Structures Of Different Kinds

Guest RedRatSnake

I don't think so..............wood rots pretty quickly. Try getting out in the woods, you might learn something!

Hi

Hey that post was between me and BP :P it's a running joke kinda thing ~

And i do go out in the woods, in fact i can almost get a rock into the local town and state park from my house, but i like to just hang out in my little neck of the woods and watch the animals from my deck instead.

Tim ~ :)

• 4 months later...
Guest toejam

I love structure threads! Back in 08 when I had my first very close vocal incident involving whoops, (chest thumps) and a limb break, I knew they were real. To hear the voice up close is an incredible experience. Something in between human and animal. Since then I've frequented the area and found several structures throughout, several of which have popped up since I started. I don't know if they're related but I lean towards that they are. This is some of what I've found.

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2590-1.jpg

Same as above..

IMG_2597-1.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

_MG_5727-1.jpg

_MG_6981.jpg

_MG_5669-1-1.jpg

Tree breaks

_MG_5654-1.jpg

A few more....

_MG_7025.jpg

Same as above..

_MG_7026.jpg

_MG_6975.jpg

_MG_6937-1.jpg

Edited by toejam

Checking our cameras a few weeks ago I spotted 4 structures from the snowmobile. This is the site of a winter habituation in Alberta. We stopped at this one and I will be out there again to photograph the others when the snow is gone.post-1151-0-19042800-1334688607.jpgpost-1151-0-35276500-1334688643.jpg

BFF Patron

I have noticed spiral and "star" or asterisk shapes in trees. I recently noticed branches up mid-tree that do not seem to belong to said tree, at a 90 degree angle to the trunk. Like perches--the original treestand, so to speak.. Basketlike constructions at the ends of some branches ....for lying in? Watching from? (but post pictures? never again.)

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest Lone Squatcher

I've never understood why stick structures get the attention they do, it's just too easy to explain them away as normal natural circumstances.

I don't know who you are or how much experience you have in the bush but I have been researching sasquatch for 25 years and have been an avid hunter even longer than that and if you spend enough time in the bush looking at things and I mean really looking at things you can easily tell what is natural and what is unnatural. I am not trying to be mean, I am saying this respectfully, you need to perhaps spend more time in the woods looking at tree structures and formations. bring a naturalist with you and you will get a better understanding of how to examine a tree structure or formation. there is more out there than X's Arches and arrows, lots more.

Some of the criss crossing, x's, and obviously sticks piled against trees intrigue me- but I still shy away from the arches a bit, as far as considering them "squatchy".

I've just seen so many of them that were naturally occuring. Not saying "all" arches are naturally occuring- but I do think alot of them are.

The area's I've spent my youth, adolescence, and adulthood hiking in have arched over tree's here and there- but simply no other sign of "activity". It appears some tree's are just kind of weak, or get slightly bent from an ice storm/snow, then continue to grow that way. There's one in particular on my folks farm- that crosses over a cow/horse path- and its been arched for many many years- but continues to leaf out every spring, and maintains a fairly normal leaf top during the summer.

I have yet to come across formations myself that jumped out at me as "unnatural"...

I think LoneSquatcher is right- if you spend enough time out there, you get a feel for what's been toyed with, and what hasnt.

Glad someone "bumped" the thread- it was a good one.

-A-

Guest OntarioSquatch

Check out this one taken in Central Ontario.

wawa%20ontario.jpg

Edit: there seems to be a consistency in the way these are built

Edited by OntarioSquatch

How about this little gem where a bird nested on on of these structures:it is the little things that get me.

post-482-0-43649200-1334851228.jpg

post-482-0-15236100-1334851299_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-42018200-1334851433_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest toejam

OntarioSquatch, I took that shot. I have others of the same structure at different times of the year and even with an add on just prior to activity.

As far as arches go, I don't give them any credence either unless they're locked down.

Guest ajciani
Some of the criss crossing, x's, and obviously sticks piled against trees intrigue me- but I still shy away from the arches a bit, as far as considering them "squatchy". I've just seen so many of them that were naturally occuring. Not saying "all" arches are naturally occuring- but I do think alot of them are.

I live in an area that gets its share of snow fall, and I used to think arches were naturally occurring. Since I have been studying bigfoots, I have come to realize that very few arches are natural.

BTW, when a big tree has fallen down and pinned a smaller tree under it, I do NOT consider that an arch. I only consider it an arch if there was no apparent means for the big tree to have fallen on the smaller one, as in the bend was a prerequisite to being pinned.

I have found that many arches are formed from sticks that were collected from elsewhere, stuck in the ground, and bent.

I have yet to come across formations myself that jumped out at me as "unnatural"... I think LoneSquatcher is right- if you spend enough time out there, you get a feel for what's been toyed with, and what hasnt. Glad someone "bumped" the thread- it was a good one. -A-

The piles that you mentioned are generally unnatural. A lot of stick structures tend to be smaller, and others are kind of innocuous.

For example, sometimes you will find a young tree, generally 5 to 9 feet tall, broken over about 12 to 18 inches off the ground, pointing along the trail. They are usually broken in such a way that the bark on the outside of the break is intact. Usually the bark on the inside of the break is also intact. Some people might think this was caused by deer pushing on the trees, but this is not the case. If the tree was simply pressed down, it would have broken somewhere near the middle of the bend, splitting the bark on the outside, and probably splitting down the length of the trunk. To create these un-split, abrupt breaks requires two hands.

The trees used in arches are often un-rooted. Usually locked down, but sometimes not.

Bigfoots will lay out small sticks to create things that look like makeshift deer blinds. I have also found small sticks woven into small trees.

One of the most obvious things I ever found was a 2-2.5 inch thick stick that had been broken into 5 foot-long pieces and arranged as |-|-|. The remaining 5 feet had been shoved into the ground 6 to 8 inches, at an angle. The ground was not THAT soft.