalist argument or anything like that here; I like money myself, problem is I never have any :lol: .

You can even look to Jesus himself (or most any religion) for an argument along these lines if you will if you like.

Simply basic human nature.

Edited by Silver Fox

Guest Silver Fox

40,000 seems like a huge number for modern times. Bfro has claimes 27,000 I think, could you tell me how you arived at 40,000? Not being snarky or anything, Lots of smaller organizations who had reported sightings are defunct, lots of organizations have changed their policy in allowing public access to theirs. Even if I had the time to compile a count of reported sightings it would be overwhelming. Thanks.

I figure that 40,000 is low! Not only that, but many folks have multiple sightings. We have one guy on here who had 7 sightings and another who had 4. How many got reported? One each? I figure 1/10 Class A sightings got reported, and maybe 1/100 Class B encounters get reported, mostly because most of those folks don't even know what they heard, smelled, etc. How many folks have seen a BF and just thought it was a man? Who knows?

Think of all of the massive amount of sightings before the modern and Internet era, say before 1960. We have evidence that some folks had a huge amount of sightings back then. How many American Indian sightings got reported?

I figure that 40,000 is low! Not only that, but many folks have multiple sightings. We have one guy on here who had 7 sightings and another who had 4. How many got reported? One each? I figure 1/10 Class A sightings got reported, and maybe 1/100 Class B encounters get reported, mostly because most of those folks don't even know what they heard, smelled, etc. How many folks have seen a BF and just thought it was a man? Who knows?

Think of all of the massive amount of sightings before the modern and Internet era, say before 1960. We have evidence that some folks had a huge amount of sightings back then. How many American Indian sightings got reported?

Gotcha! :)

I just had had visions of you slaving digging up every report made in modern times....LOL!!! I don't doubt there have been that many reports....between local papers, police blotters, old BF orgs that once defunct the info goes away with them, independent researchers plus all the local oral reports that never get officially reported. I just wondered about it. Thanks for straightening me out.Grin!

Guest tracker

Good numbers but I would guess higher than 40 k for all of NA. Most people in Canada don't know about BFRO or Oregon or how popular this subject is in the states. The media hype is not even half of what you guys have. So the big orgs don't come around with their shinny trucks with all the fancy BF logos. Instead you'll see one guy wearing a Jack links ball cap driving an old rusty explorer. And the first things he' might say's is. "hows it going or hear you got Squatch problems mam? and don't forget the eh. Oh wait that's me, I thought I recognized myself. smile.gif

Edited by tracker
  • Upvote 1

can you prove they don't exist? show us your evidence.

No one can prove a negative. That's faulty reasoning and you should know better. Additionally, I wouldn't have to prove they don't exist even if a negative could be proven. It's up to anyone who says they do exist to prove that they do. You have over 800 posts in and should have learned this a long time ago.